Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you watch it soon, then. And I don't know if you keep up with The Gifted, but it just got renewed for a second season. It's the Fox show about the X-Men characters who are on the run from the government.

So since the Steelers are the #2 seed, I'm guessing that they'll probably play the Chiefs while the Patriots play either the Jaguars or the Bills. I don't see the Titans getting past the Chiefs.

And I have to go to bed myself, now, so I'll see you both tomorrow! Goodnight, Sam! Goodnight, Mark! Hope you're feeling better!

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 01-05-2018 at 08:34 PM
Old 01-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Planning on catching up today. I do watch the Gifted actually and that's great so I really enjoy the show. Plus, weirdly the show has got an couple of links to One Tree Hill. I guess we will find out over the next 2 days.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Walmart didn't really do anything to me personally, but I don't like how they treat employees and I'm just sick of working in retail. I used to think K-Mart was bad.

OMG, I'm sorry, Mary. I'm glad you're out of there. And I agree with you, everything you just said about them is true. It's the reason that Walmart has the worst reputation in the media as far as how they treat their employees. I hope your boyfriend can get out of there soon. I just hope I can as well.
Thank you. My boyfriend also said that K-Mart is bad.

The reason behind them not having many cashiers is that I've read someplace that the reason behind that is to save money. There are some customers who have a lot of patience, while there are other's who don't have that much patience. A customer would run out of patience so they will decide to get a specific product elsewhere. The way management treats their employees reflect on how well an employee conducts customer service. Bad customer service will irritate a customer. Management don't really give their employees a study on where everything is in a store. This is where I find the slogan "Save money. Live better." useless.
Some of the customers who come into HellMart don't really give a ****. You can tell by the way they dress at times. I have seen a pair of dirty underwear in the middle of where you would get your clothes at. I have seen skimpy girls showing their midriff when it is 40 degrees outside. There are customers who came in the store I worked at with miss matched clothes and messy hair. Some of the customers don't even have any fashion sense.

And what I've told you about how management targets individuals with disabilities as easy prey is true. In my case I was starting to get too miserable with the place and with problems with my older sister back at the end of September. The treatment I was getting from them (even my sister) drove me to a mental hospital. My stay at the mental hospital lasted three days (October 1st - October 3rd). This was caused by too much stress at work because the management was giving me unrealistic and ridiculous expectations (harassment), and my sister was harassing me for rent(which I couldn't afford and by the fact my boyfriend pointed out what she was doing wrong), changed the locks on me which prevented me from getting the rest of my stuff, plus her threatening a lawsuit on me. As for the management, they were expecting too much stuff to get done in too little time. For example: they wanted me to do the two entrances as well as the money center, vision center, and the game room which are all included in entrances duty, then to add more on, the employee's lounge, and the training room. When I was in the hospital on my second day, my boyfriend told me that they decided to add on trash duty on the pile of bull**** tasks. It was a little over a month after they written me up for not going fast on the job and doing too well of a job, that I was put into a mental hospital. I was put on a leave of absence on my second day in the hospital. When I was discharged from the hospital, I was told that my last day of my medical leave was on October 18th. In order for me to return to work, I would need to get a doctor's note to return to work. In those doctor's notes, it stated that my problems with my job was the increase of work demands. When I returned to work on the 17th, the managers didn't give me that much of a work load. I only had to sweep and mop the wooden areas. This went on for only three weeks. The stupidvisor didn't harass me as much until four weeks. It was like it was only temporary for them to ease off of me, so they would revert back to form. After those three weeks, I had to go to my therapist to type up a document so the managers would lay off of me. This did NOT work. When I went to talk to the co-manager along with the stupidvisor, they told me that they "take" medical papers and issues "seriously", and it isn't an increase of work demands. They assigned me to do bathrooms, lounge, and training room. This caused me not to want to work there that night. The next night, which was my Friday night, the stupidvisor assigned me to do the entrances and trash. I was very pissed off, but the it was Friday(My boyfriend's too). My therapist was appalled by this type of behavior because depression and generalized anxiety is a pretty serious issue. I found it to be a little suspicious that the stupidvisor decided to start harass me again a week after they decided to assign me to do bull**** tasks that is impossible to do in a short amount of time. This is coming from a young woman who has been cleaning ever since she was 6 years old, and grew up to have OCD.

Almost a week after, the stupidvisor assigned me to only do bathrooms. This was on a Monday night going into a Tuesday morning. I was a little bit behind, but at least I was getting done with my second bathroom before last break which is at 5:00AM. I was almost done with the front men's restroom, getting ready to "scrub" bathroom floors with a useless buffer pad. I heard her walking towards my direction because she has keys dangling from her belt loop hole. She came in, not liking that I was going fast enough, so I told her my reason for doing so "Because I know how to clean." Her response was that I could be a good cleaner and can still go faster, but I already know that cleaning takes time. It's not like I was doing everything you had to do to clean a bathroom overnight, and I do not believe in cutting corners because if you do that, you are NOT doing it right. It is night time, so there are no customers who need to use the ****ing restroom. It isn't day time. I was supposed to scrub the front restrooms that night, so she wanted me to "cut corners to speed up the process" by telling me to skip scrubbing the front men's restroom floor. This really irritated me. Of course, the stupidvisor irritates me because she isn't intelligent on what the jobs are supposed to be like, and she does a worse job than me. After I was done with the front restrooms, which was 04:30AM at the time. I decided to take out the trash on the maid cart, put the side by side up, put clean mop water in the bucket, and restock the cart. After that I went into the back women's restroom only to find another associate who works in my department "trying to help me out", this associate doesn't do as good of a job as me. I didn't like the way she was starting out. She told me that she was told to "help" me. This irritated me to the point that I didn't feel like working, so I went into the training room to take a small break to clear my head and also check out my schedule. 30 seconds later, the stupidvisor walks in and tells me to go into the AD Office to have a talk with me. It ended up being my second write up(which was bull****). The conversation I had with her and an assistant manager was that I wasn't getting much done before 06:00AM to do a "2 hour safety sweep". It's not like I could've been done with the restrooms by 07:25AM and at least swept, which is what I've told her. She told me that she sees potential in me. It isn't like I have more potential than her because I know how to do things right, and when it comes to cleaning, a person with OCD tends to do a better job than a person without OCD. I also told her that I observed the way the other overnight maintenance do their jobs compared to mine, and that I do better than the rest of them, mostly the men. She told me "Oh, so you want me to tell you about your work compared to Nikki"(the other female on overnight maintenance). I thought to myself that I know that I do better than she does. She asked me why I haven't used the KaiVac, which is a new machine that they were having us use. She basically compared that to a ShopVac. The only element those two machines have in common is that they both suck things up. Her comparison was ridiculous. The ShopVac is much simpler. I told her that "It is a complex machine that I need more time learning about. My disability causes me to need to have more time learning about certain things." She told me "I told all of you guys to watch the videos on how to use it." I told her "Well, I couldn't because I didn't have the time to, and at that time other people were talking which put me out of focus." Of course she had a look on her face and like my words were going out of deaf ears. My boyfriend works in that same department. I told her that "My boyfriend isn't the one who cleans his house. I do. It has looked better ever since I moved in." She told me "I don't care about that. I only care about what you do at work." I asked her "Do you know anyone with Aspergers, or have you ever dealt with anyone with Aspergers?" She responded by saying "No. I haven't." I then told her that "You seem to be ignorant about that." She responded by saying "You are right." and something else. I also told them about that piece of paper I gave them almost two weeks before November 21st. In addition to that, I told them about the ADA papers my therapist filled out, just to give them a warning. She and the assistant manager forced me into filling out one of their action plans. The only thing that was put into that action plan was the KaiVac. In additon to this, she had me come in there just to take up my last break. I wanted to see my boyfriend. This second coaching wasted my time considering it was from 04:40AM - 05:14AM. After that I ended up looking for my boyfriend to tell him what happened, which was the decent thing to do, and to finish up the back women's restroom. Considering that Nikki got "finished" with the back men's restroom and was just starting on back family restroom, I seen no point, and just decided to give the personnel lady my ADA paperwork. I did that while I talked to her about my problems. I ended up not sweeping at all because of how upset I was. The only thing I did was to organize stuff in the maintenance area and clean up the carts.

The next night which was November 21st going into the 22nd, I came into work just to find out that she assigned me to a bull**** task which was the entrances and the lounge, plus a safety sweep at 06:00AM and the first hour 11:00PM-12:00AM. My lunch break is at 02:00AM-03:00AM. This only leaves me 5 hours to do those tasks. I already know that the front ends takes 6 1/2 to 7 hours to do, and the employee's lounge takes more than 45 minutes and an hour to do because I have been in there more than 3 hours cleaning it on day maintenance. From her actions that night caused me to be very angry, depressed, and have low motivation. This all lead me to act out. My boyfriend had this chemical that I really don't like, which caused me to dump the bucket, and other stuff before heading out the door to lunch. My boyfriend suggested for me to go to the co-manager to tell him I'm not feeling well, and to apologize about it. I got written up anyway, and have been instructed to not to come back until I talk to the store manager. The plus side to that is that I got some time off without getting any points on my record. The personnel lady told me that the co-manager still says that they'll give me jobs that fit my job description even when she showed him the ADA paperwork. My deadline was before I go back to work on Saturday night that week. I had a discussion with the store manager on that Saturday at noon. I told her what was going on. This lead me to switch departments considering that I told her that I don't see eye to eye with the stupidvisor. I didn't say the word stupidvisor to the store manager. This lasted for 2 more weeks until they decided to fire me for using profanity out on the salesfloor on a night I was really depressed, and the way my boyfriend was doing something pissed me off, but that wasn't the only thing I was upset about. On my Tuesday night which was December 10th, the stupidvisor was sweeping the woods while I was folding clothes. I inspected her work, which wasn't as good as when they had me assigned to that job on those three weeks. I did notice that she left an open bag of Doritos on the floor in the girl's section. I did consider picking it up myself, but then got other stuff on my mind. The next night the stupidvisor's work daughter, Nikki, had the woods as well as other jobs on her list of "things" to do. She wasn't as good as me either, considering she thinks it all takes an hour to sweep up. It takes 6 1/2 hours to sweep. Her mop job wasn't precise either. The next night I was zoning the girl's section, just to find those same bag of chips on the floor. Later on that night, the co-manager wanted to speak to me about what happened about the chips' incident. He told me that the situation was under investigation. I went back to work. The next night, he decided to fire me. He also added on that my vehicle or my man's vehicle wasn't allowed on the premises to see my man on his breaks or pick him up for lunch with the exception to pick my man up at 08:00AM. I thought that was bull**** because it isn't like I was planning on entering the building after that.

Ever since I decided to go onto night shift, their treatment of me went downhill. When my man and I became a packaged deal, the treatment went downhill even more. As I've said before, they hate my man's guts. It makes me wonder why they haven't fired him yet considering that they fired me 3 weeks ago.

I no longer shop there, and am trying to get my boyfriend out of there with the help of my job coach. I have an appointment on the 16th of this month.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I agree with you, but I highly doubt he's ever had a plan for the most part Popular consensus about that episode was that it was a hallucination with Scully with is still just as lazy.

I can't wait for the above freezing temps I'm just so ready for spring already February might be short but it seems to drag on forever
I hope so because it was just an bad episode lol.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Planning on catching up today. I do watch the Gifted actually and that's great so I really enjoy the show. Plus, weirdly the show has got an couple of links to One Tree Hill. I guess we will find out over the next 2 days.
Hi, Sam! So did you finally catch up on The X-Files episode? I guess you did because you just said it was a bad episode. But let's see what happens with the rest of this season. Oh, and I'm watching the AFC Wild Card Playoff game between the Chiefs and the Titans, and the Chiefs are ahead 21-10 in the 3rd quarter, so there's a good chance the Steelers are gonna end up playing the Chiefs if they stay ahead.

Okay, now the Titans are ahead, 22-21. But the Chiefs are driving into Titans territory and can go ahead with a field goal with three minutes left. This is turning out to be a pretty good game.

Hi, Mary! Thanks for moving your post over here.

Your boyfriend is right, K-Mart is also bad. But I'm honestly surprised by how much worse Walmart is, and they're the #1 retail store in the world. And you're right, Walmart does whatever they can to cut costs and save money. It's that "everyday low costs" that allows them to have "everyday low prices," which is bull. They cut costs not by doing the things they claim to do that improves efficiency when it comes to ordering and stocking, but rather in cutting staff and payroll, not to mention equipment. And you're right, the customers don't care. The store I work at is a total mess most of the time, and all the work I do just ends up getting ruined by the morons who work in the evening and overnight, but customers still come in and buy things, and that's the key to Walmart's success... they appeal to low-income, low-end retail customers who just don't give a . I've also seen how management mistreats employees even though they're not allowed to do that. They get away with murder, mostly because they know each other and have each other's backs.

I'm really sorry all that happened to you. I wish I could say I'm shocked, but I've seen the exact same thing happen in my store to several employees, many of whom left and no longer work for Walmart. It's disgraceful the way Hellmart treats their workers, and I really hope your boyfriend gets the hell out of there soon. I'm just glad you don't have to put up with that nonsense anymore. I'm gonna try to get out as soon as I can, hopefully.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 01-06-2018 at 05:33 PM
Old 01-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hi, Sam! So did you finally catch up on The X-Files episode? I guess you did because you just said it was a bad episode. But let's see what happens with the rest of this season. Oh, and I'm watching the AFC Wild Card Playoff game between the Chiefs and the Titans, and the Chiefs are ahead 21-10 in the 3rd quarter, so there's a good chance the Steelers are gonna end up playing the Chiefs if they stay ahead.

Okay, now the Titans are ahead, 22-21. But the Chiefs are driving into Titans territory and can go ahead with a field goal with three minutes left. This is turning out to be a pretty good game.
I did and it wasn't good at all lol Awesome, I don't mind either way lol since we play well against both teams.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I did and it wasn't good at all lol Awesome, I don't mind either way lol since we play well against both teams.
Yeah, I didn't like it either. But this season of The X-Files just started, so let's wait and see.

Well, it looks like the Steelers are gonna play either the Bills or the Jaguars, Sam, because the Titans came back from a 19 point deficit to beat the Chiefs 22-21. This makes a record six playoff losses for the Chiefs. I feel badly for the Kansas City fans because we went through this already with Andy Reid when he was coach of the Eagles.

So next week it's the Titans at Foxboro to play the Patriots and the Steelers will face either the Bills or the Jaguars. Now, on to the Rams vs. Falcons!
Old 01-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't like it either. But this season of The X-Files just started, so let's wait and see.

Well, it looks like the Steelers are gonna play either the Bills or the Jaguars, Sam, because the Titans came back from a 19 point deficit to beat the Chiefs 22-21. This makes a record six playoff losses for the Chiefs. I feel badly for the Kansas City fans because we went through this already with Andy Reid when he was coach of the Eagles.

So next week it's the Titans at Foxboro to play the Patriots and the Steelers will face either the Bills or the Jaguars. Now, on to the Rams vs. Falcons!
Yeah that's true. Why do you think Andy Reid isn't an good playoff coach? Alright, I wish that the Jaguars could go up against the Pats though lol
Old 01-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah that's true. Why do you think Andy Reid isn't an good playoff coach? Alright, I wish that the Jaguars could go up against the Pats though lol
Because his play calling and time management sucks, Sam. It's what happened to us from 2002-2004 in three straight NFC Championship losses, in 2005 in the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots, in 2006 in the Divisional round loss to the Saints, and again in 2008 in the NFC Championship loss to the Cardinals. This guy just can't go all the way.

Why do you want the Jags to play the Pats? I have a feeling that the Bills might upset them.

Still 0-0 in the Rams/Falcons game.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Because his play calling and time management sucks, Sam. It's what happened to us from 2002-2004 in three straight NFC Championship losses, in 2005 in the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots, in 2006 in the Divisional round loss to the Saints, and again in 2008 in the NFC Championship loss to the Cardinals. This guy just can't go all the way.

Why do you want the Jags to play the Pats? I have a feeling that the Bills might upset them.

True and you guys had some decent sides in those years too. Because the Jags have an great defense haha
Old 01-07-2018, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Last edited by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆; 01-08-2018 at 12:55 AM
Old 01-07-2018, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I definitely didn't see the Rams losing that one.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sam! Hi, Mary! I hope you're okay, Mark! I'm going to be going to bed early because of this cold. So I'll see you later! Have a good night! Thank goodness it's gonna warm up this week.

Quote:
I definitely didn't see the Rams losing that one.
Well, I did give the Falcons a bit of a chance since they're still the defending NFC champions and have Super Bowl experience. Jared Goff and the Rams were playoff rookies, but they have a lot to look forward to in the future. So do the Chargers.

Well, the Panthers lost to the Saints and the Bills lost to the Jaguars(it was a horrible game). So next week it's the Patriots vs. the Titans and the Steelers vs. the Jaguars in the AFC Divisional round, and the Eagles vs. the Falcons and the Vikings vs. the Saints in the NFC.

Quote:
True and you guys had some decent sides in those years too. Because the Jags have an great defense haha
Well, we did have some decent years, but I'd have preferred a couple of championships. Your guys have six, you know.

Well, boycotting Hellmart sounds nice, but they're still the biggest retailer in the world, Mary. I don't know how much good that would do. And let's not try to take them down until after I'm not working there anymore. I'm still paying off my credit card and need a new place to live. And I honestly don't think the customers who go to Walmart care anymore. It's sad. I remember when consumers demanded more.

I agree, keeping a skeleton staff just to save money makes the employees have to work more to compensate. And all that "respect for the individual" stuff is good sales pitch, but they really don't practice it much. I'm not surprised that so many employees have called corporate headquarters and complained about managers and conditions. Some customers have as well. And it is greed if you consider how much the executives make in profits. OMG, the stockers to overfill the shelves and they don't even put things in the right place, which pisses me off because I have to fix it. And I've seen so many safety hazards that the store could've been fined and shut down, to be honest.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 01-07-2018 at 06:14 PM
Old 01-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hi, Sam! Hi, Mary! I hope you're okay, Mark! I'm going to be going to bed early because of this cold. So I'll see you later! Have a good night! Thank goodness it's gonna warm up this week.

Well, I did give the Falcons a bit of a chance since they're still the defending NFC champions and have Super Bowl experience. Jared Goff and the Rams were playoff rookies, but they have a lot to look forward to in the future. So do the Chargers.

Well, the Panthers lost to the Saints and the Bills lost to the Jaguars(it was a horrible game). So next week it's the Patriots vs. the Titans and the Steelers vs. the Jaguars in the AFC Divisional round, and the Eagles vs. the Falcons and the Vikings vs. the Saints in the NFC.
True, but I don't think that Falcons had played that well this year so it was still an surprise for me. Those results today didn't really surprise me, and I hope that the Steelers & the Eagles play well next weekend.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Well, we did have some decent years, but I'd have preferred a couple of championships. Your guys have six, you know.

Well, boycotting Hellmart sounds nice, but they're still the biggest retailer in the world, Mary. I don't know how much good that would do. And let's not try to take them down until after I'm not working there anymore. I'm still paying off my credit card and need a new place to live. And I honestly don't think the customers who go to Walmart care anymore. It's sad. I remember when consumers demanded more.

I agree, keeping a skeleton staff just to save money makes the employees have to work more to compensate. And all that "respect for the individual" stuff is good sales pitch, but they really don't practice it much. I'm not surprised that so many employees have called corporate headquarters and complained about managers and conditions. Some customers have as well. And it is greed if you consider how much the executives make in profits. OMG, the stockers to overfill the shelves and they don't even put things in the right place, which pisses me off because I have to fix it. And I've seen so many safety hazards that the store could've been fined and shut down, to be honest.
I've sent you a PM.

I am watching Scooby Doo Where Are You.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread