Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Nate Archibald Episode Discussion: Nate Archibald Episode Discussion: 4x22: "The Wrong Goodbye"'

4x01: "Belles Du Jours"

airs: September 13, 2010 @ 9 p.m. Eastern

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:

SEASON FOUR KICKS OFF IN THE CITY OF LIGHTS! OMP! — Blair (Leighton Meester) has spent a fabulous summer in Paris without realizing her former love, Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick), has been shot. As much as Blair tries to distract herself from the pain Chuck caused her, his mysterious appearance in Paris with a beautiful new woman (guest star Clémence Poésy) will force both of them to face what happened. Meanwhile, a newly single Serena (Blake Lively) has been enjoying a Parisian summer of love with boys, Blair and Balenciaga as she tries to avoid the inevitable decision about which of her two long-time beaus, Dan or Nate (Penn Badgley and Chace Crawford), she should return to. Back on the Upper East Side, Nate meets an intriguing girl, Juliet (guest star Katie Cassidy, “Melrose Place”), who helps him realize that his summer of sexual conquests with the help of Chuck’s little black book was his way of avoiding his unresolved feelings for Serena. Meanwhile, Dan’s (Penn Badgley) baby mama drama continues with Georgina (guest star Michelle Trachtenberg). Finally, the van der Woodsen apartment is buzzing with activity as the “Fashion’s Night Out” event is planned. Jessica Szohr, Kelly Rutherford and Matthew Settle also star. Mark Piznarski directed the episode written by executive producers Joshua Safran and Stephanie Savage (#401).

PROMO

RULES:

1. All spoilers must stay in the Nate S&S thread until the episode airs at 9 p.m. Eastern.
2. This is a discussion thread. Everyone has their own opinion. Respect each other. Play nice. Not everyone is going to agree with everything.
3. Enjoy the episode and Have Fun!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Nate is the ONLY thing I'm looking forward to for Season 4.
I love how redeemed he was last season, and seeing him pained, but his normal lighthearted, funny self will make the season for me.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I hope they keep him this awesome.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Blair and Serena are the most bipolar friendship ever. Literally, I’m hating them for 40 minutes and then the damn ending gets me. Damn you, Blair Waldorf and me caring for your happiness.

AND WE ARE BACK! I enjoyed myself. And I wrote during commercials only, so I’m not as organized as I usually am.

Blair’s all about the clothes and Serena’s all about the bros. It works for them both.

Nate’s in a 24/7 orgy. Woo

Eric and Elliot are in Italy. So, um, what? They’re together that fast that LR left them alone? I guess they can’t get pregnant.

BRUCE THE BASS FAMILY LAYWER is back! OMG! I couldn’t believe my eyes. He needs to speak with Lily. OMG! SHE IS GONNA FIND OUT ABOUT SHOOTING! I swear, I truly did not believe it would happen. SOMEONE LOVES ME! vdB FOREVER ♥

Oh, lord. Moment B said Brown I knew S was going to Columbia. Oh eff me. I swear, last year I was screaming it, but I need more time to adjust. I JUST WANTED BN AT COLUMBIA TOGETHER! WHY NOW?!? At least we know why Daddy went to Columbia when we know that S’s parents went to Brown and Harvard. Columbia Med.

JULIET IS AMAZING ALREADY! Really, Supernatural is the only place I’ve seen her. I’m so ready for her!

I AM A SUCKER! DV ♥ Yeah, I feel into a puddle of goo the moment he opened the door. I can’t be angry (okay, yes, I can with D/L convo at the end, but I'm taking deep breaths to not think about that). I’m so glad we got to “learn” about the baby through DV. Woot! So glad V mentioned the paternity test. Needs to happen!

I finished the ep, it’s hard to comment on B/S after the fact. LMAO. Because, like I said, 40 minutes hating them.

ELEANOR! And with Lily and Rufus. Blair has no parents. And Eleanor LOVES the baby! Anastasia! I love that mentions, though. ELEANOR HAS NAME TAG AS BASS! THANK YOU! THERE IS A GOD! All right, Stephanie, you get a cookie.

“Yours, not ours.” YES! THANK YOU, RUFUS! I’m glad Rufus don’t like the family crap. Chuck is Lily’s family, that doesn’t mean he’s anything to the Humphreys. THANK YOU. I can’t find any moment where I hate Rufus. Damn you all to hell. (But Vanessa told Dan that Rufus called/asked, something...I’m waiting for VR.)

Awkward double date. I really do hate what they writers are doing to Blair, even if he wasn’t a driver in the end.

Nate and Lily! I hear the VR/LN shippers jumping for joy! They gots to find their boy!!!! Nate and Georgie! *giggles* I enjoyed that.

Georgie/Baby is the most precious thing ever. PLEASE HOLD BABY MORE?!?!? She looks adorable holding baby! Can we KEEP baby, now?

I was happy with the push. It wasn’t in the 3x08 cake!push way. It was..I will tell them you fell in the water. Why would they believe that? *PUSH* I really enjoyed Blair’s words to S. YES. I AGREE!

SCARF. I SEE YOU! OMG! GET OFF THE SKANK RIGHT NOW! Please, let Chuck have Scarf back RIGHT NOW! IT IS ALIVE. I SEE IT! She stole it from Nate’s room. He sleeps with it every night. GIVE IT BACK!

So, I’m not super great with my Audrey, but this was ironic, right? That he really was the prince. Also, didn’t this happen-ish with Marcus two years ago? Enough already.

Plus, Blair WOULD be like that, though. She’s superficial. We know this. She has standards. What’s wrong with liking some class?

Rufus still wouldn’t believe after Dan called and got a confirmation. SMART MAN! *shuts mouth* I DID NOT SAY THAT. YOU HAVE NO PROOF!

Who in the eff is Juliet? I’m curious about her and about Nate’s issues. ♥ I love you, Natie. Stay strong!

V/G on the phone! Woot! Love you girls! Vanessa will stand by Dan. She’s his bestie; he’s her bestie. And Georgie grabs her passport and hightales it the eff out of there.

Blair confessed she’s not over Chuck. Duh. She didn’t respond super well at the museum. I don’t think that’s an issue with her character. She needs to find a way to get through it, but it’s not easy. And she needs her bestie. I never know what I feel about these girls together!

DUN DUN DUN. FLASHBACKS! MAJOR FLASHBACKS! Pilot JC and SC. CN fight! Oh man, goodies!!! SO, wait, he’s faking this? Oh, Charles Bass…I’m captivated by everything you do. I have no self control. ♥
Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

HATED the DL convo, too, Jackie. Basically, I just hate Dan.
But NJu - I'm intrigued about.
Hopefully Nate will get to be happy for a few episodes after all the crap Serena put him through.

Also, a bit of an OT note:

Would anyone be interested in co-modding my NS site with me?
I'd still be willing to pay for the domain name and everything, but I have literally NO interest in watching the new season, so I need to find someone who's willing to download the episodes and then clip and screencap them for the site. I'd do everything else.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I don't even know if they're gonna do NJu romantically....

Honestly, I would, if I had a clue on how to clip and screencap. (Unless you can give me a tutorial...)

And maybe you wanna affiliate with the board?
Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Doesn't sound interesting tbh. Glad I don't watch.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I'm too much of a goner to stop. Crack is BAD for you.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
I don't even know if they're gonna do NJu romantically....

Honestly, I would, if I had a clue on how to clip and screencap. (Unless you can give me a tutorial...)

And maybe you wanna affiliate with the board?
I have a feeling they will. I basically just hope he gets to be happy.

And thanks so much for offering, :lol, but I found someone! I don't plan on watching anymore eps for a while, I need a break. And my poor NS shipping heart does, too.

And actually, I sent a message to the affiliates manager yesterday. I'm supposed to be added tomorrow. But thanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

About time this site gets added!

Well, Nate's still in love with her, so that's great. But, I :applaud: you for taking a step back with a break. I wish I could. Hopefully, one day, it'll all be worth it!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

You don't know how badly I hope that one day all of my blood, sweat and tears will be worth it. I'm still generally positive about the new season, but, after the finale, I'm a bit apprehensive. And I'm just not willing to sit through an NSD triangle.

I just hope that one day, Nate gets to be truly happy one day, preferably with Serena, the girl he's always loved, but most of all, I just want him to find someone who appreciates him - and if that's not Serena - then oh well, her loss.

But I swear, if NS don't end up together, I officially give up on shipping. I always love the couples that don't end up together!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Same, Chelsea. I can count on one hand how many times my couple makes it to the finale. And I start shipping from the first episodes.

Nate's happiness..that's what I want, too. Hopefully he's able to find it some way with someone.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just hope that one day, Nate gets to be truly happy one day, preferably with Serena, the girl he's always loved, but most of all, I just want him to find someone who appreciates him - and if that's not Serena - then oh well, her loss.
This so much! I only care about Nates happiness now.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

I always love your recaps Jackie

I enjoyed the paris parts of the episode, more because of the fact that it was in Paris than bc of the story itself! The double date thing was so cliché, I'm surprised I didn't see it coming! So I won't say bad things about it bc it actually worked on me!

I think Juliet can be interesting! Idk if they want to make us believe she's Gossip Girl, but my theory is that she's just a psychopath who wants to be part of this world so madly that it's becoming insane To what I say, porr Natie, but that can be entertaining, so we'll see
Old 09-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Thanks. Glad you enjoy!

Paris is so beautiful. I love the contrast with Paris and New York. Great directing.

The double date and then the fake out is cliche. *sighs*

I'm so ready for Juliet! I'm excited!