Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I thought that the Emmy DVD would just be a holdover until Paramount released it, but I'm glad I bought the Emmy DVD, just in case they don't release it.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So apparently Waco is streaming on the website and through the app. I haven't checked, but this is the first time i've seen Paramount mention Waco in awhile.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

hmmm... Do you have to have a cable provider to use those?
Old 08-28-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Usually you do with an app, yes. They'll ask you to choose your provider and then prove you're a subscriber by signing in with your username and password. I didn't try it in this case, though. Maybe Paramount is different or there's a free portion on the site/app.

Addendum: I just tried it on the site, and you do have to sign in. I'm assuming it's true for the app too.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 08-28-2018 at 10:00 PM
Old 08-29-2018, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I signed up for the app previously but I think that if your cable provider doesn't provide Paramount through their app then you need to pay for it. I remember reading something that Paramount was still attempting to broker deals with a lot of providers to get their channel through various apps, Xfinity/Comcast was one they hadn't reached a deal with yet, at that point. I don't know if that's changed in the last six months.

Now that I'm going to be home this weekend maybe I'll check it out and see if it works. Maybe it'll work through Roku.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don’t have a cable provider. We have Hulu live.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

I got tired of waiting it and just bought the season on Amazon Prime.

Just a change in opinion after a rewatch: one of my initial complaints was that they made David too sympathetic but watching again it happens slowly but they do make David into a frustrating prick and the undertones of his creepiness with the younger aged women (Michelle) is very evident
Old 08-30-2018, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I got tired of waiting it and just bought the season on Amazon Prime.

Just a change in opinion after a rewatch: one of my initial complaints was that they made David too sympathetic but watching again it happens slowly but they do make David into a frustrating prick and the undertones of his creepiness with the younger aged women (Michelle) is very evident
Interesting. I keep meaning to rewatch but I have too many other things to finish watching first!
Old 08-30-2018, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I don’t have a cable provider. We have Hulu live.
How does that work? I don't understand a lot of it. I want to get rid of my cable BUT I do enjoy my cable channels that play random reruns like 90210 or Threes Company. But I guess you can just stream those. I don't know which to get though. What are my options?

*I must have Bravo and MTV (Teen Mom). lol

Last edited by elherts; 08-30-2018 at 02:58 PM
Old 08-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Depends on how you package your Hulu account. I paid extra for HBO/Cinemax but most other channels come with the basic Hulu account I believe
Old 08-30-2018, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hulu even has an option for some local sports stations, like FoxSports Detroit or I'm sure any local FoxSports channel is now something you can stream on Hulu too. That is truly what's been holding me back from completely cutting the cable cord. I don't want to have to figure out how to track down games or risk not being able to see them.

There is a part of me that likes randomly flipping through channels to see what's on.

I need to rewatch Waco really soon. I do wonder if, like you said, I'd have a different reaction to how he's portrayed all in one watch in a short period of time.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

I didn't even think of that. I get FOX Philly here and can watch the Eagles. I am going to have to investigate this further.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I didn't even think of that. I get FOX Philly here and can watch the Eagles. I am going to have to investigate this further.
https://www.hulu.com/live-tv

This might help I tried explaining it a little but ended up blabbing Figured that would lay it out best

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Hulu even has an option for some local sports stations, like FoxSports Detroit or I'm sure any local FoxSports channel is now something you can stream on Hulu too. That is truly what's been holding me back from completely cutting the cable cord. I don't want to have to figure out how to track down games or risk not being able to see them.

There is a part of me that likes randomly flipping through channels to see what's on.

I need to rewatch Waco really soon. I do wonder if, like you said, I'd have a different reaction to how he's portrayed all in one watch in a short period of time.
You should! I definitely had new feelings and thoughts that changed upon a re-watch
Old 08-30-2018, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)

This might help I tried explaining it a little but ended up blabbing Figured that would lay it out best

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2018, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

90210 is on Hulu.

Live has some cable channels. More than we watch to be honest. You can record live tv like with a dvr.

So far, we like it. I upgraded so we can watch football.