Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2020, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
Knowing that Neil is currently shooting a short makes me a little suspicious that Inferno isn't happening anytime soon. I think we were bouncing around the idea that late August, early September might be the time when they were starting (which would work date-wise) but would Neil really be working on a short so soon before starting principle photography on a major film??? I don't know ... I think my general pessimism about the status of the film industry is jading my opinion. Everything is just dead...
I have no idea. How long does it take to film a short?

Kiki, I think it's a video game too. I *think* he mentioned it on the ATX TV Festival zoom call.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The only thing that had me encouraged that they might be back in pre-production for Inferno was its appearance in Production Weekly. The last time it appeared in there was right around the time it started pre-production before the lockdown.

So part of me hopes that these casting mentions are for Inferno.

A short, a 30 minute film...a few days. A week maybe. Taylor's shoot for 'The Dig' was done in a matter of a few days.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A short could be good use of his time while he waits for the green light to Inferno.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Just thought I'd direct you all to Peter Berg's Instagram stories where he rants about how Hollywood won't go back to work ... its funny (but not) as the level of frustration that talent has right now is very real. Industry executives are working ... not talent. This is also something I could imagine Taylor venting about (although I admit I might be projecting).
DaisyGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh yeah, I saw Pete's stories last night while sitting in traffic and his frustration with everyone being back to work, but that the film industry has to jump through crazy hoops to make it happen.

On a side note, it makes me a little worried for Inferno's schedule just based on how strict the New Mexico governor is with her restrictions. Not that I disagree with them, but it might be really tough to get the go ahead.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
oh yeah, i saw pete's stories last night while sitting in traffic and his frustration with everyone being back to work, but that the film industry has to jump through crazy hoops to make it happen.

On a side note, it makes me a little worried for inferno's schedule just based on how strict the new mexico governor is with her restrictions. Not that i disagree with them, but it might be really tough to get the go ahead.
boo!
Old 07-31-2020, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Realistically, he'd have a much better shot at starting to film something (Shadowplay season 2?) if it were happening out of the country.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Realistically, he'd have a much better shot at starting to film something (Shadowplay season 2?) if it were happening out of the country.
Since he’s Canadian, he can probably travel more easily anyway.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think it has more to do with what country he'd be traveling from than his citizenship at this point. Nobody wants to see anyone coming into their country who is coming from the US right now.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I think it has more to do with what country he'd be traveling from than his citizenship at this point. Nobody wants to see anyone coming into their country who is coming from the US right now.
He could always fly out of Canada, I guess. Since he's Canadian, they will let him in. My cousin in law is English and she just went to England, two weeks ago. She left flew out from the US. They let her in bc she's a GB citizen. So... maybe he'd be okay?
Old 08-02-2020, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think he'd just have to plan ahead. Flying or entering Canada from the US right now requires a 14 day quarantine. Some countries are stricter than others about traveling in and out. I followed the saga of an Australia citizen flying back home from the US and having to be in a supervised quarantine in a hotel for 14 days before she tested negative twice and was let go to quarantine another two weeks at home.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

I saw something similar of a person traveling to Hong Kong. They had to wear a bracelet to make sure they were quarantining. They also stayed in a hotel at first, paid by the government, until their test came back. Must be why other countries are crushing this virus and we are not.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

SO many reasons we're falling flat on our face here in the US with this disease and our ability to quarantine people who are carriers is absolutely one of them. The fact that the federal government punted this to the governors from each state and each state has different restrictions, etc. People traveling in between states and different mask policies, it's a complete cluster ****. So here in Michigan we were containing it, after the 4th we've jumped cases a bit and up north Michigan which is a big tourist attraction in the summer has had to be pushed back a phase to close bars because out of staters and southern Michigan people are infecting people up there.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If they can still film in NM, it's a moot point. He has to be so bored being at home.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Our governor just pulled back on some restrictions too. This is so insane. I saw Italy and Spain had O new cases yesterday. We had 48,000. Apparently Trump was on an HBO interview and made a buffoon of himself. I can't even bring myself to watch it.
Reply   Post New Thread