Fan Forum Star

Thnx for posting those

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for all the updates!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They just finished a new song 'glass of water' and they are looking for the right night to play it. CAN'T WAIT
Old 09-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

I hope it's November 19th. Maybe there will be something in the air.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
[Live Review] Coldplay - Globe Theatre, Stockholm, Sweden (17th September 2008)

The first of two concerts at Stockholm's Globe Theatre. Unfortunately no live debut for 'Glass Of Water' tonight, but the concert was apparently streamed live via aftonbladet although not many people outside Sweden knew about it. More on this here onwards [thanks Larry & mimixxx]

Unconfirmed setlist:

Life In Technicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Speed Of Sound
Cemeteries Of London
Chinese Sleep Chant
Fix You
Strawberry Swing
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)
Talk (partial - techno version)
The Hardest Part (piano - Chris)
Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)
Viva La Vida
Lost!
The Scientist (acoustic)
Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)
Viva La Vida (remix interlude)
------
Politik
Lovers In Japan
Death And All His Friends
-------
Yellow
The Escapist

[photos] [videos] [wiki reviews/setlist] (updated over the next 24 hours)

I just got back from the Coldplay concert in The Globe Arena. My legs hurt after standing in one spot for nearly three hours but I’m satisfied still. We bought the tickets to the concert months ago and shortly after I told my sister I was going to see them and her spontaneous thought was “boooring”. At that point I didn’t really disagree with here. I’m not a huge fan but one of my friends convinced me to go along (it didn’t take much to do that) so I did. And I don’t regret it.

They never played Trouble from Parachutes and that disappointed me a bit but not much since I wasn’t really expecting them to and I would have wanted it to last a bit longer, I always do after a live concert but just over 90 minutes is a tad short. Besides that it was a great show. Their music came alive unlike when you listen to their CDs that, at points, can almost make you sleepy. Combine this with a great show where lights and video played a big part and you have one helluva party.

I did record two short bits and I’ll see if I can get them up here when I’m not in bed, otherwise i just might blog some youtube clips just so that I can sneak in on the blog and watch them every now and then. [blog]

Quote:
Will Coldplay Release A Single In Spanish? The Oracle Knows...

More questions answered by The Oracle...

September 17, 2008 - submitted by Michael, Nicaragua
Q. Since "Viva La Vida" its a title in spanish.. do you think maybe Coldplay would ever release a single in spanish?? Chris' spanish is so funny...
The Oracle replies:
As you can probably tell Chris isn't fluent in Spanish so for a band with English as their first language it wouldn't really make much sense to release a full song in Spanish. The lyric Viva la Vida doesn't actually appear anywhere in the song either so it's just a title.

Quote:
A text message from Chris (Glass Of Water to be played live soon?)

A text message from Chris (via coldplay)
September 17, 2008 4:27 pm
Chris sends a text from Sweden

just landed in stockholm spent yesterday writing writing writing and eating cake tour so far best one we ever did audiences wonderful and catering also we are trying to find the right night to play glass of water which is good heavy and recently finished please excuse the lack of punctuation there are no full stops in sweden chris

Quote:
Coldplay Roadie #42 - Blog #28

Check out coldplay for a new blog entry: The curious incident of the camera and the foot

Days off tend to be anticipated with a mass of good intentions and disappear before your very eyes before you've had a chance to do anything with them. Plans are made to explore the world's great cities, catch up with friends or any number of things that mean you've actually achieved something. Inevitably, either hangovers, travel, or general exhaustion ensure that your 24 hours of freedom disappear before you've even properly yawned and stretched.

Today, I have a rather unusual aim. I have phone calls to make and research to do. I'm talking to Mike Hill, the technical genius who built Jonny's mission control guitar rig. He also built a pedalboard for Guy's bass gear. Now that Guy is taking photos almost more often than he is blinking, he's devised a way of firing his camera remotely during the show. We've had it working in the most basic way possible for the past few gigs and now we want it posh-ed up a bit - and Mike Hill is the man to do it.

You have to love any phone call that begins with the line "Hiya Mike, I'd like you to build us something so that Guy can take photos with his feet". You also have to love the fact that the man didn't bat an eyelid and proceeded directly to making plans. In fact, you have to wonder exactly what would phase him...

R42

Quote:
Coldplay up for two BT Digital Music Awards

Music fans to help decide who wins online gongs

Coldplay, Radiohead and Bloc Party have received multiple nominations for this year's BT Digital Music Awards, NME report today. Coldplay are up for Best Indie/Rock Act and Artist Of The Year. You can vote here. You can also vote for Coldplaying.com in the Best Unofficial Music Site category here. Voting is limited to once per day.

Taking place on October 1 at London's Roundhouse, the awards focus on digital music entertainment, with online music industry-based categories, such as Best Music Community and Best Artist Promotion, in amongst more conventional awards such as Best Pop Act and Best Indie/Rock Act. The Ting Tings, Alphabeat, The Futureheads and Kylie Minogue are amongst the other acts in line for gongs, which are decided by combining the votes of the BT panel judges and the votes of music fans in a 50/50 split.

source: COLDPLAYING.COM
Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Crystal!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trouble isn't on the setlist again.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

As long as I have my Politik on the setlist, I'm okay.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

They need to remove The Hardest Part and place Trouble back on there.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

I agree.

Be sure to call them up and let them know?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm already frakking on it!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

I mean, you are our newscaster. Now, you're our publicist.

You are soooo our bitch.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like to stay on top of things. And Guy.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Whoa. That was amazing. I can't even reply. That was just too good.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

What'd I say?