Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

I get that, but I just thought it was sweet like Naomi and Silver. It was too hopeful, yes, but I thought it was pretty genuine.

icon
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First thing that i have to say before i go to school:

IVY stop saying DUDE! and please .... nice try to hide how you feel about Liam, even teddy noticed

and funny how you call Naomi malibu barbie when you are the one with long blonde hair and is dressed up in a mini purple dress
Old 11-04-2009, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

Not one of the best episodes, maybe one of the worst although it did have some good moments. It was nice getting to see Navid take center to an episode but I don't like that both Naomi and Silver were relegated to about three scenes each. Teddy and Ivy didn't bug me as much but I'm consistently getting the impression that the Kirshner would rather be telling the seasons story through her two main guest stars rather then the cast we already have. Every episode one or two of the regulars are either not featured at all in the episode or else have about three random scenes while Teddy has been featured majorly in every episode so far and it appears that Ivy will be doing the same.

I understood why Annie was so lost and desperate at the thought of losing Jasper. To her, he's all that she has. She's alone, she clearly has limited self esteem and Jasper appears to be the only one who understands her. I don't think Annie is stupid but I do think that she's going to turn a blind eye on this. It's silly yes but in the eyes of the messed up teenager that she has become, it's probably what is most logical to her. Fail on both Harry and Deb for the constant lack of parenting or even noticing her, although I guess they had their hands ful tonight.

I felt bad for Dixon at the end of tonights episode. Regarding Sasha he was stupid, yes. He was annoying, yes but now he feels guilty and sad about her losing the baby and he shouldn't because she lied to him. She wasn't right in the head and she was lying to him so her actions weren't his fault and he shouldn't have to feel guilty about it. I just didn't understand Deb's reason in lying unless she wants to teach him some longterm lesson in safe sex...

Naomi was barely in this episode and it annoys me that this is not the first time that it's happened this season. It looks like they cut out a scene with Jamie right after she talks with Silver so obviously she just didn't have an important enough role in the episode.

Nor did Silver either apparently. And I guess it's nice to have a change of pace from the cancer storyline but still, I felt the lack of the two girls the entire way through the episode. Teddy and her did have a nice moment near the end, nothing that makes me want them to hook up but it makes me hate the inevitable a little less.

Navid finally got featured heavily and in a lot of scenes for a change. I liked it. I liked his scene with Annie although I don't really remember them ever being friends. More like he's her brothers friend. But he pointed out that he had no reason to want to lie to her and I'm glad that she understood it and didn't go all, your a beverly hills lemming on him. I'm definetly interested to se how this whole Jasper vs Navid thing might play out. It'd be interesting to see Navid take him on. I'm 100% on Navid's team in regards to how he dealt with Adrianna too. He wasn't downright awful to her but he did throw some good home truths at her. He was there for her through everything and then she didn't even have enough respect for him to be honest with him. He did all he could to help her in what he saw as a limited capacity, she's not his girlfriend and he can't look out for her anymore. She proved that she would look out for herself first with him and now he has to the same. This is why they should use Navid more. I love him.

Although I'm 100% with Navid, I did understand what could possibly drive Adrianna to drugs again. She felt like crap, it's known that she doesn't know how to deal with feeling this way by herself and it makes her vulnerable. Walking into the party and seeing Teddy with Silver and Navid with the ladies was probably a double blow. We didn't see her take the drugs so I hope it's just a false alarm but either way, I do understand what made her feel the need for drugs at that exact moment.

Liam, Ivy and Teddy are a group that I could do without. We lost out on Trio scenes for this threesome. As I already said both Ivy and Teddy were less annoying but I still don't appreciate how much time they need to take up. I'm not really surprised Liam hooked up with Ivy since he had Mathews yelling at him, Jen getting the better of him and Naomi moving on. He did tell her that he wanted nothing serious and he seemed to take a moment to make that very clear. There's nothing about the hookup that doesn't say rebound. He clearly isn't over Naomi, it's made clear everytime he looks at her and I'm glad Ivy and Liam have hooked up sooner rather then later so we don't have to watch a slow and painful build up. Plus stop with all the boy jokes Ivy, it's sooooo annoying. It's like the cut out dude and replaced it with a bunch of gross boy jokes.

I kind of liked Jen and Ryan tonight. They made me laugh with the whole fine we're dating scene. I liked seeing Jen caught off guard but I think it's sad that she now is only worried about Liam because of Ryan... And it also bugged that they both ruined was had been a good episode for them by reverting back to their old ways at the end of the epsisde. Jen with lies and Ryan with being a moron. Did like the Ryan/Liam scene at the start though, we should get more of those.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-04-2009, 03:30 AM
New Fan

Funny how some people didn't like this ep. I thought this was better than all the rest of season 1 and 2 put together.

Debbie & Sasha! Some great TV right there.

Annie & Jasper w/ Ade buying a stash when Annie's right there. They didn't show if Annie saw anything though.

Ade walking down the stairs at the party!

The whole Liam, Jen and Ryan triangle. Still wonder what Liam is building. And I like Liam and Ivy at the end.

I laughed at the way Dixon answered his parents on what was up.

Still don't like the whole Silver and Teddy thing, but it was interesting in how it played out when Ade arrived at the party.

And lots of Navid crossing paths between different subplots.

Yeah, I liked this ep.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

also sasha is one fast writer when it comes to texts. sweetie let the guy read the text before you write the next one
Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

Just watched it and I enjoyed it for the most part. Yes it was weird having Liam/Teddy/Ivy scenes since all three of them are new charecters and not part of the original cast. But I do kind of like Liam/Ivy together for now and I am starting to like Ivy, sure she has long blonde hair and dressed up for a party but she isnt as girly as Naomi which is why she sees Naomi as a malibu barbie.

Adrianna is going down that sad path again, cant wait to see how this storyline plays out (to bad Brenda wont be back to help her kick the habit again) but hopefully it doesnt fully end up with her and Navid dating again anytime this season. Adrianna isnt used to feeling so much pain without the help of drugs so this should somewhat streangthen her in the long run.

Needed more Naomi/Silver.

LOVED Debbie this episode! They finally gave her some scenes and put her to some good use. They should do it more often, she was one of the highlights. Espically when she put Sasha in her place.

But I am still longing for this group of kids to finally come together and actually hang out like friends! Even though its better than last season, they are still isolated from each other except they have broken off into pairs of 3 or 4.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

^ Not sure how likely we're gonna get the original group to hang out though, given the rifts between Adrianna/Navid and Naomi/Annie and the awkwardness between Silver/Dixon.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
But I am still longing for this group of kids to finally come together and actually hang out like friends! Even though its better than last season, they are still isolated from each other except they have broken off into pairs of 3 or 4.
According to everyone else they are fine this way, heck I bitched about this in the S&S thread here, that's the main reason I started the "90210 OH Snap" thread they never have them interact, and the one person they never let hangout w/ anyone well of the opposite sex is Dixon. They make sure they keep him farrrrrrrrr away from anybody that is not Liam/Navid or the human Ken doll. Liam is the same way only not to that extent. Welcome to the only intereaction you'll see to bond them will prbly be tragic events or out of LF pop ins.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
According to everyone else they are fine this way
I don't get how you suddenly expect them to all be friends with the situations they're in. I would love Naomi to have scenes with Dixie but that's not gonna happen until SD make up. And now with Adrianna losing Navid, her having scenes with Dixon has reduced as well. Things need to settle before everyone is suddenly BFFs. Or it'd be like last year with SD magically having conversations with Ade, I'd rather see build up.

Teddy gets to have scenes with them all because he has no loyalty/real friendships with any of them.

ETA: WHAT IS LIAM BUILDING? It's getting bigger. And Ivy, urgh, you surfing dudette. I guess she can't spell rebound.

Last edited by heartlines; 11-04-2009 at 09:17 AM
Old 11-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't get how you suddenly expect them to all be friends with the situations they're in. I would love Naomi to have scenes with Dixie but that's not gonna happen until SD make up. And now with Adrianna losing Navid, her having scenes with Dixon has reduced as well. Things need to settle before everyone is suddenly BFFs. Or it'd be like last year with SD magically having conversations with Ade, I'd rather see build up.

Teddy gets to have scenes with them all because he has no loyalty/real friendships with any of them.
Well said, see this makes sense to me!

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

With much do respect they don't even have builds up, it's basically all random "oh hi remember me type scenes" build ups she tells me, when I see that I believe it, although the Ken doll excuse that's the first logical one that makes sense to me, which I hope is the case.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Guys, we've added a rant thread to the board. The negativity over the show and the storylines is starting to take over the episode discussions and a lot of threads so just stick to discussing the episodes in here and if you feel like venting drop into the rant thread.

http://www.fanforum.com/f296/90210-g...d-op-62923166/

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I understood why Annie was so lost and desperate at the thought of losing Jasper. To her, he's all that she has. She's alone, she clearly has limited self esteem and Jasper appears to be the only one who understands her. I don't think Annie is stupid but I do think that she's going to turn a blind eye on this. It's silly yes but in the eyes of the messed up teenager that she has become, it's probably what is most logical to her. Fail on both Harry and Deb for the constant lack of parenting or even noticing her, although I guess they had their hands ful tonight.
Mhmm, I definitely think Annie is going to look past any kind of behavioral problems Jasper has shown, if he was in the first season, she'd verbally kick his butt Like she did with Ethan for not being the same guy she met before in the beginning of the show. But her standards have definitely lowered.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
4) If Silver flirts with middle-aged Teddy, and pre-menopausal Ivy macks on Liam, does that make Sasha any less of a cougar for bedding Dixon?
TV Guide Magazine | 90210 | 90210 Pop Quiz!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

I'm still in shock over how badly Sasha lost the plot tonight.

My Tumblr
My Twitter