Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2023, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor posted! Did y’all see it?
Old 05-18-2023, 11:52 PM
New Fan

I did! It kinda sounded like he was about start filming imminently? Looks like hes home too. That beard is out of control
ehmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 02:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

I saw it! His hair is completely out of control, I agree
Looks like his Christmas tree is still up, too…
You can see a glimpse of it in the corner of the room when he turns the phone
audrey_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

I saw it. I thought it looked like his house but with the beard and hair still out of control I thought maybe he was at the house in Santa Fe. I wonder what was in the box. The knife perhaps? Couldn't have been a script.
Gabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Jack's new book came out and I've seen a bunch of people posting that they were gifted the book with videos like Taylor's.

I hope that if he's home that doesn't mean filming has been delayed. Or maybe they're just taking a break from filming. Wrapping of the series was previously scheduled for July 5th.

I can't imagine they'd start filming his prequel until the entire season is written.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Jack's new book came out and I've seen a bunch of people posting that they were gifted the book with videos like Taylor's.

I hope that if he's home that doesn't mean filming has been delayed. Or maybe they're just taking a break from filming. Wrapping of the series was previously scheduled for July 5th.

I can't imagine they'd start filming his prequel until the entire season is written.
I don’t think they can. OM said they couldn’t even make it a shorter series and shoot the 5 episodes they have. It would require a contractual change. It would be risky to start filming and hope the rest of the scripts get written before they need them. It would be a scheduling nightmare too.
Old 05-19-2023, 08:43 PM
Passionate Fan

From his story he makes it sound like he’s going straight from the Primeval set to film this but with the strike I highly doubt that’s going to happen. With 5 out of 7 episodes being written then maybe they can start sooner vs later depending when things get back to normal. He does seem really excited to play this character again.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I actually didn't watch his story with sounds, did he say anything about going into filming or just his usual, "lets get it?"

Obviously depending on the writers strike...but I would guess that maybe we'll see them filming this fall. If the writers strike didn't happen I'd assume they'd maybe jump right into filming in August/September. Still could happen if the strike comes to an end.
Old 05-21-2023, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Honored to do it, let’s get it…basically. That smile we got in the middle was great!
Old 05-22-2023, 07:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Agreed. That smile was awesome. I loved Jack Carr's comment joking on how Taylor needs some training with the knife.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, his smile is just gorgeous… still melting away. Wondering who was with him. You can hear another male person in the background laughing and opening a bottle.
audrey_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I was wondering that too because he stops mid sentence to laugh and look their way. Maybe one of his Bozeman buddies?
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought maybe the tv was on.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I came across another podcast Jack Carr did. Much of the same information, that the writers strike stopped production on Taylor's spinoff. They haven't even started to write season 2 of The Terminal List so this will be coming first no matter what, it would seem.

We can thank Chris Pratt for the spinoff because he was the one that brought the idea of a Ben spinoff to Jack. Jack had an idea for a spinoff but sounds like it was different than Chris's idea...when Jack heard Chris's idea for a Taylor spinoff he said it was the better idea and a no brainer because people loved Ben and that Ben in the show was a much more fleshed out character than he was in the books and well liked because of what Taylor brought to the character.

He's looking forward to the show because this is a new experience, there is no book for fans to go back on and say well this was different and this was different, this is a completely new story.

He would not give a definitive timeline because of the writers strike but sounds like there definitely was a timeline for filming set prior to the writers strike happening.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Great info A!

I love a Taylor spin-off too! Great thinking gentleman. I’m just happy Taylor’s agreed to do it.
Since it is almost complete and they seem ready to go, hopefully it’ll be an easy start once the strike ends.