Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2019, 10:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)

I'm fine with him taking supporting movie roles and lead tv roles. I just wish he'd do more so we can see him more often.
It really does take a lot of patience to be a Taylor Kitsch fan.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
It really does take a lot of patience to be a Taylor Kitsch fan.
It really does. We are all playing the long game with him.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love that he is the way he is, it’s part of the reason I’m a fan. But I sometimes wish he’d play the game just a little...bit then he wouldn’t be him so. Double edged sword. I also don’t think I could handle him with a larger fan base. I like it the way it is.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I love that he is the way he is, it’s part of the reason I’m a fan. But I sometimes wish he’d play the game just a little...bit then he wouldn’t be him so. Double edged sword. I also don’t think I could handle him with a larger fan base. I like it the way it is.
Right? When someone says they don’t know who he is, I’m sad for them, but not upset he doesn’t have another fan. I know, messed up. It’s okay he’s obscure.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Most of the time if I'm talking about him I'll say the guy who played Tim Riggins, and then if they don't know who he is I'll usually go in on them having not seen FNL and watch it immediately. But, yes, I think it would be a completely different experience if he had some superhero role and had 10 million followers on IG.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

I was at a party two weeks ago and somehow Normal Heart came up. This girl was like, "Oooo I love that guy." I got so excited, but she was talking about Matt Bomer. haha
Old 04-14-2019, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I was at a party two weeks ago and somehow Normal Heart came up. This girl was like, "Oooo I love that guy." I got so excited, but she was talking about Matt Bomer. haha
so close!
Old 04-15-2019, 01:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Right? When someone says they don’t know who he is, I’m sad for them, but not upset he doesn’t have another fan. I know, messed up. It’s okay he’s obscure.
This is so true! lol Now what if this series makes him super famous overseas??
Old 04-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It might! He actually has a huge following in Russia because of JC...that book was required reading over there so it was huge. When he was in Italy and recognized so often most people referenced True Detective. So he is popular in pockets over there, but definitely not like in the US where he's "Riggins", they know him for other projects.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Loyal Fan

He's not well-known here. I only have like one friend I can ever talk about FNL with and even then she only knows him as Riggins.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like he gets recognized in Europe a lot.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

To be honest, he's been recognized more in Italy and Spain on average than he is in Austin or the US wherever he is as of the last few years.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
To be honest, he's been recognized more in Italy and Spain on average than he is in Austin or the US wherever he is as of the last few years.
I think people in Austin just leave him alone.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So I would assume he'd probably travel to Prague next week? To get settled in officially before they start filming.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A lot of the same info, but some new information on filming locations.

Quote:
Taylor Kitsch, Michael C. Hall, Logan Marshall-Green to shoot ‘Shadowplay’ in Prague

In the footsteps of Whiskey Cavalier and Carnival Row, another major international TV production will begin shooting in Prague and throughout the Czech Republic later this month.

Shadowplay is a Berlin-set post-WWII drama from Swedish filmmakers Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein, creators of the acclaimed Scandinavian series The Bridge, which has been seen in 100 countries around the world.

In the English-language, Berlin-set Shadowplay, Taylor Kitsch (Waco, True Detective, Friday Night Lights), Michael C. Hall (Dexter), and Logan Marshall-Green (Upgrade) will star with Prague filling in for the German capital circa 1946.

Kitsch stars as Max McLaughlin, a Brooklyn cop who travels to Berlin to help set up a police force in the immediate aftermath of WWII. German actor Sebastian Koch (Never Look Away, The Lives of Others; Homeland) will play his main rival, “Englemacher” Gladow, a criminal underworld boss who has taken control of the city following the war.

But Max also undertakes a secret mission to find his brother Mortiz, played by Marshall-Green, an American soldier missing in action who has been secretly tracking and killing Nazis in post-WWII Berlin.

Michael C. Hall plays a character named Tom Franklin, though no further details were given about his role. Shadowplay will also star Nina Hoss (Phoenix, A Most Wanted Man) and Tuppence Middleton (Sense8, The Imitation Game) in featured parts.

Shadowplay’s initial 8-episode shoot will get underway in Prague from April 29, with an additional 8 episodes to be filmed in the Czech capital in 2020.

In Prague, filming for Shadowplay is expected to take place in studio and other locations in and around the Czech capital.

Location shooting is also scheduled to take place in other cities around the Czech Republic, including Karlovy Vary and Cheb.

“For me as a writer, Berlin in 1946, a lawless city with no order, is the ultimate arena to tell a story of strong but broken people trying to mend,” said Mårlind, who will direct all eight episodes of the upcoming shoot in Prague from a script co-written with longtime collaborator Stein.

“To seek peace where there is still war. To find trust where there is no loyalty. To find love, because that is all.”

Mårlind and Stein’s highly-acclaimed series The Bridge, which has found fans not just in Scandinavia but across the world, wrapped its fourth and final season last year. The duo also co-created the Swedish-French drama Midnight Sun, and directed 2012’s horror sequel Underworld Awakening; coincidentally, the subsequent film in that series, 2016’s Underworld: Blood Wars, was also shot in Prague.

Produced by Studiocanal, Shadowplay is part of a lineup big-budget European TV series on their upcoming slate that also includes a new adaptation of War of the Worlds starring Rafe Spall, ZeroZeroZero, an Italian drug smuggling drama with Andrea Riseborough, Dane Dehaan, Gabriel Byrne, and the BBC political drama Years and Years, starring Emma Thompson.
https://www.praguereporter.com/home/...play-in-prague
Closed Thread   Post New Thread