Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You can buy it through amazon or watch it in youtube video. I just can't see them not releasing it on DVD, but who knows.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

STILL waiting on ATX Festival to upload the Waco panel. I can't imagine there are many more that they haven't uploaded yet. Not sure what the hold up is.

I can't believe this was two months ago.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I saw they posted a lot of panels, but Waco wasn’t one of them. I’ll email and ask.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They're still uploading a few a week. They posted one a few days ago. They're just dragging their feet.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I actually don't think that it's either on Demand or on the Paramount App, or at least my TV provider doesn't allow me to watch it either way.

Quote:
Waco

Emmy Nominations: Three including Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie - John Leguizamo
Key Episodes: “The Strangers Across the Street” and “Operation Showtime”
Where to Watch: Paramount Network app, Paramount Network on Demand

Based on real-life events, Waco tells the story of David Koresh (Taylor Kitsch), the controversial leader of the Branch Davidians who, along with 75 of his followers, perished in a deadly fire in 1993 following a violent 51-day standoff with the FBI. In the six-part miniseries, John Leguizamo plays undercover ATF agent Jacob Vazquez, who infiltrated the cult, joining the Branch Davidians and unexpectedly connecting with members of the group. While Kitsch was overlooked, Leguizamo’s Emmy nomination came as a genuine surprise due to the fact that he appears in only half the series. Leguizamo pulls off the near-impossible, expertly charting his character’s metamorphosis from a straight-laced fed tasked with a mission to a man sympathetic to the cult’s cause in the span of a handful of scenes. --P.N.
https://www.etonline.com/how-to-watc...-missed-106713
Old 08-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
While Kitsch was overlooked, Leguizamo’s Emmy nomination came as a genuine surprise due to the fact that he appears in only half the series. Leguizamo pulls off the near-impossible, expertly charting his character’s metamorphosis from a straight-laced fed tasked with a mission to a man sympathetic to the cult’s cause in the span of a handful of scenes.
Well said. Glad they are acknowledging that he was overlooked. And I like the way they described Leguzamo's performance because I agree.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Soooo overlooked. I feel so badly for him. He really put himself out there to promote and stump.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Soooo overlooked. I feel so badly for him. He really put himself out there to promote and stump.
I blame Paramount.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I kind of do too, they did very little to back him. It was his team that put on the majority of those panels to get him out there. John did nothing and because the cache his name carries it was enough to carry him in a weaker category.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I blame them too. It still hasn't even aired over here!
Old 08-21-2018, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's crazy to me. I mean I know it's a piece of American history but I can't imagine it's that hard to find a network to distribute it overseas, unless they're looking for a partnership over there and still have found one yet.

Waco was kind of Paramount's guinea pig...I still can't believe we haven't seen a DVD though.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
That's crazy to me. I mean I know it's a piece of American history but I can't imagine it's that hard to find a network to distribute it overseas, unless they're looking for a partnership over there and still have found one yet.

Waco was kind of Paramount's guinea pig...I still can't believe we haven't seen a DVD though.
Yes it's American history, but the whole world (at least the Western world) remembers. Hell I remember and my memory is terrible! I was 13 when it happened. I keep telling people how good it is and that they should watch it. . . But they can't really!
Old 08-22-2018, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I keep thinking they're attempting to get it on Netflix or Hulu or something but who knows.

It would be nice to see it get a second life on a streaming service, because like I said, my TV provider doesn't have paramount on demand so it doesn't work on the app either so if I hadn't bought the Emmy DVD's I'd be out of luck.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Starting the Emmy campaign. You can read the entire interview at the source:

Quote:
Could you describe your experience amongst the series’ stellar ensemble, led by Taylor Kitsch?

Working with Michael Shannon and Taylor Kitsch was incredible. He was so authentic I didn’t even know it wasn’t the real guy. I obviously had much more time with Taylor and Paul Sparks and Andrea Riseborough because I had more scenes with them. We got to spend a lot of the rehearsal process and meals together, and time together, and it was a real good crew of people. And everyone was in character—that was the beautiful thing. We were all in character all the time.
https://deadline.com/2018/08/waco-jo...ws-1202446955/
Old 08-25-2018, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'm definitely surprised there isn't at least any news about a disc release as I'm sure they wouldn't have trouble selling. I can see them doing a deal with Hulu or Netflix.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Waco-Complete...kAAOSwqxZbZzCt

This is close as I've seen to a release but it's just the Emmy promo and occasionally has annoying text at the bottom.