Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
some people get divorced for reasons other than cheating and it's not always so messy.
many people stay on good terms and move on from it all, so i can totally see that being it. he could be speaking fondly of her because although they weren't right for each other, they still cherish and appreciate the life they shared together... who knows? what i do know is that i am just gonna focus on the episodes and ted/robin for now lol.
Yeah, I guess you're right. And I'm with you on the bold part. Right now, it seems we have to settle for friendship scenes (I'll never totally settle for that though, I'll always want more ... it's just the way I am with my ships. lol), but I think that since they broke up they haven't had much interaction. I saw the whole show in less than a week, so it didn't seem like they hadn't had scenes in forever, but now that I think about it, aside for the Slapsgiving episode, Robin's speech at Ted's wedding (which I loved) and last episode, TR haven't had any SL where it was about the two of them nor did they have a scene together without the whole gang. Correct me if I'm wrong though. But considering that now we have to settle for their friendship, their scenes were pretty lacking in the past year. It seems to be improving though, and I hope it continues this way, especially with Robin and Ted moving in together for quite a long time.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

I loved Definitely Maybe! But then, I've always loved Ryan Reynolds and Isla Fisher. Even if Isla Fisher confuses me when she's being American!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Ali
Master Fan

I think I'm a masochist because even though it's pretty much certain that Robin's not the mother... I'm still hoping for them to be together, forever lol.

When are we going to get some mention of Robin's "Don't get married" speech?
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Marie (View Post)
I think I'm a masochist because even though it's pretty much certain that Robin's not the mother... I'm still hoping for them to be together, forever lol.

When are we going to get some mention of Robin's "Don't get married" speech?
i knowwwwww. it's been 2 weeks already and no mention! wth? lol.
i feel like it's gonna somehow come up during some sort of fight or argument or something. it has obviously been pushed under the rug, but it's bound to come up again soon. u dont just say those things and completely forget it has ever been said... maybe they just feel awkward bringing it up again, but something will probably trigger it some time soon, i hope.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Don't worry, I'm a masochist too. I try to get myself distracted with other shows and ships, so that a can "forget" a little about Ted/Robin, the doomed couple. But it's hard, especially everytime I watch an episode, I'm always looking for something special between them or something that gives me hope for the future.

I also hope that Robin's marriage speech comes up again. It was an amazing speech and it really expressed what all of us were thinking. Honestly, I wasn't expecting something nearly as meaningful as that Robin's speech, to ever happen between Ted/Robin again. I hoped for it, but I force myself to not expect it, so I wouldn't be disappointed. So, seeing that beautiful speech I really thought that it was gonna be a big deal between Ted and Robin for future episodes, therefore it was little weird seeing them acting like nothing had happened in the next episodes. He practically told her to not come to the wedding, and yet they never address the issue again? She told him there was still something between them, and yet they never talk about it? Sometimes I wish Stella hadn't bolted, so that the focus at the end of the episode and in the next episode would be Ted digesting Robin's speech and realizing that she was right and he was rushing into the wedding. But then again, if Stella had stayed, they probably would be married, so ..

^I just hope that you're right Shira (I hope that's your name), and they do address the speech again. I have the tendency to not expect certain issues to be brought up again, when it seems they've been forgotten, as it does right now.

Last edited by JLarah; 11-20-2008 at 01:40 PM
Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Ali
Master Fan

I definitely think it will be brought up again, I just don't know when lol. They didn't give us that major scene for no reason. Maybe they'll get into a fight since they're living together now. Maybe over something silly like Ted hogging the bathroom. IDK. And then it'll turn into a discussion about the speech.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

We'll see if they bring it up again. Well they should b/c it was a major speech but then again there are many stand alone episodes and lot of things that already happened haven't been brought up again.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

i cant imagine this not being brought up again.
that scene was NOT the reason ted and stella didn't get married.. therefore it was put in for a reason other than breaking the wedding off.
SO, there is a plan for it.
ali, that's exactly how i picture it. it was obviously pushed aside from both of them and when they argue over something mundane, it will be brought up again because they will get tired of pushing it aside.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Addicted Fan

I hope you guys are right. I can totally see it being brought up during a fight over something stupid.

I just watched Definitely, Maybe .. and omg, it's very similar to the premise of HIMYM. I didn't know that. And it's interesting that he didn't end up with the mother of his daughter. And it was done in a very believable manner. Even the kid was cheering for them. I loved the movie. Very mysterious and sweet.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

awww yay, im glad u watched it.
the entire time, i was rooting for that woman because i felt he was in love with her in a way that wasnt apparent with the other women and just everything reminded me of this show. it's amazing.
and when it's revealed that she is not the mother, you are not upset because you find out that he and the mother are divorced so it still leaves hope for him to end up with the woman you've been rooting for.
that's what im holding on to with this show.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Addicted Fan

I think i should watch that movie. I have high hopes for Ted and Robin and agree that the scene at the wedding had to mean something. Something more than "don't bring your ex to your wedding".

There is just something about these two that I love. I never got why people don't like them.. but each to his/her own. I can never get behind Robin and Barney relationshipwise and a lot of people can so yeah.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
the entire time, i was rooting for that woman because i felt he was in love with her in a way that wasnt apparent with the other women and just everything reminded me of this show. it's amazing.
and when it's revealed that she is not the mother, you are not upset because you find out that he and the mother are divorced so it still leaves hope for him to end up with the woman you've been rooting for.
Yeah, the entire time it was clear that he was meant to be with that girl, but still it was unclear as to whether she was the mother or not and if she was, that would mean they were getting a divorce. So, her not being the mother but the girl he ended up with was great and made perfect sense, especially when she'd been his friend all along. I really hope this is how things turn up to be on the show.

Quote:
There is just something about these two that I love. I never got why people don't like them.. but each to his/her own. I can never get behind Robin and Barney relationshipwise and a lot of people can so yeah.
Right there with you!

I think people don't like TR because they knew since the beginning that they wouldn't end up together and therefore were doomed? I don't know.. it's logical, but unfortunately for me, shipping is not about logic, it's about the way a couple makes you feel when you watch them on screen, and TR just won me over.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

yup. the main reason a lot of people dont ship them is because they knew from the getgo that they were 'doomed'
i started watching the show not really knowing how it was going to play out with the whole mother thing and so by the end of the first episode, i was already shipping ted and robin. i let myself get attached within the first 20 minutes and when he said "aunt" robin, i was disappointed.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
yup. the main reason a lot of people dont ship them is because they knew from the getgo that they were 'doomed'
i started watching the show not really knowing how it was going to play out with the whole mother thing and so by the end of the first episode, i was already shipping ted and robin. i let myself get attached within the first 20 minutes and when he said "aunt" robin, i was disappointed.
I already knew she was "aunt Robin" before I started watching the show, because a friend of mine, who recommended me the show and likes TR as well, had already told me in one of her rants about how unfair it was that she was the Aunt. But still, even though I was warned, I immediately liked TR in the first episode too, which is very unusual for me, because I'm all about the build up. But still, there was something about them that won me over, and the writers didn't screw it up, which was great. They had the mandatory build up and they got together in one of the most beautiful ways. No contrived or over the top cheesy scenes.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

i completely agree. ted might be considered cheesy by some people, but i really just dont see it. there is a difference between being cheesy and romantic and the difference here is that ted is completely genuine. He meant every word he said to her, even if it was only on the first date... and you can see that he meant it.
and what i love about after all the initial stuff happened, robin got a little freaked out, which is very realistic. they decided to just be friends and then we got this great build up which was followed with probably one of my favorite couple union ever (i couldnt find the right word to say a couple getting together lol).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread