Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm sure it's beautiful.

I wondered, if US residents could sign up for the streaming service it will be shown on. I don't think that's an option. But if we do run into a situation where it's airing months prior over there and it's not here yet I'm going to pirate the **** out of this. No shame. It's not like I wouldn't be the first to sign up for it here or buy it or whatever. Don't withhold Taylor from me.

I'm also kind of curious how this will be promoted. Will he be doing promo over in Europe? It's a different experience.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I had to pirate Waco, or I'd still be waiting to watch it!

European promo. . . Oh yes please!
Old 04-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind that this seemed like an odd move for him with an overseas project like this. We know it's not a situation where he's not in demand, and we know how, admittedly, picky he is.

He might be ahead of the TV curve, the announcement of the series was apparently a huge deal at MIPTV in Cannes yesterday.

The entire article is at the link...but the portion that talks about Taylor's series:

Quote:
Disney+, Apple TV Moves Shake Up International TV Industry

“There is definitely this trend of studios going direct-to-consumer and I don't see it coming to a stop anytime soon,” says Alexander Bastin, SVP and head of Viaplay, a major Scandinavian SVOD service. “To compete, everyone in Europe is scaling up their efforts to produce their own content and joining forces to do so.

Viaplay's parent company NENT Group partnered with French pay-TV group CanalPlus, German public broadcaster ZDF and Canadian producer BRON Studios on the historical thriller series Shadowplay, one of the biggest announcements of the MIPTV market. Taylor Kitsch, Logan Marshall-Green and Michael C. Hall will star in the series, from The Bridge and Midnight Sun creator Mans Marlind. NPO in the Netherlands and CanalPlus in Poland are also on board the project, which is set to start shooting next year.

High-end production made in Europe, and not in the USA, was everywhere at MIPTV this year. Alan Taylor, an Emmy-winning director of such series as The Sopranos and Game of Thrones, signed on to helm the international series The Swarm, based on the best-selling environmental thriller of the same name by German author Frank Schatzing. Like Shadowplay, it was commissioned by Germany's ZDF, part of the channel's push into big-budget English-language series.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...v-2019-1201603
Old 04-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Loyal Fan

So it's the same writer as the Bridge? I didn't watch it but I know it's kind of a big deal. I haven't read all the articles yet so I don't know when/on what platform it will air. I just hope I can watch it!
Old 04-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's primary release will be on Viaplay? It seems. I'm sure as the release gets closer they will have distributors in other countries and you'd think it would be a big deal here in the US but who knows. This is all new for me.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The upside to a delayed release here is that we should get all the episodes at once.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They'll find a network for it even if it's like Sundance but unless it's on Netflix, it should probably be a week to week series release, even here, which stinks.

I hope it will take the path of series' like Killing Eve, The Night Manager, Discovery of Witches...these are all series that aired overseas first and then landed on AMC months later. Killing Eve became popular enough that while it's airing on BBC it's simultaneously airing on AMC live in the US for the second season.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The guy that plays Taylor's brother in the show just publicly got roasted a few days ago by his wife for cheating on her with their daughter's ballet teacher. She filed for divorce. He is also the guy that I always think is Tom Hardy.
Wow! I've always really liked him! That's disappointing. All I knew about his personal life was that he used to date Marisa Tomei.

I've never been off the continent of North America. I love Russian history and would actually love to go there, but my dream destination is Easter Island. I'm too afraid to fly though!

Prague looks beautiful, so he'll probably enjoy photographing it. Though his IG suggests he's much more interested in nature photography than architecture and the like.

AMC was the first network I thought of. It's aired a lot of foreign series. Starz is another possibility. The series doesn't scream Netflix to me, though now there's also Apple TV+ and Disney+ so the competition for content may get crazy. So it very well might land on a streaming platform here.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

AMC, Sundance, Starz, IFC. I could see any of those being an option for this. Or, it was mentioned in one of the articles released the other day that one of their other shows is on Hulu. I don't know about Netflix because I think I read that is Viaplay's top competitor.

I'm sure if he has some time off he'll hop on a motorcycle and travel around a bit.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Why am I weary that this won't get a big showing or find a good home? It sounds like a great show to me though, right up my alley.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You are not alone in feeling that way. I feel like this might just be quietly dropped on a streaming network here and that’s that.

I feel like I’ve finally accepted that it’s more about the material and the work for him and the mainstream projects just aren’t his thing. I don’t think he wants that level of celebrity.

But he does still have that HBO series in development. I’m hoping that it might be a fall shoot for that, where he goes right from one to the other. That would be great and probably wishful thinking but then we’d have two Taylor TV projects in 2020 airing.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I feel like I’ve finally accepted that it’s more about the material and the work for him and the mainstream projects just aren’t his thing. I don’t think he wants that level of celebrity.
I agree. I have thought that for awhile now, and he keeps confirming it.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like he'll just keep plodding along doing what he wants to do and eventually something is going to hit really big. But I feel like if that was the case he'd be thrilled and deal with whatever attention came with it. But if he had to deal with the attention for something that he sold himself out for, I feel like he'd resent it so hard.

I'm fine with him taking supporting movie roles and lead tv roles. I just wish he'd do more so we can see him more often.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I feel like he'll just keep plodding along doing what he wants to do and eventually something is going to hit really big.
Or not. And that would be okay too.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It would be totally fine if he just keeps going like he's going, but I feel like he's too good to not at some point get that recognition. He had a sniff of it with Waco but not the right network behind it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread