Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-14-2008, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

I want proof,too
Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
String Quartet Performs Coldplay's Viva la Vida

Vitamin Records will be releasing a String Quartet version of Coldplay's Viva la Vida from 21st October 2008. Here is their summary:

Coldplay’s epic and emotive melodies have become the ultimate musical architecture of stadium pop-rock. The String Quartet Tribute to Coldplay’s Viva la Vida is a beautiful discovery of the band’s revolutionary masterpieces using violin, viola, cello and bass. Enveloped in full and lush musical arrangements, Coldplay’s boldest album is heightened into a uniquely gorgeous listen all Coldplay fans will love.

The tracklisting is the same as the Coldplay album. You can listen to snippets and purchase the new disc via Vitamin Records here
It sounds lovely.

Quote:
SMAPLAY - SMAP and Coldplay perform Viva La Vida

In case you missed it, don't forget to check out the hilarious video mashup of Viva La VIda by SMAP and Coldplay. SMAP is a Japanese "idol" group, formed by Johnny & Associates. Originally, there were six members in the group; current members are Masahiro Nakai, Takuya Kimura, Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, Goro Inagaki and Shingo Katori. Their fanbase mostly consists of Japanese women.

In 2008, they will have a 6-day tour at the Tokyo Dome, becoming the Japanese artist(s) to have the most amount of tour at the Dome. They will also release a new album super.modern.artistic.performance (SMAP) on the first day of the tour, September 24, 2008.

Watch the video here [thanks melanieau]

Note: It might be two months old, but there's also an audio interview between Chris Martin and Fisher & Boy at 97x in Tampa, where they talk about the new album, Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends. Listen to that here [thanks Suzana Fong]
What the frak.

source: COLDPLAYING.COM
Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, that string quartet! 42 is my favorite. Oh, and LIJ.

Do ya'll have the CD of the cover bluegrass band? It's gold. So awesome.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Total Fan

That string quarter piece sounds very nice indeed !!
the escapistDAAHF strawberry swing violet hill VLV chinese sleep chantyes reign of loveLiJ 42 lost! cemetries of london LiT kingdom come twisted logic swallowed in the sea the hardest part low a message speed of sound X&Y talk fix you white shadows what if square one AROBTTH a whisper warning sign green eyes daylight clocks the scientist GPASUYF in my place politik life is for living everythings not lost we never change high speed PARACHUTES trouble yellow sparks spies trouble don't panic
Old 09-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

My fave was Death and All of His Friends.

Quote:
[Live Review] Coldplay @ Colorline Arena, Hamburg, Germany (14th September 2008)

Unconfirmed setlist:

Life In Technicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Speed Of Sound
Cemeteries Of London
Chinese Sleep Chant
Reign Of Love
Fix You
Strawberry Swing
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)
Talk (partial - techno version)
The Hardest Part (piano - Chris)
Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)
Viva La Vida
Lost!
The Scientist (acoustic)
Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)
Viva La Vida (remix interlude)
------- First Encore
Politik
Lovers In Japan
Death And All His Friends
------- Second Encore
Yellow
The Escapist

[photos] [videos] [wiki reviews/setlist] (updated over the next 24 hours)

"It was amazing. No surprises with the songs" I guess it was the same setlist as Koln then? He said, he , Sarah and Felix are waiting to meet the band but have been told they've gone back to London (?!?!?!?! Surely not...if they're playing Berlin tomorrow?) but they met the support band.
Perhaps the boys will still be there maybe. hmmmmm [thanks Larry & crazyduckette]

More on this show here onwards [thanks melanieau & qnibert00]

Old 09-15-2008, 03:12 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
My fave was Death and All of His Friends.
Did you go?! How lucky are you!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

String Quartet! Whoo! I love all their pieces and them doing this album... PERFECT symbiosis!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Oh man, I LOVE String Quartet. They do awesome versions of already awesome songs and make them awesomer.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
[Setlist/Pictures/Videos/Reviews] Coldplay - 02 World, Berlin, Germany (15th September 2008)

Trouble [Sendspace clip] has returned to the Coldplay setlist in Berlin.

Unconfirmed setlist:

Life In Technicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Speed Of Sound
Cemeteries Of London
Chinese Sleep Chant
Trouble
Fix You
Strawberry Swing
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)
Talk (partial - techno version)
The Hardest Part (piano - Chris)
Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)
Viva La Vida
Lost!
The Scientist (acoustic)
Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)
Viva La Vida (remix interlude)
------- First Encore
Politik
Lovers In Japan
Death And All His Friends
------- Second Encore
Yellow
The Escapist

[photos] [videos] [wiki reviews/setlist] (updated over the next 24 hours)

More on this show here onwards [thanks Larry, crazyduckette & mimixxx]

Quote:
Coldplay Roadie #42 - Blog #26

Check out coldplay for a new blog entry: #42 sends word from the autobahn

Well, we're halfway to Berlin as I write this, with a show in Hamburg fading off in the rear view mirror. Temperature-wise it's been one extreme to another. The Paris venue seemed to have no ventilation whatsoever, making for a sauna-like gig experience.

In Hamburg, there was ice beneath the boards that covered the floor. This caused enough confusion to throw Chris off at the start of Death and All His Friends. He had a couple of goes at the intro, trying to work out if it starts with "Oh, summer" or "Oh, winter". The crowd soon set him straight, however.

It's got to be a sign that things are beginning to settle when there's time in the gig to take notice of what the crowd are up to. I'm led to believe that in Paris, Cemeteries of London saw some particularly bonkers Parisians dressed in bedsheets sat on their friends' shoulders. Plainly Cemeteries need Halloween-style spooky ghosts. Excellently silly - and I applaud. Cologne saw what was possibly the first display of sparklers during Fix You so far this tour. Maybe there have been more, but from where I am, I can only see a tiny section of the crowd, so I may well have missed out. It's beyond great though, when the crowd give the band and crew something to look at. We see the flashing lights, the smoke and the mirrors of the show every night.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Total Fan

Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He had a couple of goes at the intro, trying to work out if it starts with "Oh, summer" or "Oh, winter". The crowd soon set him straight, however.
Quote:
I'm led to believe that in Paris, Cemeteries of London saw some particularly bonkers Parisians dressed in bedsheets sat on their friends' shoulders.

Thanks for the news!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thnx for posting this

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chris always forgets the lyrics. It never fails.

Quote:
Coldplay Roadie #42 - Blog #27

Check out coldplay for a new blog entry: #42 and the rise of the eBayer

There appears to be a new breed, a strange distant cousin to the paparazzi. They're eBayers. Like paps, they hang around in groups outside hotels and gigs, at airports and radio stations.

They are armed not with camera, but with signing pens. They usually have half a dozen copies of the same CD cover for the band to sign. They also usually look as unlike Coldplay fans as it's possible to get - which, given the broad range of folks the band attract, is saying quite something.

Quote:
The Oracle Reveals The Story Behind Coldplay's 'A Message'

Only The Oracle (like Smarties) has the answer…

September 16, 2008 - submitted by Rae, United States of America
Q. Was Chris inspired by a hymn when he wrote "A Message?" I heard a hymn with the same lyrics (my song is love unknown... love to the loveless shown).
The Oracle replies:
Indeed he was Rae. The hymn is in fact called My Song Is Love Unknown.

September 16, 2008 - submitted by Guido, Argentina
Q. Have you watched "Amelie"? I love the soundtrack. Don't you think "La valse d'Amelie" is incredibly beautiful?
The Oracle replies:
Ah Amelie is in the Oracle's Top 5 list of best films ever and I frequently pop Yann Tiersen's soundtrack on the stereo - sublime. I also went to a preview screening of the film with Phil Harvey, Chris and Jonny. Chris fell asleep. How he could with Audrey Tatou onscreen is still a mystery to me.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
September 16, 2008 - submitted by Rae, United States of America
Q. Was Chris inspired by a hymn when he wrote "A Message?" I heard a hymn with the same lyrics (my song is love unknown... love to the loveless shown).
The Oracle replies:
Indeed he was Rae. The hymn is in fact called My Song Is Love Unknown.
Oh, I think I love it more!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There appears to be a new breed, a strange distant cousin to the paparazzi. They're eBayers. Like paps, they hang around in groups outside hotels and gigs, at airports and radio stations.
That doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
Chris fell asleep.
I would have too.

Thanks for the news!