Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2021, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I skimmed through most of Joe Rogan's podcast with Neill today, lord help me, and it definitely does not sound like 'Inferno' is what he hopes to do next. He spoke about the project he's been writing/thinking on for about a year that he hopes to do next which would not be 'Inferno'. I hate to think it might be something that gets shelved...

I don't know that Neill's current movie and it's reviews would urge a studio to get him on a set anytime soon either. Yikes.
That does not sound encouraging.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

An interview done with Neill in the last few weeks, a little more specific about 'Inferno' and a direct quote about it which we love to see.

Quote:
What’s next for such an insightful director? He’s got a lot of balls in the air — he couldn’t say anything about the growing possibility of District 10 and didn’t want to comment on the Alien rumors — but there may be life in one project still.

In October 2019, Blomkamp was announced as the director of an upcoming sci-fi thriller entitled Inferno. The film would star Friday Night Lights actor Taylor Kitsch as a cop called in to investigate a murder in the New Mexico desert, a murder that could have supernatural consequences.

Like so many films announced in late 2019, it appeared a casualty of pandemic cancellations, but Blomkamp says the project is still in development. “The pandemic slowed it down, but Inferno is still going. I’m stoked about it.”

Though it’s traditional science fiction, Inferno apparently has more in common with Demonic than you may think.

“It’s also got a lot of religious themes,” Blomkamp says. “There are a lot of Gnostic concepts in it.”
https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...erview-demonic
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It’s the little movie that could.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Maybe they have plans to finally get it into production next spring, two years after it was initially supposed to happen.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Maybe they have plans to finally get it into production next spring, two years after it was initially supposed to happen.
We know it's not now. That's all we know.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hope it's not a movie that falls into obscurity.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I hope it's not a movie that falls into obscurity.
I mean…if marketed correctly, it will still live. The director has a following right?
Old 09-08-2021, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He has a huge cult following because of District 9, so he has that built in audience for sure. But most are waiting for District 10, which he mentioned that he'd started writing.
Reply   Post New Thread