Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2023, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

I knew I was going to love Matt Lauria. Loved how he talked about Taylor.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

FNL is listed under "retro tv" on Netflix...help!

But actually, it'll be the 20 year anniversary of the start of FNL in 3 years, which is insane.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
FNL is listed under "retro tv" on Netflix...help!

But actually, it'll be the 20 year anniversary of the start of FNL in 3 years, which is insane.
Retro!?! I’m dead.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Retro & FNL do not belong in the same sentence!!
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
Retro & FNL do not belong in the same sentence!!
It's not THAT old!
Old 11-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah, it's not. It's been off the air for 12 years. I wouldn't count anything that's been on the air in the 2000s as retro.

To me, a sitcom I grew up with that's maybe starting to feel retro is Seinfeld and even that's pushing it.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Anything in the 70’s/80’s would feel retro to me and that pains me greatly to say that being a child of the 80’s.

I wouldn’t consider Seinfeld, Friends or FNL retro but maybe dated with their references and anything shown in regard to technology. If you’re a younger fan just discovering the series you might find it retro because of those things it again anything in the 2000’s isn’t that old.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The only thing that really dates FNL is kind of the music, that's about it. Or pop culture references. Smash makes a Paris Hilton reference and it always reminds me how long ago the season aired.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think 80s sitcoms could be considered retro…and that hurts to say.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah I would say some 80s sitcoms are retro, like Saved by the Bell is retro to me.

Anyway, I keep saying I'm going to go back and watch and I am. I know as soon as I hop into the rewatch I'll run through it pretty fast.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Minka posted that she’s starring in a limited series with Josh Duhamel on Netflix.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Good for Minka. It's been awhile since she's been on a series.

Old 12-07-2023, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Good for Minka. It's been awhile since she's been on a series.

Western series…ranch families…sounds like cashing in on Yellowstone. I’m down for it. I wonder where it filmed.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sounds like it hasn't filmed yet.

Quote:
‘Ransom Canyon’: Josh Duhamel & Minka Kelly To Star In Romantic Drama Series Ordered By Netflix

Netflix is expanding its romance TV brand from the California Redwoods setting of Virgin River to Texas Hill Country with Ransom Canyon, a new drama series headlined by Josh Duhamel (Transformers, Love, Simon) and Minka Kelly (Euphoria, Friday Night Lights).

Like hit Virgin River, an adaptation of Robyn Carr’s novels, the new series, from writer, creator and executive producer April Blair (Wednesday, All American), is based on a contemporary romance book series, Jodi Thomas’ Ransom Canyon.

Also following the blueprint of Virgin River, headlined by Martin Henderson and Alexandra Breckenridge, Ransom Canyon has a duo of well known TV stars with fan following as its romantic leads in Duhamel and Kelly.

“It’s a multi-generational family show set on a ranch, and we say it’s Virgin River meets Yellowstone,” Jinny Howe, Netflix’s Head of Drama, Development, told Deadline in August 2022 about Ransom Canyon, a romance-fueled family drama and contemporary western saga that charts the intersecting lives of three ranching families, all set against the rugged expanse of Texas Hill Country.

In addition to satisfying viewers’ appetite for romance, Ransom Canyon is looking to capitalize on the resurgence of the Western genre on TV fueled by Taylor Sheridan’s ever expanding Yellowstone universe.

“It’s a contemporary Western romance show, just looking for more in this comfort romance space,” Howe added in the 2022 interview. “We think that it’s going to deliver on all the romance and again it will be a really beautiful vista and setting, very escapist.”

At the time, Ransom Canyon was still in early stages of development but Netflix brass were already high on it, with Howe telling Deadline, “we’re very excited about it; it feels very promising.”

By spring 2023, Ransom Canyon had a blinking green light contingent on casting the leads. Duhamel was in negotiations when the SAG-AFTRA strike started in July, hitting pause on the talks.

Then on Nov. 1, just days before the end of the actors work stoppage, Duhamel was announced at AFM as a star of Off The Grid, an indie feature set to start filming in January with an interim SAG-AFTRA agreement.

Netflix had to sort out the actor’s availability when talks resumed following the end of the strike. All worked out, and he and Kelly were tapped for the leads of Ransom Canyon.

In another parallel to Virgin River, Duhamel plays a local business owner and Kelly is a city woman coming to live in the small community.

Duhamel’s Staten Kirkland is the owner and sole occupant of the sprawling Double K Ranch. Steadfast and stoic, Staten leads the charge to resist outside forces threatening his way of life and the land that he loves.

Kelly’s Quinn has often found herself in the shadow of others, but after a stint in New York pursuing her career as a concert pianist, she has returned to Ransom Canyon to carve out a new path for herself.

Netflix has ordered 10 episodes for Ransom Canyon; the first two will be directed by Amanda Marsalis (Ozark, Umbrella Academy). Dan Angel also executive produces.
https://deadline.com/2023/12/josh-du...es-1235651875/
Old 12-08-2023, 11:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m happy for her landing a limited series. She did an amazing job sharing her story and I think it gave her some credibility beyond just being an actress.

I’m kind of bleh on Josh Duhamel but I think they’ll have great chemistry and look great together on screen.

The setting being in Texas hill country maybe they will actually shoot it there or possibly Arizona, New Mexico or Southern California.
Reply   Post New Thread