Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2023, 08:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Completely agree with this article. He plays a villain with heart so well and I think the audience will forgive him for his betrayal once they see why he did what he did.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It'll be interesting to see how they portray Ben in the prequel, I think Taylor does bring that heart because so many people said they hated Ben in the books, obviously because of the portrayal but he didn't come off nearly as funny. He was a surfer/womanizer type dude in the book who obviously betrayed Reece.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 02:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't read the book. I'm not a huge reader except for the Harry Potter books and the Twilight books. I just have a hard time getting into them although The Help was a phenomenal book as well as the movie.
I'm happy that Taylor portrayed Ben the way he did. There was no reason in the entire series to hate him and in the end, I still didn't hate him, I was just shocked and disappointed in the the character.
Gabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

I didn't think of Ben as a villain at all. Interesting.
Old 02-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor gave Ben heart and they definitely kind of skewed the narrative in the finale to make Ben's reasoning a little more understandable or forgiving. Knowing now that they might have had it in their mind to expand the universe to a prequel I see why they would have written Ben the way they did.

And I remember when Taylor took on the role and I read the book I was so confused because I could count the number of times Ben appeared in the book and most of his background was exposition.
Old 02-28-2023, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

I don’t know if it’s just because Taylor is so likeable but I didn’t find him to be a villain at all. I can certainly understand possibly hiding information so your friends you consider family go out fighting for a noble cause instead of a slow and debilitating tumor
Old 03-01-2023, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If I remember correctly in the book it definitely leaned more heavily on the betrayal side of things and being in it for the money as opposed to having his best friends and fellow SEALs best interest at heart.

But that's why I was wondering if they toned it down because they knew there might be a prequel or if Taylor is just too likable and its hard to reconcile that being in his nature the way he played Ben.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Jack Carr was on a podcast in the last week and the hosts said that The Terminal List is the biggest hit Amazon has ever had. I don't know if that's factual but Jack didn't dispute it.

Sounds like Taylor's prequel is the next one up in the series. As far as Taylor's series goes, they have written five out of the seven spinoff episodes, will get back into writing when the writers strike is finished.

Taylor's series is going back in time to do a Ben Edwards origin story, exploring how he went from SEAL teams to CIA and it's more an international espionage thriller rather than an action thriller/conspiracy thriller/revenge thriller like the Terminal List.

The podcast was recorded in Austin so the guys ask Jack specifically about Taylor and of course Jack was glowing about him and he's such a normal guy, he just was texting with him and Taylor is "finishing up a project" and excited to jump right into this. So if the writer's strike does end soon it sounds like Taylor is jumping straight into prep for this. Might film later this year? Of course all depending on the writer's strike.
Old 05-17-2023, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This is a very nice update!
I hope he does jump into this next. We need more content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Jack Carr was on a podcast in the last week and the hosts said that The Terminal List is the biggest hit Amazon has ever had. I don't know if that's factual but Jack didn't dispute it.

Sounds like Taylor's prequel is the next one up in the series. As far as Taylor's series goes, they have written five out of the seven spinoff episodes, will get back into writing when the writers strike is finished.

Taylor's series is going back in time to do a Ben Edwards origin story, exploring how he went from SEAL teams to CIA and it's more an international espionage thriller rather than an action thriller/conspiracy thriller/revenge thriller like the Terminal List.

The podcast was recorded in Austin so the guys ask Jack specifically about Taylor and of course Jack was glowing about him and he's such a normal guy, he just was texting with him and Taylor is "finishing up a project" and excited to jump right into this. So if the writer's strike does end soon it sounds like Taylor is jumping straight into prep for this. Might film later this year? Of course all depending on the writer's strike.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's an exciting update! And I don't know why I thought maybe we'd get season 2 before we got the prequel...but it does actually make sense to go with the prequel next before moving on to season 2. Taylor obviously wouldn't be in season 2, save for maybe a flashback, they want to utilize the popularity of his character or while his story is still top of mind, especially with the ending he had.

When the writers strike does end I have faith Amazon will crank this out pretty fast. The Jack Ryan series on Amazon I believe is coming to a close after the final season airs this summer. I have to imagine Jack Ryan and Terminal List share a common audience. They'll be looking to fill that void even more.
Old 05-18-2023, 05:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

This is exciting news. I'm sure Taylor is looking forward to shaving that scraggly beard and hair. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept some facial hair like Ben had but just really neatened it up a lot. I hope the strike ends soon and they can get back to work.
Not surprised in the least Jack raved about Taylor. Most people that work with him say the same thing about him being down to Earth and a normal guy.
I was thinking the sequel with Chris would come first but it does make sense that the prequel would precede that. I am hoping that Taylor films some flashbacks for the sequel.
Gabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

This is great news!! I was thinking the sequel would film next, but it does make sense for Taylor’s prequel to be first. Exciting!!
exploreoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’m happy that the sequel is coming later. I’m all for the prequel!

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say anything bad about Taylor on set. Everyone loves him. That makes my heart happy. So many times you admire someone and find out they are a terror on set and it ruins it.

If this can film this year, we make get to see it 2024!
Old 05-18-2023, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Jack Carr talked with another outlet today or yesterday and did confirm again that Taylor's series is up next.

Quote:
Along with being a New York Times bestseller, Carr’s 2018 debut novel, The Terminal List, became a top-rated streaming series last year on Prime Video, with Hollywood A-lister Chris Pratt playing James Reece as part of a star-studded cast. The studio gave the green light to a second season, which will be based on Carr’s second thriller True Believer, along with a separate series centered around Reece’s former Navy SEAL teammate Ben Edwards, played by Taylor Kitsch. Carr had started working on the screenplay for that series when the writer’s strike forced things to a halt.

“It’s an origin story, and so we go back in time to show his journey from the SEAL teams to the CIA,” Carr says about the Ben Edwards spin-off. “We put pencils down a few days ago because of the writer’s strike. But once we pick those pencils back up, or start typing away again, I’m super excited to finish those up and then start filming. And then we roll right from that into the second novel, season two of The Terminal List, True Believer, and that one stars Chris Pratt."
https://www.wect.com/2023/05/17/best...eaming-series/
Old 05-18-2023, 07:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m surprised too that the prequel is happening next and that it’s almost ready to go but the writers strike is going to delay this. It’s just a question of how long will the delay be? Honestly, I don’t care about the next season of Terminal List unless Taylor has a flashback appearance and if so I would only watch those parts.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread