Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2023, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Is it equivalent to Michael Scott going to New York City to get his favorite authentic NY pizza slice from...Sbarro?
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Is it equivalent to Michael Scott going to New York City to get his favorite authentic NY pizza slice from...Sbarro?
Almost. I mean, it is very touristy. Is there worse BBQ? Sure. This is nothing special. The wait is long and the food is meh. I suppose if you're not well versed in BBQ, this would pass as good. The property is pretty and I appreciate it's a family business. They just don't have to try anymore bc so many ppl know about them. They have been on a ton of food shows, so ppl show up.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Sbarro is food court pizza there’s nothing authentic about it.

Colorado doesn’t have great bbq but we do have a local place that is amazing. We’ve tried others but always come back to this particular place. Not all bbq places are equal and I usually find the hole in the wall places to be the best.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
Sbarro is food court pizza there’s nothing authentic about it.

Colorado doesn’t have great bbq but we do have a local place that is amazing. We’ve tried others but always come back to this particular place. Not all bbq places are equal and I usually find the hole in the wall places to be the best.
Oh yeah, I know Sbarro is mall pizza, but that's the joke. Michael is having his big day in New York and jokes he's going to get an authentic New York slice while in the city and it's Sbarro.

But this Salt Lick place kind of sounds like a local place we have here. It has a long reputation of being the best and out of towners will make a point to go there. It's called Slows BBQ. But over the years there are better BBQ places here in the area, that's just the one that people always recommend because of the long reputation it has.
Old 09-14-2023, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
But this Salt Lick place kind of sounds like a local place we have here. It has a long reputation of being the best and out of towners will make a point to go there. It's called Slows BBQ. But over the years there are better BBQ places here in the area, that's just the one that people always recommend because of the long reputation it has.
Yes. Pretty much this. They've been in business since 1967.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I've been saying this has been the longest I've gone without a rewatch of it, maybe a few years even. So I might have to do the rewatch...
Man, it's been so long since I rewatched FNL. I'm back to being off Sundays and Monday evenings (for now). If you do get around to planning a board rewatch, I'd love to join in.

Kayla, what do real Texans think of Stubbs? It's probably been discussed here before but I missed it or don't recall. I went there when I visited Austin years ago. The sauce has been sold here in the Cleveland area for several years now.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Unfortunately its been really hard to do get any type of rewatch going on here for anything.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If the board isn't acting up I'd be down for an FNL rewatch. My weeks have been crazy but I'm hoping they might slow down a little bit soon.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I would love to do a rewatch.
Old 09-17-2023, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Me too! If I can watch, I will. I miss Tim.
Old 09-30-2023, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Im catching up with my podcasts. I usually listen while I am driving, and since I haven't been many places since my accident, I am way backed up. I caught up on my 90210 podcasts, and now catching up on my Crown Jewels one about the royal family. But their last one was August 31st and they aren't doing any more. Plus my Gen X one stopped as well. I need to find some new ones to listen to. I don't think I am going to catch up on the FNL ones. I know they had stopped for awhile but quite frankly I think they are boring. Anyone good been on with either one of them lately?
Old 09-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think Derek and Stacey are still paused. I never got into the other one. I usually listen when I’m crafting, I was a few episodes behind.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Passionate Fan

I don’t have time to listen to any podcasts but wish I did. I catch clips from Scott & Zach’s podcast occasionally but they aren’t allowed to discuss FNL right now so I’m sure it’s just filler content. Does the platform that you listen on suggest ones that may interest you?
Old 10-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
I don’t have time to listen to any podcasts but wish I did. I catch clips from Scott & Zach’s podcast occasionally but they aren’t allowed to discuss FNL right now so I’m sure it’s just filler content. Does the platform that you listen on suggest ones that may interest you?
You know what's weird is the 90210 podcast is fully talking about the episodes. They did say something about having a certain person from the show on because they are not part of SAG and could talk. But Tori and Jenni are SAG so I don't understand.
Old 10-01-2023, 07:23 PM
Passionate Fan

That doesn’t make sense to me either. I thought the rule was that a SAG member couldn’t talk about any past work or future projects during the strike.
Reply   Post New Thread