Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, I hope that means that Big Ben can win this year so that Carson can win next year or the year after that. That way Ben can say he won three and can retire knowing that he came one shy of Terry Bradshaw.
Maybe the year after Not sure that Big Ben will retire at the end of year now.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Maybe the year after Not sure that Big Ben will retire at the end of year now.
Oh, so you weren't fazed by his talk about how "maybe he doesn't have it anymore?" Yeah, that got a lot of Steelers fans a bit worried, but I'm sure he'll be around for a while. At least as long as Brady.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, so you weren't fazed by his talk about how "maybe he doesn't have it anymore?" Yeah, that got a lot of Steelers fans a bit worried, but I'm sure he'll be around for a while. At least as long as Brady.
I'm not because his play since then has shown that he does still have it
Old 01-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

The X-Files episode this week was really poor, IMO.

Luckily though most of the reviews say this ist he weakest episode of the season, so there's that.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sam! Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Ben Roethlisberger still has it. But it'll be interesting to see if it all does come down to the Steelers and Patriots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
The X-Files episode this week was really poor, IMO.

Luckily though most of the reviews say this ist he weakest episode of the season, so there's that.
Hi, Mark! Sorry for being so late in coming on. This damn snow and freezing weather are a real pain to deal with. I know, look where you are up in Michigan.

I saw The X-Files and I agree, it was horrible. But I hope you're right that this is as bad as it gets and that this season is actually getting somewhere. Hopefully this was all just a big red herring because that revelation about Scully and her son was just...
Old 01-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Alex It's fine You're actually on earlier than usual Yeah the wind and snow have been HORRIBLE the last few days

Yeah the revelation about Scully and her son were absolutely vomit worthy. I truly hope that CSM isn't telling the truth but with Chris Carter you never know. He should never be allowed to write another X-Files episode
Old 01-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Am I early? I can never tell. Also, I'm doing my laundry and making dinner, so forgive me if I'm here and there.

Yeah, two more days of this cold crap and then we'll finally get above freezing. And it's gonna be around 50F on Thursday, which is gonna feel good. I hope you're doing okay over there.

I just hope that plot twist is a total lie and that CSM isn't really William's father. That would totally suck up everything that happened in those last couple of X-Files seasons back in 2000-2002. But Chris Carter has fooled us before with these red herrings, so you never know. Let's wait and see.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

50 degrees? I would love that weather right now but no such luck It's fine I'll probably be away from my computer in a few minutes.

Yeah, I hope it isn't true too. I honestly choose to believe that last season and this are just fanfic as an alternative what if?
Old 01-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, and the entire episode also didn't make sense because didn't last season end with Mulder sick from some disease and Scully driving him to get help when a UFO suddenly appears above them on the highway, and Scully was staring up into the light? I was like, what the hell happened? Was that all a dream or a vision? How did Scully end up in that hospital and Mulder is suddenly okay? That was a ripoff. I hate instant retcons like that because they're lazy. If a retcon is correcting something that was obviously a screw up, that's one thing, but if it's just to mess with the audience then it's lazy. I can only hope that Carter has a plan and we're all on the receiving end of his slight of hand.

Yep, temps go up into the 30's and 40's and close to 50 next week, above freezing, thank goodness. But it's still January 5th and this damn month drags on so much. I'm just glad February is so short.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with you, but I highly doubt he's ever had a plan for the most part Popular consensus about that episode was that it was a hallucination with Scully with is still just as lazy.

I can't wait for the above freezing temps I'm just so ready for spring already February might be short but it seems to drag on forever
Old 01-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

February can drag a bit, but it's still the shortest month of the year, so that's something. January is the worst for me. If I lived in Florida or California I wouldn't mind as much, but up north it's just a cold, miserable, boring month.

Oh, I've thought about that as well, that the last episode might be one big hallucination and we'll end up right back at that highway with Mulder and Scully staring up at the UFO. But seriously, didn't Dallas already make the whole "it was all a dream" plot twist ridiculous enough?
Old 01-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, the twist on Dallas was way ridiculous and I hope shows keep that trope to a minimum in the future Luckily there are a few more MoTW episodes this season which always seem to be better than the Mytharc episodes the last 3 or 4 seasons

Anyways, I'm gonna check out and go to bed in a few Have a good day tomorrow and stay warm!
Old 01-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hi, Sam! Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Ben Roethlisberger still has it. But it'll be interesting to see if it all does come down to the Steelers and Patriots.
It will be interesting actually Haven't seen the new X Files episode yet, so I can't really comment on it.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sam! Okay, I'll refrain from talking about the X-Files episode until you've seen it. Sorry if we gave away any spoilers.

In two days you're gonna find out who the Steelers are gonna go up against!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Oh yeah, the twist on Dallas was way ridiculous and I hope shows keep that trope to a minimum in the future Luckily there are a few more MoTW episodes this season which always seem to be better than the Mytharc episodes the last 3 or 4 seasons

Anyways, I'm gonna check out and go to bed in a few Have a good day tomorrow and stay warm!
Thank goodness there's gonna be Monster of The Week episodes this season! I call them "Kolchak" episodes, for obvious reasons. The mythology episodes can get a bit tedious and convoluted over time. At least they're not doing the alien colonization storyline anymore.

Okay, have a goodnight and sleep well, Mark! I'll try to stay warm. See you tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hi, Sam! Okay, I'll refrain from talking about the X-Files episode until you've seen it. Sorry if we gave away any spoilers.

In two days you're gonna find out who the Steelers are gonna go up against!
Thats fine, I probably forget about it by the time I watch the episode anyway Yes we will
Closed Thread   Post New Thread