Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can I be added to the list please? I was reminded last ep. of how much I really loved Ted/Robin. And it seemed to me that she didn't want him to get married for a lot of reasons. Not the least of which was that HER feelings have changed. One of the reasons they split was cause she wanted to travel, work in foreign countries. And now having done that, she saw right away that she wanted to be home. I wish she were the mother because they built them up to be this great couple.

I feel like Barney/Robin is kind of being pushed to get people over T/R. And B/R is super funny, but I'm afraid the most funny part of the show (Barney and his 'player' antics) will be totally lost if they really go there ya know?
Old 11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

That dance.

i love you. ♡
Old 11-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

i knew ted was gonna say something like that so i was just expecting it... but what i loved the most out of it was that robin was the one to say those things and not ted. see, in my mind, ted never got over robin and i never got into any of his relationships because i always felt like they will always come in second because of this great love he had for robin... hearing HER say those things just strengthened everything i already felt about the couple.. it just made me want them together more than i did before.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Supreme Fan

WORD at your post Shira I guess it's not only in your mind that Ted never got over Robin. She obviously will always have a very special place in his heart whatever if they're going to be a couple again or not.
I just adore the way Robin blurted out that there was still something between them. The way Colbie delivered it was perfect. Robin was trying to find out a good excuse to say why it was weird for her to see him get married and when he started to say there was nothing between them anymore, she just couldn't keep the truth. And she so evidently meant it

I watched 1.02 yesterday with a friend who just got into HIMYM, so here are more reasons we could add in the OP if you guys like them. 4 from 1.02 and 2 from the last one:
B/c he had the feeling she was the future Mrs Ted Mosby.
B/c he became the most 'casual stalker ever' for her.
B/c of the roof!
B/c let them fall in love and get married and have kids and drive them to soccer practice.
B/c Ted deserves an amazing ending. With Robin.
B/c he is the only one who could have made her change her mind about marriage and kids.

May 11th, 2009 ; LP - CS - FE - ML
-Fanny- Icon: Emel
Old 11-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey, can I be added to the list?

I started watching HIMYM on Friday, but I'm already on 3.15. lol Yeah, that' what happens when FF isn't working. But I so love these two, and it hurts me to think she's not the mother and they most likely won't end up together, although I'm still holding out hope for a big twist, which I think it's not impossible, and it would be the most interesting way to finish the series, instead of just discovering that a random chick is his wife and the mother of his kids. Anyway, I think they were written beautifully in season 1 and 2, and I love the way their relationship progressed. It was so well done, that I can't understand why I'm supposed to stop liking them now, when they only broke up not because they stopped loving each other, but because they wanted different things at the moment. So, feelings just don't go away ...
I haven't seen Barney/Robin yet, but I'm not looking forward to it. Barney is Barney, and I can't picture him in any kind of serious relationship. And also I'm not really fond of the idea of dating the best friend of your ex, when you're in a tight group of friends as they are.

So, that's it. Great OP, btw.

Last edited by JLarah; 11-12-2008 at 01:58 AM
Old 11-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenschen (View Post)
have you read the new spoilers already?
I just did. Although I still haven't caught up with all episodes, I can't help but read spoilers, because I want to grab on to anything that gives me hope for these two.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

shh, dont tell me lol. i am spoiler-free.

so i wrote out this really nice long paragraph on my phone and was just about to hit reply and obviously... something went wrong and i lost it all, so im gonna attempt to write something down similar to that haha.

i really loved how future ted said "and kids, this is how your aunt robin and i moved in together." there was something about the tone of his voice, like this part of his life was something very relevant to the end story. it really gave me hope. also, i just love that robin grew attached to the sock. this reiterates what ive been saying all along. things change, feelings change and people DO grow. robin may not have been in the same place ted was when they were going out and she may still not be there, but this proves that she could someday and the reason she was so defensive was because she isn't used to feeling this way... can u imagine thinking one way your entire life and then something happens to just throw u off and start thinking differently? i loved that. i really enjoyed this episode. i could have done without barney's storyline though... it wasnt of great interest to me, but all the ted/robin stuff really got to me. i love how they were arguing over something that technically shouldn't affect either one, but it did. god i love these two.
and i am officially NOT a robin/barney shipper. i just can't be. i tried so much, but i can't. its just not him and on top of that, i think the writers accomplished a lot by just showing us that barney is capable of being in love and with that, i dont think his character needs to change much.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Passionate Fan

I totally agree with everything you said! People are capable of changing and seeing Robin move closer and closer to the idea of having kids is so believable. Even when Robin & Ted broke up she was warming up to the idea. Kids was the only issue Robin & Ted had, so if they suddenly both agreed on that subject who knows what could happen with them next. I'm very anxious to see where the show is now going to take them!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Can you add me to the shipper list please ?

Old 11-15-2008, 03:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floveleyton (View Post)
I like thinking that it was kinda their point to see if they can make the viewers get attached to a couple even though everybody's aware, they aren't (supposed to be ) the endgame couple.
I personally still believe what I first wrote in this thread, that Ted started to tell his kids his story since the day he met Robin to show them how much he has always loved her and finally announces he leaves the mother to get back with Robin. (Well, maybe it isn't what I trully believe but it is what I hope! ) So, the writers wouldn't need us to like the mother too much, they wouldn't need to write a character who would make a more perfect couple with Ted than Robin does. As much as I really liked Stella as a character, I couldn't buy her lovestory with Ted because of T/R. They made Ted being crazy about Robin whereas he didn't even know her. Then when he got a chance to know her, he was even more in love with her. Whereas he knew she didn't want the same things he wanted, whereas he was supposed to meet 'the perfect girl' for him, whereas his last 'big beautiful romantic stupid gesture' failed, he still wanted to be with her. Everything still made him come back to Robin. Let face the truth, how are we supposed to love his couple with his kids' mother more than the writers made us only adore Ted & Robin? It is quite impossible...
Omg, yes! I agree with everything. I will never care about any other woman that comes along to be the potential mother, as much as I care about Robin and Ted/Robin. Their journey was amazing. And they were adorable as a couple. We watched Ted do everything in his power to be with her, he never gave up even when he said he would, and most important, he gave up trying to find the perfect girl, because he had already find Robin, even with all her flaws. He made it rain for her, he stole a freaking french blue horn for her, he got a string quartet with blue instruments to play for her. He kissed her while she was sick and he didn't care. It was worth it. And with Robin, we saw her cry because of seeing Ted interested in another woman and like she said, "she never cries, it didn't make sense" I loved the way we saw Robin finding out she had feelings for him and her own surprise with that fact, because she had never felt this way. And then when they finally get together, he's the first man that she's able to say ILY to. She gave up her 5 adorable dogs because of him, when they were probably the most important thing in her life. We saw her slowly getting over her commitment phobia because she was falling in love with Ted. And then after all of this, they only broke up because they didn't agree on kids and marriage. Which is big, but if one of them were to change their mind, which is more than possible and believable, they could totally be together again, because they never stopped loving each other. They evolved together and they totally worked as a couple. And for two years we watched the story of these two which was very well written and now we're supposed to not care about them and wait for whatever woman that comes along? If they didn't want us to like them so much, they shouldn't have spent so much time writing them in such a careful and beautiful way. Why did the story starts when he meets Robin? Why is the way they slowly fell in love important to how he met their mother? All these questions make me believe (ok, you're right .. make me hope lol) that the mother died and he's with Robin, because like he's telling his kids, Robin was always there and the end she really was the one, no matter how hard they tried to fight it.

Stella was cool, but I don't know if it was because I watched all episodes in a row, but Ted's relationship with her felt so superficial and everything just went too fast. I don't understand how he was suddenly in love with her, when as far as I remember, they had just gone on their two minute date (yeah, it was cute ), which is ironic, because with Robin and his first date "ILY", I found it cute and somehow believable. Maybe not at the moment, but as the time went by, I knew he loved her and he had really meant it. But with Stella, I just didn't feel it.. maybe it was because we were "told" they were dating, but we barely ever saw it, and then they were suddenly engaged. We know Stella isn't the mother, so the writers had no reason to really invest in their relationship and write it in a really meaningful way, but Robin isn't the mother either, so why write Ted/Robin's relationship in such a epic way? It must mean something and if if doesn't I don't think I'll ever feel satisfied with the end... No matter how nice the future mom is, she'll never be on the same level as the two year love story that started on the pilot and as the girl we grew to love and care about for 4 years. So, although the point of the show is for us to know who the mother is, I don't really care ...

Quote:
Can you add me to the shipper list please ?
Welcome. I wanted to be added to, I'm not sure if I already asked

Last edited by JLarah; 11-15-2008 at 03:33 AM
Old 11-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

word to your entire post. i completely agree with everything.
this show is called "how i met your mother," but the way i see it, i dont care much about the premise of the show because i am already too invested in ted/robin. it's ridiculous that after the FIRST episode i was already disappointed when ted said "and this is how i met your aunt robin." it was only 1 episode and i was already enthralled by them and i cant even begin to explain my disappointment after just 1 episode and i just couldnt help but continue to be captivated by them, no matter what i knew and no matter what the future was bound to be like.

and i really dont care what people say, lol.. but im not totally convinced that she isn't the mother. i know that it's likely she is not, but until the finale, i will continue to have a little hope.. and if not, i will be perfectly happy with a 'Definitely, Maybe' type of ending (if you've seen the movie).
Old 11-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Wow you sort of got all over excited here Joana, didn't you? But I loved your post, I adore when someone reminds us of all the obvious things which make me believe/hope/whatever they'll end up together Although the mother dying might be pushing things a bit too far IMO. Besides even though she would have passed away years before Ted tells the story, I wouldn't want Ted being with Robin to look like a second choice because his mother's kids died. I'd be happy with him leaving the mother for Robin and not knowing what happens to the mother then whoever she might be. I don't even care if I never get to see her face.

I also have to agree with your post Shira and I think all of us were disappointed to hear Robin was not the mother at the end of the Pilot. A friend of mine told me, it had something to do with the show being called "How I met your mother" so we all expected the guy telling the story to meet his future wife in the Pilot and that is why everybody fell so quickly for this couple. Maybe... But I know it is not the only reason, I know it has something to do with the way he felt the first time he looked at her, the fact she laughed at his stupid jokes, the spontaneous ILYs, the french blue horn stealing, the olive theory, the "signal" or whatever makes him being Ted and her being Robin
But I don't believe at all she is the Mother though, I wouldn't want that to happen at the end, it would be a little too twisted for me.

May 11th, 2009 ; LP - CS - FE - ML
-Fanny- Icon: Emel
Old 11-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

i agree about what you said about not wanting the mother to die because it's so true that it would feel like robin is second choice. i much rather have it not work out and robin and ted realizing how there was never anyone else out there for either of them. IMO, it shows that ted and the mother were probably once in love, but there was something missing there because of robin... so i wouldnt place it as robin being his second choice so much as robin being the woman he has never stopped loving, but it was just never the right time.. until "now."

seriously guys, you need to watch Definitely, Maybe. that's what i've been comparing this show to.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree about not wanting the mother to die. I just suggested because if they had just divorced or something, I don't think Ted would be telling his kids the fantastic story of how he met their mother but it didn't work.. I don't know, but I just thought that it's not a common thing for a divorced parent to do: to sit his kids down and tell them how their mother was not the right woman for him.. I don't think it would made Robin look like a second choice, if he had married the mother for obligation, like she was pregnant or something, but then she died giving birth to the second child, which would explain why Ted spoke so fondly of her Ok, this is ridiculous.. I'm gonna stop now..

Quote:
Wow you sort of got all over excited here Joana, didn't you?
Yeah, that tends to happen to me ... I don't know what a short post is. I try to control myself though... I fail most times. lol

Quote:
seriously guys, you need to watch Definitely, Maybe. that's what i've been comparing this show to.
That movie looks cute and I wanted to watch it, but I never got the chance. But now, I'm gonna see if I can get it somewhere and watch it.

Last edited by JLarah; 11-15-2008 at 04:07 PM
Old 11-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

some people get divorced for reasons other than cheating and it's not always so messy.
many people stay on good terms and move on from it all, so i can totally see that being it. he could be speaking fondly of her because although they weren't right for each other, they still cherish and appreciate the life they shared together... who knows? what i do know is that i am just gonna focus on the episodes and ted/robin for now lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread