Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

i totally agree. anyone can see that he never looked at stella the way he did robin and im glad she noticed it too.
he made it rain for her!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh definitely! I don't want to bash on Stella...too much..., but T/S never even compared to Ted & Robin. Ted "making it rain" for her is still one of my top favorite moments ever. How adorable is he?! I am very anxious to see where their relationship goes from here.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

i didnt mean to bash stella.
its just generally speaking, he hasnt done even half the romantic things he has done for robin to anyone else and i love that robin recognizes it.
and these are the things that really got me so invested in these two. i adore them so much.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Passionate Fan

You didn't bash Stella, i'm sorry if I worded it that way! I was just saying I didn't want to bash her too much! I totally agree with what you are saying! We definitely saw more of the romantic Ted when he was with Robin and it is obvious he truly loved/loves her!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

lol. dont worry. i didnt think you were saying that, but even as i wrote it, i thought maybe someone might get offended by it so i posted to say that it wasnt my intention.

i also love how for the first time, robin actually said that there if there was ever a time that she would change her mind about marriage and kids... that she liked knowing ted was there she always said how there is NO chance of that happening, but obviously she felt differently.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

I loved Ted and Stella (until tonight - that Stella, what a bitch! Ahem. I can say that because I still love her.... in the previous episodes... ) and I love Barney/Robin, but everybody is right. Ted's never been the way he was with Robin, with anybody else.

They're going to have to do something really special when they find the Mother to convince us that she's more perfect for him than Robin is!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They're going to have to do something really special when they find the Mother to convince us that she's more perfect for him than Robin is!
i so agree about this. it's crazy how they keep pushing this thing between them when we all know she isnt the mother. robin brought out the best in ted because all of his already amazing qualities were still there, but we also got to see the romantic side of him that is far superior than the average.
if they want us to be satisfied with the mother, she has a lot to live up to as it relates to not only the way robin made ted feel, but to the amazing ted he was when he was with her.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

The scenes were amazing. Robin's look at the end is heartbreaking. I think she still lhas feelings for Ted, and I love B/R but if in some miracle Robin turns out to be the mother I'd love that.

i love you. ♡
Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Can Robin be the mother, pretty please?

Quote:
Definitely. This will be very hard.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

oh i know, wouldn't it just be amazing?
i wish there were some way that were possible.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yea he clearly felt more for robin than stella

but i don't think it'll be that hard to convince us of the mother being right for ted...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

i personally think it will.
i couldn't even begin to like Stella because I was still shipping him with Robin and unless it's someone I can actually care for like i did robin, i dont see myself liking the mother LOL.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 AM
Elite Fan

I loved Stella, and I really liked Ted with Stella. I could definitely see them getting married (though not so fast)... she just wasn't AS perfect for him as Robin was.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

I really liked Ted and Stella too. Up until the end of Shelter Island. (Poor Ted.) But I did like Ted and Robin, but I didn't let myself get... I don't know, too attached to them because it was established at the beginning that she wasn't the mother. You knew right from the word go that it wasn't really going to work out.

~Smelliot~
Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

at that point though, ted has already warmed my heart with his dream like fantasy of what love is. i didnt start watching the show thinking that we wont find out who the mother is until the end, i started watching it thinking we meet the mother in the very beginning and then we get to see their journey to getting married. of course this version is way more brilliant, but i didn't think of it really... and at the end of this episode, my love for ted/robin has already been established and i would just like to point out that that is actually pretty amazing given the fact that it only took 1 episode.. that almost never happens to me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread