Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2018, 06:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I know! This just makes me angry! From the bits and pieces I've read, the reason a lot of the films that Taylor has made weren't bigger successes is down to the way they were marketed. I don't know if that's accurate or not as I'm coming into this game late, but I've read this quite a bit. Seems like this is another example.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's had some bad luck but that's part of the business too. Most notably recently would be how Only the Brave was marketed. Though that's a tough one to market to begin with, with the wildfires going on here when it was released, but it was blundered. John Carter was a big misstep.

Waco had a big enough audience, I just think it's bad luck that it's on a new network. It puts him at a disadvantage to shows on AMC, FX or HBO that already have that prestige status.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:36 PM
Loyal Fan

John Carter was the main one I read about. Had that been handled well, Taylor would more than likely be a huge star right now. He doesn't seem the type to be in it for the fame Anyway though.

Yeah I get that about Waco. It's a new network etc, but why oh why hasn't it been easily accessible leading up to the Emmys?! Let down once again!

Last edited by ThirtyThree; 06-24-2018 at 01:21 AM
Old 06-23-2018, 04:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Double post

Last edited by ThirtyThree; 06-24-2018 at 01:21 AM
Old 06-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

It's the best thing that ever happened to him. If John Carter had been a success, he would have been roped into 2 more films. He would probably never have been given the wide range of different opportunities that he's had.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
It's the best thing that ever happened to him. If John Carter had been a success, he would have been roped into 2 more films. He would probably never have been given the wide range of different opportunities that he's had.
Oh yeah, I agree, he'd be a very different actor. I bet it didn't feel that way at the time though.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think it was the GQ article where he admitted he wondered if he'd ever work again. I'm sure, at the time it was tough for him to get through, though he did keep working right away and filmed Grand Seduction then Lone Survivor, so I'm sure that helped.

But to get back to the issue of marketing and John Carter. Disney actually handed over complete marketing control to Andrew Stanton. There have been actual studies done on what went wrong with the marketing of that movie and how spectacularly it was mishandled.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I think it was the GQ article where he admitted he wondered if he'd ever work again. I'm sure, at the time it was tough for him to get through, though he did keep working right away and filmed Grand Seduction then Lone Survivor, so I'm sure that helped.

But to get back to the issue of marketing and John Carter. Disney actually handed over complete marketing control to Andrew Stanton. There have been actual studies done on what went wrong with the marketing of that movie and how spectacularly it was mishandled.
I'm not surprised, the amount of money Disney must have lost! At least most people seem to agree that the failure was nothing to do with Taylor. . .
Old 06-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

When you get movies that cost so much to make if they'd don't make half a billion dollars or even a billion dollars world wide they're considered failures. John Carter made $300 million worldwide. Battleship made $300 million worldwide. Savages made $82 million worldwide. Taylor made almost three quarters of a billion dollars at the box office in 2012 and that was considered a bomb...I honestly feel like the fact that a) he wasn't the problem but b) he brought in that much money despite budget is what's given him the grace to have a second shot.

I also feel like after watching the promotion for AA, OTB, and Waco. I much prefer him on TV. The stakes aren't quite as high, it's a more dragged out period of promotion and stumping for the project. I feel like he's better suited for prestige TV in a leading role. Having him take on a leading role in a big blockbuster movie again would make me really really nervous.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

91 photos from the Waco panel, not all of Taylor but a lot of Taylor. Here are a few:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thegee...h/41201347970/

Old 06-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I love the first photo
Old 06-26-2018, 10:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I know! It's frustrating. Waco isn't available anywhere to stream free or watch freely. You'd think Paramount Network would want to give it a little bit of a push and put it on demand or have a marathon this week or last. The only place to watch it currently that I can tell is purchasing it to stream on Amazon, or you can maybe have access to it if your provider allows you to stream the Paramount network website.

Rachel is just sneakily in a lot of my favorite movies. Mean Girls, Wedding Crashers, The Family Stone, and Morning Glory. She's a lot like Taylor in that she shuns the Hollywood spotlight and doesn't take the big blockbuster role just to take it (she passed up the lead in The Devil Wears Prada), lives in Toronto, generally speaking stays out of the tabloids. She just had a baby and marooned herself in Atlanta and some random person managed to get a pic of her with the baby otherwise I'm still not sure anyone would know for sure she was pregnant.
Wait. WHAT?!? Rachel had a baby?!? Is the dad the boyfriend she was seen with at the wedding and out sheet-shopping with? I don't recall his name.

I hate to be the negative one, but I think Waco as a whole just wasn't that good. And the politics turned people off. I think he could still nab a nomination, though. But he'd probably be the only one. There's just too much good TV now and still only 5 slots.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She did have a baby a few months ago. I don't think she's talked about it. Like I mentioned that one fan just randomly got her out with the baby and really that was the confirmation. She did press shortly after for Disobedience but I don't know if she really mentioned it.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Emmy nominations are announced a week from today!
Old 07-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Emmy nominations are announced a week from today!
Fingers crossed!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread