Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2022, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

I didn't know The Greatest Beer Run Ever was on Apple TV. Darn! I was looking forward to it. It's supposed to be pretty good. It's about a guy who brings beer to his friends in the military overseas... a true story. I thought it was a movie.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Jake is doing well to spread himself out in smaller supporting roles, it gives me Sebastian Stan vibes. Taylor was everywhere in big leading roles fast, others had a slow burn and it worked to their advantage.
I didn’t even know who Jake was until a few years ago & now it seems he is in everything. I think if Taylor worked a little bit more and was more versatile in the roles he chooses that he could attract a wider fan base.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Has anyone checked out the new Hotshot Firefighters show on CBS? I'm not sure it's premiered yet but it looks like it could be good.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 10:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I’ve seen previews but haven’t watched it.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
I’ve seen previews but haven’t watched it.
I have as well. I may have to add it to the list of multiple things I must watch. It's hard when I watch many seasonal shows and to top it off, I have Hulu, Netflix, Peacock, Amazon Prime, etc... It's hard to keep track of what I have where.
Gabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I guess it just premiered on Friday. I did have it on for a few minutes. It might be worth giving it a shot.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

I need to go back and watch OTB again. I liked Taylor's performance. It really shows that he puts all he has into his different roles. I thought the movie spent too much time on Josh/Jennifer's characters and their relationship than need be and didn't really show enough of the other guys' personal lives/relationships. That would have made it more interesting to me and personalized the movie more. I feel if they had done that, people would have left the theater more affected by the ending.
That being said, and I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but one on my favorite parts was toward the end of the movie when they were talking about getting back that evening because Mac was going on his first date with the nurse. I liked the dialog and how he said she "scared" him and the other guy said "that's how you know it's real" or something to that effect. The fact that they never made it back and he never got to go out with her really saddened me.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

OTB is one of my favorite Taylor movies. It's so underrated. I agree it would have been beneficial to show more of the guys personal lives but it's hard to do in a 2 hour movie. I think they did a good job showing the relationship between the guys but the day to day family life and the sacrifices they make wasn't highlighted really more than Josh Brolin's character and his wife, Amanda. The toll it had on their relationship was made crystal clear.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:08 PM
Passionate Fan

We should rewatch this soon. It’s one of my favorites too along with Lone Survivor and Grand Seduction.
Old 10-24-2022, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yes, I'd definitely be in for a rewatch. I haven't seen it for awhile now. I might just stop it when we see Taylor for the last time though, unless I'm in for a good cry.
Old 10-24-2022, 09:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I never watch the ending, it just guts me.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
I never watch the ending, it just guts me.
Agreed. I think if I re-watch this, I'll skip the rest of the movie after Taylor's last scene where he tells the other guy they'll be ok when they have to hunker down. It's too heartbreaking.
Old 10-25-2022, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It just brings you down for the rest of the day.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Miles Teller has become somewhat of a Phillies icon as of late. He was at all the home playoff games being photographed with many other famous Philly celebs and athletes. He even did a whole Goose piano thing before one of the games to get the crowd going. Usually Bradley Cooper is there too but he most be working because I didn't see him at all. My nephew was at the World Series clinching game. Very exciting.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Miles Teller has become somewhat of a Phillies icon as of late. He was at all the home playoff games being photographed with many other famous Philly celebs and athletes. He even did a whole Goose piano thing before one of the games to get the crowd going. Usually Bradley Cooper is there too but he most be working because I didn't see him at all. My nephew was at the World Series clinching game. Very exciting.
Fun for your nephew!

Miles…bleh! That’s cool he interacts with the crowd. I don’t think we’d ever see Taylor do that.