Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2019, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Music to my ears...and now I want to hear about casting the rest of this movie.
Me too! I hope he has some input.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If he's in every scene and it's a collaborative effort you'd think that Neill might run some names by him, or he tests with whomever.

I often wonder how often he's asked to test with other actors anymore. I think the last time I remember hearing him talk about testing with another actor was when Oliver brought in Jennifer Lawrence for the part of O and she and Taylor tested together.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:31 PM
New Fan

Well... I think this might just hold my attention more than 21 did. Although I'm not gonna jump to conclusions as I did with 21 either. I just like the sound of being in almost every scene and I guess that answers sort fo why he took on 21? What he said about taking the role of Ray?

I just hope the humanoid beast isn't too awful if it's something we actually see and don't just hear about it or it gets 'seen' out of camera frame. Only thing I'm gonna hope for honestly right now.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Humanoid beast. Conclusions have been drawn.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It can't be worse than the Battleship alien, can it?
Old 11-29-2019, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
It can't be worse than the Battleship alien, can it?
Meh.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:26 PM
New Fan

I guess conclusion isnt really the word I wanna use... I mean I'm just not gonna say "Oh its gonna be so and so" "Oh hes this or that." "Hes with so and so." I mean I'm just gonna let it surprise me.... least until the trailer comes out or more info comes out, Honestly, I agree with A. It can't be any worse can it?
Old 11-30-2019, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalnation (View Post)
I guess conclusion isnt really the word I wanna use... I mean I'm just not gonna say "Oh its gonna be so and so" "Oh hes this or that." "Hes with so and so." I mean I'm just gonna let it surprise me.... least until the trailer comes out or more info comes out, Honestly, I agree with A. It can't be any worse can it?
That remains to be seen... it could be... but since the director is known for sci fi... I’ll say it should definitely be better.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think it will be an actual being that we will see, based on his previous works, I can't see him doing something off screen that is just a presence and not actually shown. Though that's what I'd prefer.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Has anyone seen anything further on the casting for this film? I've been looking but haven't seen anything.

I suppose any news might not come until after the New Year - the entertainment industry does tend to slow down a bit around this time of year...
Old 12-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was just thinking about that today, getting any news or seeing a trailer for Shadowplay before the New Year, but yeah, the industry pretty much shuts down for anything but awards pimping in the next few months.

Though they'll have to get it done, filming is set to begin in March. It's hard to say when we'll get the casting news though, sometimes it's months prior, sometimes it's just weeks.

I keep checking to see if it even has an Imdb page yet and it doesn't. But it has distribution worldwide so it should be happening for sure.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I was just thinking about that today, getting any news or seeing a trailer for Shadowplay before the New Year, but yeah, the industry pretty much shuts down for anything but awards pimping in the next few months.

Though they'll have to get it done, filming is set to begin in March. It's hard to say when we'll get the casting news though, sometimes it's months prior, sometimes it's just weeks.

I keep checking to see if it even has an Imdb page yet and it doesn't. But it has distribution worldwide so it should be happening for sure.
I noticed it missing from IMDB too and wondered why. Worldwide distribution is definitely a plus.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm not really sure who starts the ImDB page and how that all works. Sometimes they seem to show up immediately sometimes they're just not as up to date. I don't really know who is in charge of it.

Get a few more actors attached and I'd guess we'll see one pop up.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It seems like December is busy for everyone. Maybe more casting in January?
Old 12-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's so hard to know, if they have to cast for something in March then I think they're just going to have to cast during the downtime in Hollywood.

I just remember reading some piece on either Vanity Fair or Hollywood Reporter where they talk to agents/managers about how essentially between Thanksgiving and February the industry just kind of comes to a halt.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread