Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I wonder if they would've left that "I own you" in the script if Dixon was white and Adrianna was black. Stupid line either way.

I want to like this couple, but this show makes it too hard to invest in any pairing. I feel like I'm down to just watching for Lannie again.
We have a writing team that has a certain belief system. I heard it assumed but was shocked when their own tweeted it. Simply put.

"I like solid and interesting stories. But watching happy couples doesnt make good storytelling"

which to me means they adopted the soap mantra of anything goes and if it's not interesting and doesn't have drama no matter how good your ship is or how bad it's written. It will be gone. Being a soaps fan, I know what they are doing w/ Dixon. I know why he said those words. I just don't think those type of stories will go over well here. But here's the contradiction to what they said, why the hell then is Navid and Max still here? why isn't Ethan here? why was Teddy kept away for so long? so I don't get their full system of making stories here.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

Whatever reason they had for making Dixon say what he said, it was just hilarious. I own you... She's his only client in his new record company, what can he even threaten her with? He needs her more then she needs him. I get him hating her or wanting to make her suffer but... It was just such a stupid line

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Whatever reason they had for making Dixon say what he said, it was just hilarious. I own you... She's his only client in his new record company, what can he even threaten her with? He needs her more then she needs him. I get him hating her or wanting to make her suffer but... It was just such a stupid line

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

I know, right? Like he didn't just ask his sister for the cash, and has a successful business already. This show.

icon
Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
it was a nasty line. They prbly just wanted to show his character shifting and Tristan's acting is just too strong to have it be a throwaway line. Here's my issue w/ it. They couldn't wait till he had some music artists signed that can outperform her and get more buzz than her before this? and second dude your you're on crutches, IDK how Ade, (girl that drugged her bestie) should be afraid. Unless she right now is fame driven after that little performance, for which the show didn't do a good job of letting us know that. Another thing is prbly they are trying to make us feel sorry for her, which honest to god I really don't at the moment.

Last edited by starlette318; 12-06-2012 at 11:20 AM
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

I don't feel sorry for her either, I don't even get the impression she's that broken up that he's ended it. I just didn't get that line. Even if his record label was established I still don't get it since he would still need her to succeed...

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think she cares he broke up with her either. I mean, six times? That's not a mistake; that's a statement. I don't hate either of them. I just want to be entertained! Time to take the gloves off...

icon
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if Dixon will get with his friend from therapy.

Because otherwise they completely wasted Jessica Parker Kennedy..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I wonder if Dixon will get with his friend from therapy.

Because otherwise they completely wasted Jessica Parker Kennedy..
I think he will but obvs. he'll screw it up and in record time b/c of this war he's starting w/ Ade.

ding ding ding ...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't say that it wasn't in character. Dixon lashes out when he's angry. I just can't imagine saying that to someone you love. I'd actually sympathize with him and root for them to reunite if he'd just given her the cold shoulder, which would be understandable.

This actually reminds me of a situation on Felicity (I'd better not get started on how much of a better show that was), which managed to make both the boy and the girl sympathetic after she'd cheated.

Quote:
"I like solid and interesting stories. But watching happy couples doesnt make good storytelling"
And I STILL don't get this. Watching happy couples doesn't make for good storytelling? Fail. Watching perfect couples doesn't make for good storytelling.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can't say that it wasn't in character. Dixon lashes out when he's angry. I just can't imagine saying that to someone you love. I'd actually sympathize with him and root for them to reunite if he'd just given her the cold shoulder, which would be understandable.

This actually reminds me of a situation on Felicity (I'd better not get started on how much of a better show that was), which managed to make both the boy and the girl sympathetic after she'd cheated.

And I STILL don't get this. "Watching happy couples doesn't make good storytelling?" Fail. Watching perfect couples doesn't make good storytelling.
I know. He's not perfect. He gets angry, he turns into this somewhat of a heartless monster. So his response to me wasn't ooc. He's pissed, if he could say what he said to Aunt Becky, it's open season on his ex.

Damn that was a long time ago. You need to meet me in the Ade|Dixon thread so we can talk about this.

Agreed! IDK why you know who would think that.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

@ starlette: I think the soap opera comparisson was a pretty solid point.

Over in the Lannie thread, Creamsodaqueen theorized that these writers are mostly aiming to please casual viewers, and not shippers. That was her guess as to why they constantly break couples up and pair regulars with all these guest characters.

Whatever the reason, I wish the show was in better hands.

People waited a while to see Dixon and Ade together, and the wait was worth it IMO. I think Tristan and Jessica have great chemistry. But I've had my guard up all along, because you know better than to get too attached to a couple on this show.

I can imagine them kissing and making up while he calls her "babe" or something. I just don't seem to be looking forward to it for some reason. Making because I'm tired of the break-up/make-up game on this series.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
@ starlette: I think the soap opera comparisson was a pretty solid point.

Over in the Lannie thread, Creamsodaqueen theorized that these writers are mostly aiming to please casual viewers, and not shippers. That was her guess as to why they constantly break couples up and pair regulars with all these guest characters.

Whatever the reason, I wish the show was in better hands.

People waited a while to see Dixon and Ade together, and the wait was worth it IMO. I think Tristan and Jessica have great chemistry. But I've had my guard up all along, because you know better than to get too attached to a couple on this show.

I can imagine them kissing and making up while he calls her "babe" or something. I just don't seem to be looking forward to it for some reason. Making because I'm tired of the break-up/make-up game on this series.
Thxs!

I've had that thought for awhile. Like they are trying to bring new fans, while alienating and pissing off the old, and that's not exactly the soaps formula, so they aren't even doing it right. It's like they are making up their own formula, it's like a really bad version of "Sex In The City" or "Gossip Girl" formula.

Me too. You have to.

I can just imagine it too. Although I don't really know if they will put them back together, this is the first I ever heard possessive evil from Dixon's end.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Addicted Fan

did I misinterpret the writing, or did it seem like they were trying to pass off that Ade graduated from West Bev with everyone else? WTF?

overall, I'm disappointed. it did not live up to the 100th ep hype. I even feel like they wasted all the possibilities for the returning characters. Emily and jasper could have been far more awesome. it would have also been nice if they had given a shout out to deb, jen, ethan, ivy...

team Brooklyn ..CM..CS..FO..MN..DB.. Life is short; let's play a song.

Last edited by priya1008; 12-07-2012 at 03:46 PM
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I don't know about Adrianna. I suppose it's plausible she just might have gone as Naomi dragged her there?

Yeah out of all the guest stars I reckon there are better ones they could have brought back..

My Tumblr
My Twitter