Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the thing with ted and robin is that they're aren't at the same place so they could never work romantically...plus he had built her up as his dream girl before really knowing her
Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

We don't know that Plus since this is an appreciation thread, I'd rather focus on why I want to see them together. I'm sure there are better places to discuss the fact that they can't work together.

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 10-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

I agree... we should focus on the positive parts of Ted and Robin in here as much as we can
Old 10-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly...and it's kind of the point of the thread We already know that she's not the mother so we need a safe place to gush about them anyway

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

didn't mean to insult them as a couple but my point was to show how i think they make better friends which i support
Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Nah... I love that they are so different and they don't agree on everything. I'd be bored to death if they did.

This episode reminded just how much I love them. Which actually sucks lol because I don't want to be attached knowing that she isn't the mother.

But I can't help that I love them together.

And I agree that it is going to be really hard to like Ted with the mother unless she turns out to be more amazing than Robin and better for Ted than Robin is... which I think is damn near impossible!
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

ali, i completely agree and actually, i dont think they are better as friends because together, IMO, they were amazing. robin even admitted to ted in this episode that if her feelings were to change about how she sees her future, she liked knowing that he was there and for someone who is so set on what they want, that is a pretty big deal to admit... and the way i see it is that if she were ever ready to want what ted knows he wants, i believe that she would only do it for him because like she told him... if she ever changed her mind, she wants him to be there.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Supreme Fan

The creators can say she's not the mother all they want....they're still my OTP.

They shouldn't have made them so damn cute if they didn't want viewers to get attached!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
The creators can say she's not the mother all they want....they're still my OTP.

They shouldn't have made them so damn cute if they didn't want viewers to get attached!
Seriously. They are torturing us.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

totally agree, haha.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)

I like thinking that it was kinda their point to see if they can make the viewers get attached to a couple even though everybody's aware, they aren't (supposed to be ) the endgame couple.
I personally still believe what I first wrote in this thread, that Ted started to tell his kids his story since the day he met Robin to show them how much he has always loved her and finally announces he leaves the mother to get back with Robin. (Well, maybe it isn't what I trully believe but it is what I hope! ) So, the writers wouldn't need us to like the mother too much, they wouldn't need to write a character who would make a more perfect couple with Ted than Robin does. As much as I really liked Stella as a character, I couldn't buy her lovestory with Ted because of T/R. They made Ted being crazy about Robin whereas he didn't even know her. Then when he got a chance to know her, he was even more in love with her. Whereas he knew she didn't want the same things he wanted, whereas he was supposed to meet 'the perfect girl' for him, whereas his last 'big beautiful romantic stupid gesture' failed, he still wanted to be with her. Everything still made him come back to Robin. Let face the truth, how are we supposed to love his couple with his kids' mother more than the writers made us only adore Ted & Robin? It is quite impossible...

May 11th, 2009 ; LP - CS - FE - ML
-Fanny- Icon: Emel

Last edited by Floveleyton; 10-23-2008 at 03:04 PM
Old 10-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

yeah, they made them too perfect to have her not be the mother. they have to be endgame. it could still be possible.

You make me Feel like I'm living a Teenage Dream,
Let's runaway And don't ever look back
Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

i haven't lost hope.
even if she isn't the mother, i still believe in them.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Supreme Fan

I rewatched the episode with Barney's brother the other day and I realized Ted and Robin were no longer together for his wedding (as it happens after Mashall & Lily's) I remembered that knowing it wasa year from when they were, I looked for a sign to know if they were still together. And I just loved their little dance... So I made a new ani. I wanted to make something special but I'm not that happy with it

May 11th, 2009 ; LP - CS - FE - ML
-Fanny- Icon: Emel
Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, that dance is so cute.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread