Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2023, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Does Texas still have its filming incentives? I feel like those ended or maybe I'm misremembering. I think NM might be a more likely location.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 10:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I don’t know about Texas but New Mexico seems to be a filming hotspot nowadays. Minka’s been pretty quiet on SM lately but hopefully she shares a little once they start filming.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This gives me more soap opera Western vibes maybe geared more towards women? I've never watched Virgin River but I always got soap opera vibes from that too.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

I like Josh Duhamal. Hopefully this is good because I really struggled with Virgin River.... too soap opera for me.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Netflix has this subset of very soapy binge worthy shows like Virgin River that I can just not get into. There's a new one that I saw the preview for where some girl moves to a home out west with a bunch of boys in the family...looks very angsty-teen drama.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I can’t do anything teen angsty either. I’ve had friends recommend Virgin River to me but it just doesn’t look appealing to me.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hopefully it's less angsty since they're an older couple...I mean not like a teen couple.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh, I found the answer to where it's filming. It's filming in New Mexico, the same casting agency that they used for American Primeval is casting for Minka's show.
Old 12-15-2023, 07:58 AM
Passionate Fan

That’s Minka’s old stomping grounds. I can’t imagine she doesn’t share a little bit since she will be close to old family and friends.

New Mexico seems to be where everything gets filmed anymore. Doesn’t Netflix have a studio or offices there?
Old 12-15-2023, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think Netflix did put a studio there but NM has filming incentives so it's one of the hot spots similarly to Georgia. Like fifteen years ago Michigan had filming incentives, they were starting to put up more permanent studios here to film and then the incentives were dropped and that was that. My brother was an extra in a few movies while that was going on here. Studios are going to go where they can get the most tax credits.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Does Texas still have its filming incentives? I feel like those ended or maybe I'm misremembering. I think NM might be a more likely location.
Texas doesn’t have incentives like we used to. There’s a campaign to bring them back.

I like virgin river. It’s super slow. Like one character has been pregnant for 3-4 seasons now. I think in five seasons, we’ve spanned 12 months. I like the actors in it. One is from this is us and the other lead is from Grey’s.

I watched my life with the Walter boys. I liked it. Yes, teen/young adult. It has two actors from heartland. The main character loses her parents and older sister in an accident. She moves from NYC to a small town in Colorado. Her guardian was her mom’s BFF and she has 10 kids…nine are boys. 2 are nephews bc dad is in the military overseas. It’s about her adjusting to her new life and living there. It’s not super angsty.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Netflix is building a studio right near my school in New Jersey. It's an old army base. Will the area be crawling with celebrities????

Last December, Netflix announced they will pay $55 million to buy 292 acres at Fort Monmouth. Netflix plans to construct one of their biggest film studios in the world there, including 12 soundstages, rivaling their current 300-acre production facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Old 12-17-2023, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They built a studio where the Lions old stadium was and that's not that far from me (it's now an Amazon warehouse). Michelle Williams talked about her time where she lived near me. She was here in the Detroit area long enough that her daughter was enrolled in school here.

I'd say you'll see more celebrities. I ran into Jennifer Garner at a market nearby while she was here with Ben while he was filming Batman v. Superman. And Henry Cavill was always around but I never actually saw him personally but he always went to a breakfast spot I love.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Minka's revelations named one of the top 2023 Memoir bombshells.

Quote:
Minka Kelly’s Heartbreaking Childhood
In May, Kelly detailed her difficult upbringing in Tell Me Everything, which recounted the time she spent living in the storage room of an apartment building after her mother could no longer afford the rent. Kelly also said her mom — who died in 2008 after battling cancer — took her to work with her at a strip club when she was 7, did drugs in front of her and left her with friends for lengthy periods of time.

Additionally, Kelly revealed that she briefly dated Friday Night Lights costar Taylor Kitsch. “We fell in lust fast and hard. I would have told you back then that we were madly in love. Mad, yes. But love it was not. We were infatuated with each other. I had no idea how to give or receive love back then,” she wrote. “I loved being with him. It’s just that the good only lasted so long before our incompatibility reared its ugly head. We ended up getting back together and breaking up more times than I can count.”
https://www.aol.com/biggest-celeb-me...230215740.html
Old 12-30-2023, 08:18 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m so glad she’s getting the recognition for telling her story. She was painfully honest about her childhood and the effect it had on her. I think her comments on Taylor are in line with what she wrote about past relationships but if you haven’t read the book then it might seem like she’s bashing him.
Reply   Post New Thread