Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

I just caught this movie on tv, and I thought I'd post some thoughts. The beginning is very fast paced and kind of hard to follow. But, once the movie slows down a bit you can understand Chris's struggle with his life. Even though I thought Josh was "mucho" good in this movie, the sexual tension between he and the female lead just about over shadowed the plot of the movie. Or, maybe that's all the Pacey lover in me could focus on. I thought Dennis Hopper's (is that his name?) character was a bit over the top and I didn't really understand how his ranting were supposed to change Chris's mind. But, in the end, I thought Josh gave a great performace that showed the characters inner struggle. Oh and that shower scene mmmm...hhmmm, very nice, very nice!

SATC
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Thanks for the review Michelle! I watched the film, some last night and the rest today and I enjoyed it. I found the film too short though. It was like 1 hour and 20 minutes. I enjoyed it nonetheless and i agree about Josh and leonor's sexual tension!
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks Michelle for your thoughts on this movie...we haven't talked about it in a while...with all Josh's newer projects on the front burner...but none of us "Crazymakers" have it far from thought...and you can usually tell us by our sigs....LOL

and ITA...that the inner struggle of his character is a wonderful story...he is at a crossroad in his life and wants to take full advantage of his youth and his life's path...

and I also agree that the shower scene is an inner struggle for all of us...
Advi by: Joshuazgirl128
KatieNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Supreme Fan

So very true. Shower scenes... forever and ever -- an inner struggle...

... an inner struggle for me to keep from screaming, "Can you be more fabulous, Josh?!!!"
Ten My Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Should we call you Donna Bing?

This movie has really struck a cord with me. I think if I had seen this movie when I was younger, it could have changed my life. Really, I mean that! Katie's sig says it all for me,"The Story of our life, in the end is not our life, it is our story" that is my all time favorite quote. I try live by that quote everyday. Well it helps that it's stenciled on my tack room door and I see it everyday!!
jjobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

It's been a long time since we chatted in this thread. But I think KatieNap would have been proud that we were.

To continue on the discussion that we had from the Post Count thread, suzi was saying that she didn't think that Josh and the female lead, played by Leonor Varela.

I don't know, it seemed pretty spicy & sexy to me. That love scene was HOT, HOT, HOT.

This wasn't my most favorite of Josh's films, but that scene alone sold it for me.

Thoughts?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

To me, although the sex scene was fairly hot (from a Josh point of view), I just didn't feel the chemistry between them! She was a very annoying leading character and I wasn't rooting for them to get together at all!!! In fact the only thing I *was* rooting for during the film was the closing credits!!! It will never darken my dvd player again!!!

Discuss!!

My photoblog
suzi c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Leonor is sooooo hot! She's a very sexy Latina lady and I think she is incredibly sweet. They were very, very playful with each other and I found it to be really cute and hot at the same time.

Plus, I thought she was really funny.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Well it would be boring over here if we all had the same opinion now wouldn't it??!!!

Its amazing how we can all love the same actor and watch his films and then have such wildly differing opinions about them!! We need to have that JJ convention, I could see there would be tears before bedtime!!!

My photoblog
Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

But I love this! It's fun to have the back and forth banter and it shows how different our tastes are.

I think we can all agree that we love having Josh being involved in a project, but we don't have to always love the film itself.

I still have yet to fully watch Shutter.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Supreme Fan

You haven't seen the end of Shutter?!! The last scene is the BEST! LOL!!

As for Americano, since this is the thread to talk about it, I kind of felt the chemistry with Leonor was a bit forced. Josh did seem to have an easier chemistry with that dog he always confided in. Leonor/Adela came across a little over the top for me and Josh/Chris was just trying to keep up with her. But I feel like as the matador in that love scene, he tamed that girl.

Plus I thought he was altogether very sexy. Slim and hairy (except for the shower scene ), funny and sweet. And I loved his drunken scene with Hemingway. And the music was unforgettable. Just a fun movie.

Now, Cursed... I don't own that one.

Last edited by Ten My Love; 02-11-2010 at 11:31 AM
Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

You see I've got Cursed purely for Josh and nothing else!!! Rubbish film that I could watch over and over just to drool!!!

My photoblog
Old 02-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Supreme Fan

He was especially gorgeous in Cursed. *wiping away the *
Old 02-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think I need to watch this movie again. I saw it a few months back and honestly, aside from drooling over Josh, was not very impressed by the whole thing. But then I read all of these nice reviews and it makes me wonder if a second viewing may give me some more appreciation for the film. Plus... shower scene... hmm... *goes to watch movie for the second time*

Last edited by Seersha; 02-11-2010 at 03:40 PM
Seersha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

You are not alone Seersha, I wasn't at all impressed either!!!

My photoblog
Reply   Post New Thread