Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2023, 03:05 AM
New Fan

Oh wow, this is exciting and unexpected!! Hopefully news will come thick and fast
ehmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's been added to "Treatment" on his IMDb pro page, but Inferno and Pieces are still "In-Treatment" on there too.

I'm encouraged that Chris is executive producing too and would appear in the prequel. I feel like that gives it more of a shot of happening.

Ben was an interesting character though. I know we said how it would have been nice to know he and Reece's backstory together, now hopefully we'll get to see it or some of it.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Amazon confirmed today what has been reported, that they renewed Terminal List and there is going to be a Ben Edward prequel.

More details from Deadline:

Quote:
‘The Terminal List’: More Details Revealed About Season 2 Of Prime Video Series Starring Chris Pratt & Taylor Kitsch-Led Prequel

Prime Video has confirmed Deadline’s report that hit MRC Television conspiracy thriller The Terminal List, headlined by Chris Pratt, has been renewed for a second season, and that the streamer also has ordered an untitled prequel series focusing on fan-favorite Ben Edwards, portrayed by Taylor Kitsch.

Season 2 of The Terminal List, whose first installment was based on Jack Carr’s bestseller of the same name, will be based on Carr’s novel True Believer.

Additionally, it has been revealed what other Carr characters the prequel series, co-created by Carr and Season 1 creator/showrunner David DiGilio, will feature opposite Kitsch’s Ben in addition to James Reece (Pratt) and Raife Hastings, which Deadline reported about. The list includes Mohammed Farooq, and Ernest “Boozer” Vickers, played in Season 1 by Pratt’s longtime coach, former Navy SEAL and series producer Jared Shaw.

The untitled prequel is described as an elevated espionage thriller that takes viewers on Edwards’ journey from Navy SEAL to CIA paramilitary operator, exploring the darker side of warfare and the human cost that comes with it.

“I couldn’t be more thrilled to reprise my role as James Reece,” Pratt said, noting that Season 2 of The Terminal List “promises to be even more intense and action-packed than the first” and that the prequel “will be just as thrilling and engaging as The Terminal List.”

In addition to starring in the prequel series, Kitsch will serve as executive producer, alongside Pratt through Indivisible Productions, Antoine Fuqua through Hill District Media, Carr, DiGilio, former Army Ranger Max Adams, and Shaw. The Terminal List is a co-production from Amazon Studios and Civic Center Media, in association with MRC Television.

“The phenomenal summer debut of The Terminal List is a testament to the creativity of Jack Carr, David DiGilio and Chris Pratt along with the cast and teams who delivered such an original and compelling series” said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon and MGM Studios. “With the second season of The Terminal List and Prime Video’s new prequel series starring the amazing Taylor Kitsch, we are expanding on the storytelling and characters beloved by so many all over the world.”

The Terminal List tells the story of James Reece (Pratt), a Navy SEAL who seeks to avenge the murder of his family. Besides Pratt and Kitsch, the main cast of the conspiracy thriller’s first season also included Constance Wu, Riley Keough, Arlo Mertz and Jeanne Tripplehorn.

Waco alum Kitsch will next be seen in the Netflix limited series American Primeval and Painkiller, both directed by Pete Berg. Pratt next will be seen reprising his role as Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and heard as Mario in The Super Mario Bros. Movie.
https://deadline.com/2023/02/the-ter...el-1235248860/
Old 02-04-2023, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Probably a stupid question, but what does "Treatment" mean on IMBD?
Old 02-04-2023, 11:58 PM
Passionate Fan

When do you think this will start filming? Immediately following Primeval?
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don’t think there’s a script yet so probably later this year or next year. They’re probably filming season 2 first. There’s a lot of crossover with production for the two obviously, sharing actors and production.

In Treatment basically means the idea is there but a script might not be written yet, the product has either been pitched or is being prepared to be pitched but that’s as far as they’ve gotten.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:13 PM
Passionate Fan

With there being a book series in place, the second season of TL should be easy to figure out assuming they are sticking with the second book. I feel like with Carr and Pratt both involved with the prequel that there’s a good chance this will happen unlike the HBO series that never happened.
Old 02-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah, I would guess that Jack Carr had a pretty good idea early on that he'd be asked for a script for season two/the second book in the series so I'd guess there's a head start on it and there's already that general layout for it.

There is backstory to Ben so there is some groundwork but obviously not an entire story to just put dialogue into and make changes to for tv.
Old 02-06-2023, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

An article run by Collider - why Taylor deserves his own spinoff series.

Entire article is at the link below

Quote:
Why Taylor Kitsch Deserves 'The Terminal List' Prequel Series

Prime Video just announced a Taylor Kitsch prequel series along with a second season of the Navy SEAL thriller, The Terminal List, which is based on the 2018 novel of the same name by Jack Carr. Kitsch plays Ben Edwards, ex SEAL teammate of ride or die pal, Lt. Cmdr. James Reece (Chris Pratt), who sticks with his buddy as he goes on a mission of revenge.

Edwards has become a CIA ground branch operative who provides both recon intelligence and an extra sharpshooter for Reece as he hunts down the individuals that killed his wife, Lauren (Riley Keough) and young daughter, Lucy (Arlo Mertz). His family becomes collateral damage after some higher ups attempt to frame him and cover up some shady business dealings concerning a drug that has caused cancer in Reece and the thirteen Navy frogmen under his command. Pratt is solid in the lead, but the fact that Kitsch is being offered his own prequel is quite a testament to the actor's on-screen presence (and some outspoken audience feedback). As just a supporting player in The Terminal List, Kitsch maximizes his impact on both his grieving, terminally ill former SEAL teammate and the story as a whole. But if you've followed the talented actor's career, you really shouldn't be surprised that the 41-year-old Canadian-born actor parlayed his limited part into his own gig.
https://collider.com/taylor-kitsch-t...requel-series/
Old 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am so excited for this! I’m glad it wasn’t dangled and then Taylor wasn’t interested or something.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:06 PM
Passionate Fan

It’s nice to see an article singing his praises and not putting the blame at his feet for early career failures. He really does deserve his own series and I hope he explores more starring roles.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
It’s nice to see an article singing his praises and not putting the blame at his feet for early career failures. He really does deserve his own series and I hope he explores more starring roles.
THIS!! Well said.
Gabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great article! I love it says he doesn’t have to try hard to be a cool cat. True, true!
exploreoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:54 PM
Passionate Fan

He is just naturally cool
Old 02-08-2023, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Here is another story about why Taylor's villain arch in Terminal List set it up perfectly for a prequel.

https://screenrant.com/terminal-list...in-trick-copy/
Reply   Post New Thread