Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
FINALLY the truth about Aiden is out! It only took a year to get out I will admit that Im not the biggest Liz fan but I love JJ and RH together on screen, so I do want to see them back together.
i haven't even watched the episode yet but THIS!

And I heart Spinelli...as a minority gotta voice the love
Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Today was fantastic, everything I was hoping for in the truth finally coming out. Can not wait to get home and watch it again on my dvr tomorrow.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *PassionateJ* (View Post)
i haven't even watched the episode yet but THIS!

And I heart Spinelli...as a minority gotta voice the love
I LOVE Spinelli. He's adorable. I was so happy to see him trend on twitter...TWICE

So happy Lisa is gone. I blame Patrick for this crap.

And finally they are reuniting Spixie. I've waited forever. Now Maxie can regain her screen-time that the pairing with Matt took away from her. I never got M/M. I always read that they weren't popular in the mailroom and Spixie were yet Guza continued to push them. I already know I'm gonna like this new writer.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I haven't really hated Spinelli in the past and I think Bradford is a good actor, but I think the extent to which they take his schtick is dated. EVERYTHING becomes a comedy, and there's no opportunity for growth there. At some point, he needs to grow out of this a little. He won't be a kid forever. He's not really one now, lol, as much as JaSam were acting like he was THEIR kid yesterday. And Bradford's ability to pull off dramatic scenes gets lost 99% of the time in things like this.

As for Spixie, I don't know or care how M&M were received by the larger audience- *I* liked them, and Maxie in the relationship for the first time in years. Yes, they had limited airtime, but Maxie actually appeared to be growing up, and she can't with Spinelli if he doesn't grow past the way he acts now. When he is limited by his schtick, so is she. And even if they do put them back together, they need not to insult my intelligence by simply pretending the way they broke up didn't happen. They also need to allow Spinelli to mess up in this relationship sometimes, because little annoys me more than this typical "geek guy/hot girl" relationship where the girl ALWAYS has to be the heavy, ala Meredith/George on Grey's Anatomy and Tyra/Landry on Friday Night Lights. There's no balance, and that's not fair to Maxie who unlike Spinelli is a legacy character with numerous ties to the canvas that date back decades. She should be at least as important as he is, and she hasn't been to date in Spixie. I don't even like Maxie a lot of the time, but her integrity matters too, and you wouldn't know it from how the writers always have her be the screw-up in Spixie.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
As for Spixie, I don't know or care how M&M were received by the larger audience- *I* liked them, and Maxie in the relationship for the first time in years. Yes, they had limited airtime, but Maxie actually appeared to be growing up, and she can't with Spinelli if he doesn't grow past the way he acts now. When he is limited by his schtick, so is she. And even if they do put them back together, they need not to insult my intelligence by simply pretending the way they broke up didn't happen. They also need to allow Spinelli to mess up in this relationship sometimes, because little annoys me more than this typical "geek guy/hot girl" relationship where the girl ALWAYS has to be the heavy, ala Meredith/George on Grey's Anatomy and Tyra/Landry on Friday Night Lights. There's no balance, and that's not fair to Maxie who unlike Spinelli is a legacy character with numerous ties to the canvas that date back decades. She should be at least as important as he is, and she hasn't been to date in Spixie. I don't even like Maxie a lot of the time, but her integrity matters too, and you wouldn't know it from how the writers always have her be the screw-up in Spixie.
All if this!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Loyal Fan

On the subject of airtime, Guza took airtime away from Maxie. Not Matt. A character is not in control of how and what a writer provides. And to be honest, Maxie has been on-sceen with different people far more than Matt has been on, even after they began dating. That said, Matt is subject to Guza's and Korte's whims and fancies like all the other characters. Guza never truly gave M&M a chance, and, yes, Wolf apparently will continue that. But that's unfortunate because they have untapped potential. I like them and I think Matt's really good for Maxie. But, based on what I keep being told, clearly I'm part of the minority.

Quote:
I haven't really hated Spinelli in the past and I think Bradford is a good actor, but I think the extent to which they take his schtick is dated. EVERYTHING becomes a comedy, and there's no opportunity for growth there. At some point, he needs to grow out of this a little. He won't be a kid forever. He's not really one now, lol, as much as JaSam were acting like he was THEIR kid yesterday. And Bradford's ability to pull off dramatic scenes gets lost 99% of the time in things like this.

Totally get what you're saying. If Spinelli is continued to be written the way he is, in buffoonery mode, then it's hard to take him and any romantic Spixie reunion seriously. Like you, I don't like Maxie a lot of the time either, but I've liked her a lot when she is with Matt. I would rather see her as a growing character in an adult relationship in small spurts than see her with more airtime in mostly comedic scenes. But, we won't all see things the same way. And, again, it seems I'm in the minority, lol.

Btw, guys, until the end of July we'll still be seeing Guza's handiwork. GW’s scripts start on air around July 25.

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler

Last edited by jnnj; 06-22-2011 at 10:26 AM
Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Now, I thought today was good on the whole- loved LL2, thought Scrubs had some good stuff, and loved Mac getting to talk for more than five seconds- but OH MY GOD. That Spinelli nonsense. I don't even know what to say. It's SO ridiculous. And dude, did Guza forget we SAW Spixie break up? Because we did, and Maxie straight up said she wasn't in love with him. Not this "I didn't want him to be in danger" nonsense.
You know how writers tend to uh...rewrite, oh that's right, rewrites when it suits them to make them look like none of stuff never happened? So don't be surprised that Maxie would say such things that I ended it with him because it was too danger for him, like wtf is she smoking?!

She's nowhere near mobster-vibe so how in the hell is that danger to Spinelli? Plus he is working for Jason, JASON MORGAN, aka he's living danger life every single day, so how is this making any sense? He lives right under his nose every single day that full of enemies are targeting him everywhere. Spinelli works for him, yeah, he's cracking so many laws under the keyboards so that makes it danger for him, you know.

So what Maxie said is just...doesn't make any sense because Spinelli lives danger a lot more than Maxie since she's nowhere near that code. So again, it's rewritten on writers' just to make them happen just because they couldn't face their past mistake and correct it. It's so lazy part on them.

Quote:
All I can say is THIS, THIS, FRACKING THIS, YES, THIS, THIS, THIS!

What was last time Spinelli actually fcked up in Spixie's relationship? Oh no, I couldn't think of one! But Maxie? I could list 100 lists of things she has messed up to make herself look bad in the eye of audience. So yeah, so much for my girl to be thrown under the bus for the oh so saint victim Spinelli with his oh boofreakingpoo feelings that he's so butthurt every time, poor baby.

Last edited by deep within me; 06-22-2011 at 11:13 AM
Old 06-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think I could take watching SpinMax get back together.

I want MM together.

I don't know why they even cast him if they weren't going to doing with MM really.

I really hope this new writer will give a chance.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnj (View Post)
On the subject of airtime, Guza took airtime away from Maxie. Not Matt. A character is not in control of how and what a writer provides. And to be honest, Maxie has been on-sceen with different people far more than Matt has been on, even after they began dating. That said, Matt is subject to Guza's and Korte's whims and fancies like all the other characters. Guza never truly gave M&M a chance, and, yes, Wolf apparently will continue that. But that's unfortunate because they have untapped potential. I like them and I think Matt's really good for Maxie. But, based on what I keep being told, clearly I'm part of the minority.

Totally get what you're saying. If Spinelli is continued to be written the way he is, in buffoonery mode, then it's hard to take him and any romantic Spixie reunion seriously. Like you, I don't like Maxie a lot of the time either, but I've liked her a lot when she is with Matt. I would rather see her as a growing character in an adult relationship in small spurts than see her with more airtime in mostly comedic scenes. But, we won't all see things the same way. And, again, it seems I'm in the minority, lol.

Btw, guys, until the end of July we'll still be seeing Guza's handiwork. GW’s scripts start on air around July 25.
Matt is an unflessed, never written for character, who never had a major storyline, and they stuck Maxie in a relationship with him. Reducing her screen time and giving her no story becasue she is with a character the writer never knew what to do with. Thats why I blame the Matt character. Guza/Brian were relying on the Shelle magic from Days, and it backfired because they don't know what to do with Matt.

And really everything is is really preference. I adored Maxie in Spixie. She was hilarious had screentime and made me love her more. It wasn't until Matt that she began to bore me cause she was turning into a character as pointless as Matt.

And I see Spinelli as a romantic lead. He's a regular guy. Not every romantic lead has to be 6'2, muscular and with a stone cold personality like Jason.

Spixie is back and I'm enjoying it!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

She acted like a child with Spinelli. She was scooped down to only rely in silly "comedic" performances because that's all Spin is, a joke. (IMO, of course)

All she did was complain on how she wanted more than Spinelli, he wasn't enough for her, how she wasn't really attracted to him like she was to other, ie: Matt, Johnny, Lucky.. PC in general..
She constantly cheated on him and he he kept putting her in danger just to prove on how "manly" he was.

With Matt, she actually grew as a character instead of being in a SpinMax shell. Had more of an open to get more screentime with Robin/Patrick. Was actually improving in her selfish needs. More open and aware of actually being in a healthy relationship. It's sad that the writers had him get shot in order to get Maxie's attention. Please.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
He's a regular guy.
He's nothing approaching a regular guy that I've ever seen. No regular- or sane- person talks like that. All my guy friends are regular guys. My brother is a regular guy. And my brother would refuse to speak to Spinelli for more than two minutes unless he stops talking like that.

ETA: and I hate Jason, lol, so that's a bad example for me.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

TC did awesome in today's episode. I get why Nikolas doesn't believe Liz, she doesn't have the greatest track record for the truth lately and he doesn't want to lose his son.

I go back and forth about Spinelli. Sometimes I like him and find him endearing, other times he goes overboard and is annoying. But for the most part I like his disposition because of how different and strange he can be, I like that someone like him is being represented on a soap because there are people just like him in everyday life. Plus I have a thing for vocabulary so I tend to enjoy the way he uses words.

However, I don't like Maxie and him together. I don't really like Maxie and Matt together a whole bunch either though I might warm to them if they were shown more and given an adequate storyline. I personally kind of like the idea of Maxie and Lucky, tbh. I know the history is dicey and torrid there but I like their dynamic. I doubt that they`ll be revisited again though.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sad that Tyler is leaving, because his acting was awesome today
Old 06-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand where Nikolas was coming from, but the Jake thing he said really rubbed me the wrong way. JMO, of course though. And I'm a Elizabeth fan first, so that can have something to do with it.

No comment about Spinelli, other than what others have said. I just don't like him, at all. And I don't like Jason either, so that comparison doesn't work for me.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 06-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched yet, but I'm sure Tyler did great. I was already loving his acting by the promo. Sad he's leaving, really.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread