Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Coldplay News/Interviews/Tour Updates/Single Info Thread

I'll be posting in this thread quite a bit.

Last edited by Crystaline; 08-31-2008 at 08:43 AM
Old 08-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Yes, you're the one that always provides us with news updates, Crystal!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hum, i'll be like a lot on this thread

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 08-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

You guys think it should be topped? I think we're allowed 4 topped threads.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

We should top: Intro/Birthdays, News, for the moment

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 08-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

I think this should be topped, it's an important thread..

Are we planning to discuss the new single here or open a seperate thread for it?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

We can discuss it here.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think we can talk about it here

Old 08-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~ (View Post)
Yes, you're the one that always provides us with news updates, Crystal!
I should bring over the latest stuff I posted in our previous thread.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah

Old 08-31-2008, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

The thread has already been closed. I can't copy and paste. So I'll just post the links instead. Here and Here

Quote:
Radio 2 Live: Coldplay In Pictures

Coldplay performed an intimate gig for Radio 2, featuring songs from their album Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, along with some of their classic hits, on Saturday 30 August 2008. BBC have now released pictures from the gig, some of which are below.

See all the pictures here [thanks Lore & mimixxx]

Setlist:

1. Life In Technicolor
2. Violet Hill
3. Clocks
4. Viva La Vida (dedicated to Terry Wogan)
5. 42
6. The Hardest Part aka. Ego Trip (Chris M. acoustic)
7. Chinese Sleep Chant
8. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno v-v-v-ersion)
9. Yellow (dedicated to Radio 2)
10. Lost!
11. Trouble
12. The Scientist (full version)
13. Lovers In Japan (dedicated to Dermot O'Leary)
encore
14. Death And All His Friends (dedicated to Phil Harvey, the 5th member of Coldplay)
15. Strawberry Swing (not aired on radio)

Chris got a haircut! Thank goodness. That curly mop was getting out of control.

Quote:
Prospekt's March: A Christmas EP Release For Coldplay

Yesterday two of the biggest bands in the world went head to head on BBC 6music as Coldplay chatted to REM's Michael Stipe [pictured] live in the studio with Steve Lamacq.

Following reports that Coldplay planned to release a record this year it fell on Stipe to get to the bottom of the rumours: “Is it true?” he asked. To which Martin replied: “We’re going to put an EP out at Christmas called Prospekt's March and we’re going to release an album next December to end the decade.”

Martin then turned to Will Champion and asked: “Is it [the EP] called Prospekt's March or Prospekt's Song?” Before adding: “Lets ask Michael Stipe!”

source: COLDPLAYING.COM
Old 08-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Total Fan

Yay to the EP news!!
the escapistDAAHF strawberry swing violet hill VLV chinese sleep chantyes reign of loveLiJ 42 lost! cemetries of london LiT kingdom come twisted logic swallowed in the sea the hardest part low a message speed of sound X&Y talk fix you white shadows what if square one AROBTTH a whisper warning sign green eyes daylight clocks the scientist GPASUYF in my place politik life is for living everythings not lost we never change high speed PARACHUTES trouble yellow sparks spies trouble don't panic
Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Christmas early i read

EP news is awesome

Old 08-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm reposting this as well. Hopefully the thread will be topped soon so it doesn't get lost on the second page.

Quote:
Cinema Blend: Man-crush On Coldplay Is Complete Following Sewing News

Coldplay sews for fun, and 'are worse than they were yesterday', reports CinemaBlend, in an article posted earlier today.

If it’s possible, Coldplay got even dreamier, more artsy and more pseudo-bohemian than ever, when AOL News reported Wednesday that the band enjoys spending their free time sewing and modifying their clothes. My man-crush on them is now complete.

“Making clothes together in our studio makes us feel complete,” Chris Martin said, philosophically stroking his stubbled chin and batting his long eyelashes. “We probably sound like a group of grannies in a knitting circle, but it's the truth, and it gives us some control over our visual identity.” He continued, “When you are a big band and everyone is taking shots at you [pause for emphasis], the more things you can do together the better. And if you're wearing uniforms made by your own hands it helps achieve that.” Bring on the high-school girls.

It seems they've noticed one of the more "romanticizable" aspects of band life, and made it a hobby. It is true that bands on tour rarely get the time to relax and do anything other than drive, promote and be the target of snide media whippersnappers, and it may be true that some bands, rather than waste time and money on hunting down new clothes, may sit and repair/modify their old ones, but I’m taking the standpoint that Coldplay is not allowed to do this, because they’re already too post-modern pretty, and they’re going to turn into gurgling, honey-soaked Care Bears if this continues.

Coldplay is currently touring in support of Viva La Vida, and would like it very, very much if you came out to see them.
Can they get any cuter?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Total Fan

Aww so cute .

Crystal - I don't want it to get lost this is like your thread, you make this thread what it is!!
the escapistDAAHF strawberry swing violet hill VLV chinese sleep chantyes reign of loveLiJ 42 lost! cemetries of london LiT kingdom come twisted logic swallowed in the sea the hardest part low a message speed of sound X&Y talk fix you white shadows what if square one AROBTTH a whisper warning sign green eyes daylight clocks the scientist GPASUYF in my place politik life is for living everythings not lost we never change high speed PARACHUTES trouble yellow sparks spies trouble don't panic