Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2020, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah, that interview with some studio heads that I watched to see if they'd mention anything about potentially when things would restart, it did not sound promising for the US, that productions out of the states had even restarted but the US is really ****ing this whole thing up.

They did say it was kind of business as usual for the writers, producers, there is so much that can be done remotely for pre production, but obviously after that when you have to put the project into motion, that's all on hold.

But I mean it's not encouraging that even the MLB, the Canadian government is not allowing the Blue Jays to play in Canada, they're not allowing American teams in to play, so they have to play in the US.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Yeah, that interview with some studio heads that I watched to see if they'd mention anything about potentially when things would restart, it did not sound promising for the US, that productions out of the states had even restarted but the US is really ****ing this whole thing up.

They did say it was kind of business as usual for the writers, producers, there is so much that can be done remotely for pre production, but obviously after that when you have to put the project into motion, that's all on hold.

But I mean it's not encouraging that even the MLB, the Canadian government is not allowing the Blue Jays to play in Canada, they're not allowing American teams in to play, so they have to play in the US.
Wow!
Old 07-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It does seem like any casting call that is going out through the New Mexico agency is for late August/early September. So maybe that is the start date they're hoping for/aiming for but obviously still can't commit to.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
It does seem like any casting call that is going out through the New Mexico agency is for late August/early September. So maybe that is the start date they're hoping for/aiming for but obviously still can't commit to.
How long do we think it’ll take to film? 60-90 days? Or is that too long?
Old 07-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Just thinking to the past few movies he's done. Only the Brave took about three months. American Assassin almost four months, but they did multiple countries/locations. 21 Bridges took the least amount of time and was about a two month shoot.

On average I'd say that the normal movie shoot is about three months, with a week off here and there.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

I wonder if COVID will make the executives in the industry try to speed up filming (ie cut down production costs in order to pay for extra insurance). I'm sure that would put a crimp in the creatives' style.
DaisyGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
I wonder if COVID will make the executives in the industry try to speed up filming (ie cut down production costs in order to pay for extra insurance). I'm sure that would put a crimp in the creatives' style.
COVID could change how they film forever.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think there will definitely be an effort to do as much as you can in post production/digitally too. And also get in and out of a shoot as quick as possible. It'll be a sprint rather than a marathon.

You know what we night be in store for moving forward in the short term, a lot more animated series' and movies. They're relatively low risk. Have someone record their voice work in a closed in booth with a sound mixer/producer on he other side of a window. Seems the safest way right now, honestly.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I think there will definitely be an effort to do as much as you can in post production/digitally too. And also get in and out of a shoot as quick as possible. It'll be a sprint rather than a marathon.

You know what we night be in store for moving forward in the short term, a lot more animated series' and movies. They're relatively low risk. Have someone record their voice work in a closed in booth with a sound mixer/producer on he other side of a window. Seems the safest way right now, honestly.
Derek Phillips posted that he was back in the booth today! That's encouraging.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:42 PM
Loyal Fan

A few announcements today about films being delayed for another year ... Top Gun being one. I also read that they are going to release the new Bill n Ted film (which was supposed to be a summer hit) on-demand in September. I really hate this ....
Old 07-24-2020, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's going to be really really boring for awhile. I'm not looking forward to it.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
A few announcements today about films being delayed for another year ... Top Gun being one. I also read that they are going to release the new Bill n Ted film (which was supposed to be a summer hit) on-demand in September. I really hate this ....
That's the wrong direction! NO!
Old 07-26-2020, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Derek Phillips posted that he was back in the booth today! That's encouraging.
What does that mean?
Old 07-26-2020, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think he's in some video game? And he was doing voice work for it. He posted an instagram in the sound booth doing some voice work.

So, there was a casting agency out of Vancouver congratulating one of their talent for landing a very cool Neill Blomkamp directed role. But I'm suspicious it might be the short he's filming since she's located in Vancouver. Who knows.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Knowing that Neil is currently shooting a short makes me a little suspicious that Inferno isn't happening anytime soon. I think we were bouncing around the idea that late August, early September might be the time when they were starting (which would work date-wise) but would Neil really be working on a short so soon before starting principle photography on a major film??? I don't know ... I think my general pessimism about the status of the film industry is jading my opinion. Everything is just dead...
Reply   Post New Thread