Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Dixon/Ivy's relationship (I think they have had two dates and she is his world,
Yeah it was a bit much emphasis on a couple who just literally started dating. I liked their slow buildup. Now I just don't care at all about them.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

this show should just quit while they are infinitely behind

The Sixon Website
Silver/Dixon
Old 05-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

Have they mentioned the finale? For the love of god I hope they don't attempt to praise it. They should just say nothing and keep some sort of credibility.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

they started the sesaon so brightly i don´t know what happend.

Season 1 first half horrible - second half pretty good

Season 2 first half very good - second half awful

IMO.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Yeah it was a bit much emphasis on a couple who just literally started dating. I liked their slow buildup. Now I just don't care at all about them.
I really liked them at first, but it happened way too fast and they have had more fights than dates at this point. That being said, I still like them a whole lot more than Teddy and Silver. Those two have been fighting for half a season, even before they were dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbad (View Post)
this show should just quit while they are infinitely behind
I enjoy punishment so I will definitely watch it til it's cancelled, but you make a really valid point.

Last edited by lapin88; 05-19-2010 at 07:02 AM
Old 05-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

i wanna see the ratings especially for the first half hour compared to the second half

The Sixon Website
Silver/Dixon
Old 05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
i know
Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Ratings went up a tenth of a point. Not that good.

icon
Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm like, the only person that liked it! I thought it set up next season really well actually, I'm desperate to see what happens. It's obvious Naomi is gonna be the main character next season, which draws no complaints from me. I'm confused why her fans are pissed though, she's been given the meatiest storyline? People are saying the writers hate her, I'm convinced they love her!

Dixon/Ivy: Okay, they're boring, but they didn't take up too much of the episode and I thought it was nice how neatly they wrapped up the D/S kiss - it showed their strength (and growth) as a couple IMO, before this episode their relationship was much more flimsy.

Silver/Teddy: These two have ZERO chemistry, but they were cute. Hardly had any screentime, which is no bad thing and actually made the couple better lol. D/I and S/T were definitely the weakest part of the episode, heck the whole season, but they were really a backseat so I don't get why everyones complaining.

Navid/Ade: Awww! I quite like the tour with Javier cliffhanger (if you could call it a cliffhanger), it gives them a story for next season rather than being the boring happy-in-love couple. They can be happy in love with obstacles - it's much more realistic. They were so cute though!

Annie/Liam: Their story was good, and together as a pairing they're very strong. Shenae and Matt might not be outstanding actors on their own, but they have great chemistry and each enhances the other I think. Look at Teddy and Silver - I happen to think the actors are very talented, Teddy shocked me when he lost it with his dad, but they share no chemistry. I liked that they left Annie's confession open, because the truth is we don't need to see it. We know how it would play out - her parents would be supportive, but urge her to confess. I think watching the lead up to the confession is much more poignant than the confession itself. Liam's story was great, because we see how much character growth he's gone through this season only to slip up with Jasper and tear it all back down again. Boy's gonna have some trouble next season! Looking forward to how it pans out.

Debbie/Harry/Ryan/Jen: Debbie and Harry's marriage breakdown was great, and had a really good build up. Actors were really good. Ryan? It was necessary to have him come to the school because you can tell he's going to be integral in the Naomi/Cannon story next year. But the school setting on fire? Oh, come on.. one step too far. The boat was enough.

Naomi/Cannon: The strongest point of the episode, and I'm glad. I think it played out perfectly; we saw enough to be completely creeped out, but they stopped it so we wanted to see more. It was really, really well made IMO, and I hope they handle it well next season because a well-written rape storyline could push the show into groundbreaking area. It's a dark, brave path for the show to go down but I'm sure it will pay off. Poor old Naomi, AnnaLynne's a great actress. Her face at the end was so haunting! It was pure fear mixed with a sense of realisation and helplessness, like she was just resigning herself to the fact it was gonna happen Gritty stuff. side note: Why are British people always evil?

I'm a fan of dragged out storylines and open endings, I think they're much more realistic, so I guess thats why I didn't mind the finale xD
Old 05-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

This could've been a good finale, but it wasn't IMO. To be nice, it wasn't horrible to me, but it certainly wasn't good or anywhere really decent either. A lot of things were really rushed, everything could've been done a lot better Last years was better IMO. From what I remember things weren't as rushed as they were last night.

We should've freaking found out who the hell hit Jasper's uncle in that hit & run. Are they seriously going to continue this SL into S3? I'm sick of hearing about it. That is the case now, I guess, but when they continue this bs, I want & hope that it's done & over with quick. They've been dragging it out & now it's enough IMO.

Didn't we get a spoiler or something saying that we would find out? I think it's Ryan who was responsible for it, might be wrong, but I guess we'll see.

Dixon/Ivy - They're kinda blah now to me I feel like they're rushing them, especially with what Dixon said about Ivy. She's the center of his world...lol, okay. Sorry, I just thought that was ridiculous.

Liam/Naomi - Nice job ruining them writers Thanks for ruining the potential that I once upon a time saw, oh & making me fall out of love with them. I appreciate it. They love each other, right? Well then, idk shouldn't Naomi not listening to Liam be something they could work at if they really loved each other? Doesn't make sense to me./endrant

Teddy/Silver - They're still together. No comment. Enough said.

Annie/Liam - Woo, I love these two. I didn't really think that I would earlier, but I do <3 I don't think they're rushed, so my only worry rn is that they will get rushed. Wouldn't surprise me Seems to be something that happens a lot with the couples on 90210, IMO.

Navid/Adrianna - Yessss the only couple, that to me, has a shot They better not mess them up.

Annie - I wish we could've seen her tell her parents the truth. I'm neutral on Annie I guess. I sometimes like her, and I sometimes don't. Tonight, I felt really bad for her. That scene with Liam actually brought tears to my eyes but maybe I was hormonal It surprised me. I think Shenae did a good job.

Naomi - Can't say I didn't see what was coming. "The girl who cried wolf" lmao, I knew that was going to be said. Hopefully the writers will be good to her in the next season.

That's all I have for now, this is probably the longest post I've ever typed out on FF
Old 05-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TBH, if the hadn't of gave us any spoilers, I think it would have been good.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

I think it would have been an even bigger disappointment had we been spoilerless. At least we knew on some level it wasn't going to be great yet we're still shocked over how bad it actually was. Imagine that we'd been expecting it to be good...

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsodaqueen (View Post)
TBH, if the hadn't of gave us any spoilers, I think it would have been good.
Yup. Now to get on these SLs.

Lets get it out the way.

Dixon/Ivy: I have no problem w/ what's going on, ppl are like that's not realistic they've been on 2 dates, they've known ea. other 1/2 the yr. since freaking October. They are on the same sports team, hanged out together, what's going on between them is working towards a RL. They aren't in love, notice neither one has said it, Dixon saying she is his world is just to explain how close she is to him, in being able to trust her, tell her things he can't tell anyone else, hang out with. His parents don't make sense to him, his sister *although most of that is his fault* doesn't make sense to him, what's going on at home, what happened w/ his ex. doesn't make sense to him...Ivy does. It's not love...but it most likely over the summer will turn into that.

Silver/Teddy: I so knew she wasn't going to tell him about the kiss, which is funny b/c she tells him about his father, he rages out *it was somewhat ok, but just* so after he defends her honor next season, she's still sitting on that I kissed Dixon BUT I WAS DRUNK secret. IDK what to say about these two. Don't ask me.

Navid/Adrianna: First let me say there is nothing natural about this SL between them, half of Adrianna's SL arcs don't make sense at all, add Navid stalking her *sorry but it just feels like that when you're everywhere she is* I can't get into them, the cliffhanger between them should have been Javid or Javier or Jethan just stopping her in a hallway like Teddy did to Adrianna early this season and offer her that scenerio, tour w/ me for the year or stay out here..that would have been a cliffhanger

Debbie/Harry: Were the definition of CLIFFHANGER b/c all you thought was OMG WTF just happened here, add to that Annie about to confess and Dixon just walking out, your jaw is just left open.

Liam/Annie: I like that they didn't give the kiss, you leave that dangling, I also like how Annie finally told someone she's a crappy person b/c she believes she killed that man. Nuff said. Then coming to make a confession, again you're left like WTF!? NO I WAITED ALL SEASON FOR THIS?! But you'll tune in s3.

Ryan/Jen: Well what to say, Jen pretty much HBIC and then some, told Ryan to go to hell, she's obvs. within reason, remember he turned his back on her after he said 'he'd accept her w/ all her faults' I have no problem w/ her shutting him out of her baby's life.

Naomi: Sucks to be you... liar, manipulator, stuck up...trusted the wrong person, got dumped, uses a car that sucks and add raped by the person she falsely accused. And now the only person that has any idea what happened was drunk out of his mind causing a fire.

All in all it wasn't bad. It wasn't great or AMAZING or KICK ASS...but it was cliffhanger central b/c we're left w/ so many questions which if they can do justice to, makes a heck of a s3, but the HW staff just isn't that smart to accomplish this.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

I didn't mind the finale but it wasn't nearly as "OMG" as TPTB made it out to be. Nonetheless, I actually liked how they handled the Naomi storyline. I was wondering how they were going to spin Mr. Cannon actually raping her since he seemed so genuinely hurt by her accusations before, but I think they made it clear that he's pretty effed up in the head. It's a dark storyline, and I'm glad that they adapted Mr. Cannon (although I liked him when he was nice) to fit it accordingly. There are people in the world that actually think like he does in the finale and it's scary and messed up.

For awhile there, I was actually wondering if they were going to play a huge switcheroo since Ryan was at the school and drunk, but that would be total character assassination for him (though he's kind of doing that on his own anyway...) or at least have Ryan save her, especially since over-all in this episode, Ryan was totally pointless. I didn't get the thing with him driving away in a wreck... the fire was not big enough to really do anything and I think he would have been drunk/high regardless of whether or not he found out about the baby. I wish he would do something productive about it instead of moping, though. His entire reaction to the pregnancy SL seemed like a joke.

I thought Navid&Ade were well handled, and Ivy&Dixon too. Both got adorable reconciliation scenes, I especially liked Navid&Ade's being on air. I think that Dixon thinking Ivy is "the center of his world" isn't too unbelievable. They're teenagers and thus over-dramatic anyways, but also even though they've only gone on two official dates, they've spent a lot of time with each other outside of that. I think it's hilarious and awesome that Dixon ran away to Australia while his parents were fighting.

Harry/Debbie prove they can actually act, unlike most of their younger co-stars, in their fighting scenes. They portray a real married couple very well, it even makes me feel a little uncomfortable watching them fight.

Annie and Liam were actually cute, and I'm a Liomi fan. I'm so glad the episode didn't end with them kissing or anything, that would be entirely too cliche for a finale. Although, not much development was made at all on Annie's storyline aside from her wanting to tell people what happened. I want to actually know what went down and move on... I felt so bad for Liam's boat when it caught on fire, too! It was pretty. When Liam was talking about how he had an idea for what to name it but changed his mind... I'm assuming he was going to name it Liomi? I'm sad that Liomi isn't together anymore but not that sad at the same time because I feel like S2 Liam is different from S1 Liam and Liam even admitted it himself, he's changed. This Liam seems like a better fit with Annie but old Liam seems more right with Naomi. I wonder if those two will ever reconcile because now it will seem forced if they do.

I guess the only other thing that happened was Silver/Teddy, but I really do not care. So much for 'confessions' too, she hasn't mentioned the broom closet kiss...
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Agreed with all points, In Fair Verona