Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2022, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm rooting for the Phillies! I love Verlander but I hate the idea of him winning another World Series away from the Tigers. I'm gonna need him to get back here to finish his career.

That new show on CBS is apparently doing really well, btw.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 08:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Miles Teller has become somewhat of a Phillies icon as of late. He was at all the home playoff games being photographed with many other famous Philly celebs and athletes. He even did a whole Goose piano thing before one of the games to get the crowd going. Usually Bradley Cooper is there too but he most be working because I didn't see him at all. My nephew was at the World Series clinching game. Very exciting.
Isn’t Bradley Cooper shooting a movie right now? I know there were a lot of paparazzi photos of him on set. I would much rather see Bradley than Miles any day of the week.

Go Phillies!!!!
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for rooting for the Phillies ladies. It's 1-1 right now. I come from a sports family but the Phillies are by far part of my strongest childhood memories with my dad. I really hope we win. The city could use it. And it will be the first with my nephew as an adult. He was 5 the last time they won the world series.
Old 10-30-2022, 08:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Growing up in Delaware, we always rooted for the Philly teams. I even had a Philly Fanatic stuffed doll growing up.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 10:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Some news related to the movie.

Cameraman hurt on New Mexico film set gets $66M in lawsuit
The Associated Press
December 28, 2022, 1:06 PM

A Los Angeles cameraman who suffered a spinal cord injury while on a New Mexico movie set has been awarded more than $66 million in a lawsuit, among the largest settlements in the state's history, a news outlet reported.

The Santa Fe New Mexican quoted Jame Razo as saying that the jury's decision Friday was “a huge emotional relief.”

“I can finally begin my healing journey," he said in a phone interview Tuesday, the newspaper reported.

The 55-year-old was a cameraman on the set of “Only the Brave,” a film about elite firefighters starring Josh Brolin and Jeff Bridges, in June 2016. He was driving a mobile camera crane unit, which weighs over 3,000 pounds (1,361 kilograms) when fully loaded, up a steep road on Pajarito Mountain in the Pajarito Ski Area near Los Alamos, when the unit tipped over and fell on him, the newspaper reported.

The full story: Cameraman hurt on New Mexico film set gets $66M in lawsuit
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Yikes. That's a lot of money.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hopefully they had good insurance! That was a small film company that mostly funded that movie too.

It's lucky he survived with a 3,000 pound crane falling on him.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh wow! I didn’t realize there was an injury on that set.
66M seems like a lot, but after legal fees…it won’t be as much. It took 6 years to get that settlement. He’s lost his ability to work. So, what would a lifetime of lost income be? Our cousin is a paraplegic, it’s a lifetime of therapy, aides, and equipment. Spent wisely, it should provide much needed peace of mind to his family.
I hope the production company doesn’t tie it up in court any further.
This case sets a precedent. I wonder if it’ll make productions think twice before filming in NM knowing an accident could cost them dearly.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Wasn’t the “Rust” accident in New Mexico too?

I suppose these things could happen anywhere and are so specific to each set that hopefully the N.M. film crew community won’t be impacted too much. And I’m assuming that film company would have insurance, but would an amount that high even be covered?

I hadn’t heard about this either. I bet there are terrible accidents on sets all the time and we just hear about the most egregious. Some of the stunts and stuff in these movies look so dangerous sometimes. And this was just moving a crane.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Is Rust the Alec Baldwin movie? If so, yes..NM.

It wasn’t too long ago that Stacey and Derek were supporting something related to crews’ pay. I’m sure accidents happen all the time.

I don’t know if 66M was a huge payout or not. It seems like it would be…I dunno. I wonder if it was a jury or judge who awarded that amount? I’d think a jury would go higher than a judge.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Several years ago a camerawoman on the set of the Vampire Diaries was killed in an accident. It happened like two days before the Academy Awards and they were petitioning to get her name in the In Memorial section.
**I just looked it up. She was filming a movie and there was a big campaign to improve a certain safety feature or something related to the type of camera work she did. It's called Safety for Sarah.
Old 01-01-2023, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Several years ago a camerawoman on the set of the Vampire Diaries was killed in an accident. It happened like two days before the Academy Awards and they were petitioning to get her name in the In Memorial section.
**I just looked it up. She was filming a movie and there was a big campaign to improve a certain safety feature or something related to the type of camera work she did. It's called Safety for Sarah.
That’s interesting. I’ll have to ask OM what she knows about accidents on set.
Old 01-02-2023, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
That’s interesting. I’ll have to ask OM what she knows about accidents on set.
Her name was Sarah Jones.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I asked her what she knows about accidents and insurance and whatnot.
She said that insurance is very complicated. There is insurance for many different and specific things on set and for the production. Her professor stressed, overall, never go with the minimum requirement. She did agree that 66M seemed like a higher payout then most. She also said accidents happen all the time. That in general, sets are a very dangerous place to be.
Old 01-15-2023, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That was part of why I think that 'Inferno' didn't move forward, the insurance that the smaller film companies would have to carry during covid to get filming done was astronomical.
Reply   Post New Thread