Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

This is really one of my favorite Josh films. I think I really like it because I think the cinematography is top notch. I so want to go to Spain when I see this movie.

I wonder if Josh wants to go again.
glass1/2fullgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Totally random, but I was watching FOX last night and saw a commercial for HUMAN TARGET (that stars Anna Torv's husband from Fringe) and I had to blink a couple times because I knew I recognized the lady that he was kissing in the commercial...

Guess who was the guest star?

Leonor Varela!

Leonor Varela on HUMAN TARGET on Fox (PHOTOS) | Daemon's TV

Heh.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Wow. Small world!
Ten My Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Totally random, but I was watching FOX last night and saw a commercial for HUMAN TARGET (that stars Anna Torv's husband from Fringe) and I had to blink a couple times because I knew I recognized the lady that he was kissing in the commercial...

Guess who was the guest star?

Leonor Varela!

Leonor Varela on HUMAN TARGET on Fox (PHOTOS) | Daemon's TV

Heh.
I love her and Josh together in this movie. Especially the scene when they're in the stream. (Not like this would ever happen to a young American traveling in Spain, well maybe it would if that person looked like Josh). Like the title says, "Ole, Ole!"
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Wow. Small world!
It seems Hollywood is even smaller.

Anyway, I watched the movie again a while ago, still didn't really like it, but damn if just looking through the screencaps in this thread doesn't make me want to sit through it again regardless. Josh is just so beautiful in this film. And this is probably why I shouldn't be in this thread too often, because every time I come here I have the urge to watch the movie again even though I don't actually think that highly of the film. I guess that's the power of Josh? LOL.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I think if the bar scenes and the parts with Dennis Hopper were out I might like the film better, but it isn't one of my favorites.
maa47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)
Josh is just so beautiful in this film.
I think you pretty much summed it up!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
JoW
Master Fan

I've only seen this film once but really need to watch it again

I didn't get the bar/Dennis Hopper scenes either and thought they didn't really fit with the film. Maybe I missed something ...
Old 06-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks to Mandy for linking me to this thread!

I watched this movie last week and I absolutly loved it. I love the story so much and feel like I can really relate to that lost feeling when you don't know what to do with your life. I thought Josh's performance was great, I loved seeing him in that traveller role (it gave a glimse of what he might be like when he's on the road ).

I loved the character of his best friend the crazymaker (sorry, forgot his name, oops) but I have to say the blonde girl (his girlfriend) was a bit random and I didn't really see the point of her in the movie :| her 'story' was a very weak and it would have worked just as well if it had been a story about 2 best friends travelling and the differences between their desicions, Josh wanting to carry on exploring and his friend anticipating heading home.

The film actually makes me really want to visit Spain and generally live life to the full!

One of my very favourite Josh films without a doubt!
Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Supreme Fan

The thing I related to best about this movie was how stepping out of your comfort zone allows you to see your life so objectively. So, leaving home, leaving your country and even your customs, if only for a short time, really gives you a sense of your own independence, power and peace that travelling alone and abroad can do for you. You step outside expectations and do for yourself what you NEVER thought you could do, until you took that very first step.

That's what I got from "Americano", despite Mr. Hopper, the bickering duo, and the over-the-top Adela. And I think Josh was able to pull it off so honestly because he himself had backpacked abroad. It was all about Chris: what he needed, wanted and did.
Ten My Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

I agree, although I've never travelled I can only imagine the freedom being out there amongst a culture you're not familiar with can make you do things you never thought you would do. Exactly like Chris/Josh experiencing the bullfighting. I found the movie truly inspiring, like anything is possible if you allow yourself to take that leap.

I personally feel people expect me to conform to the usual path of life, leaving school, going to university, getting a job, working 9-5 etc but it just proves that life is what you make it, everyone is different & should live life by their own accords, not what people expect of them.

I thought the story between Chris and Adela was lovely. I know a lot of people in this thread found her a bit too much but I thought she was fun. I loved that she inspired Chris to follow his heart, not his head. "Promise me, you'll do what scares you"

Really loved this movie!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachey1984 (View Post)
I thought the story between Chris and Adela was lovely. I know a lot of people in this thread found her a bit too much but I thought she was fun. I loved that she inspired Chris to follow his heart, not his head. "Promise me, you'll do what scares you"
I quite liked Adela myself. Leonor and Josh had amazing chemistry, which obviously helped a lot!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

I know, they were so sexy together! I really liked her character in the movie
Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We were just talking the other day about the extras on the DVD. Here is one piece from the special features.

Americano Behind The Scenes - part 1 - YouTube

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link. I will watch the other 2 parts of the extras tomorrow. I have spent many holidays on the Spanish Islands but never been to mainland Spain.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread