Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Happy New Year, Mark and Sam! I hope you guys had a good night!

I slept early because I had work in the morning. It's fing freezing here.

Yeah, congrats, Mark. The 2008 Lions are no longer the only team to have a winless 0-16 season. I feel sorry for the Browns and their fans, but I do hope the organization cleans house and puts together a new team that can win. Starting with their damn helmets. Put something on the helmets already. But I can't believe they haven't fired the coach or the quarterback yet. I mean, the Lions fired Cadwell but the Browns are keeping Hue Jackson?

I'm sorry the Lions fell short, Mark, but I think they showed promise this season and can definitely make the playoffs in the future. And congrats, Sam. The Ravens shot themselves in the foot and are out of the playoffs. I cannot believe they lost and let the Buffalo Bills get the #5 seed. Too bad the Chargers didn't make it in. I was really rooting for them. But at least they finished their season 9-7 after annihilating the Raiders and have hope for the future. And how about Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers destroying the Rams to finish the season at 6-10 with a five game win streak and Garoppolo 5-0 as a starter? I can hear them saying "Joe Montana 2.0!" in San Fran already.

Sadly, the Eagles and Nick Foles stunk it up against the Cowboys yesterday, losing to the Cowboys 6-0. They got shut out and Foles looked terrible. That new guy, Nate Sudfeld, actually looked pretty good and set an NFL record as far as his passer rating for his first game in the NFL even though they didn't score. But I cannot believe that in two weeks the Eagles have to go into the Divisional Round with Nick Foles leading them. The Wildcard games are Chiefs vs. Titans and Rams vs. Falcons on Saturday, and Jaguars vs. Bills and Saints vs. Panthers on Sunday. The Eagles will play either the Falcons, if they beat the Rams, or the winner of the Saints/Panthers game if the Rams beat the Falcons. That means that the Eagles are gonna face either the Matt Ryan and the Falcons, Cam Newton and the Panthers, or Drew Brees and the Saints.... all three of whom have won the NFC Championship and gone to the Super Bowl, and Brees won a Super Bowl. Nick Foles is supposed to play against that? He won't make it past the Divisional round, so forget about the NFC Championship against the Rams or the Vikings, or the Super Bowl against the Steelers or the Patriots. The Eagles season is gonna end in two weeks when they go one-and-done. They had a real chance with Carson Wentz, who is still in the running for league MVP and was leading the league in touchdown passes with 33(a franchise record) until Russell Wilson passed him yesterday with 34. Damn! Carson was the guy who was gonna take us to the Super Bowl! I cannot believe how this season ended. And it looks like the Steelers are gonna play either the Titans, Chiefs, or the Jaguars, depending on what happens next weekend.

If the Browns don't fire their coach and get rid of their quarterback then they're fools and definitely worse off than Detroit.

U of M got buried today in their bowl game and ended the Big Ten's perfect bowl record so far this year I don't follow basketball and don't care about the Piston's but overall Michigan sports teams don't look like they're in good shape although Michigan State's basketball team is excellent but State are a bunch of tools.

Glad to see you guys had a safe New Years! Me and my dad binge watched Twilight Zone and got pizza but that was about it
Old 01-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm not expecting much from Foles in just two weeks. He's only had three starts, and he only played well when he threw four touchdown passes against the New York Giants... the worst team in the NFL. But at least your team has its quarterback ready to go.
Yeah, do you guys have any other quarterbacks?
Old 01-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We just have that new quarterback, Nate Sudfield, Sam. He did pretty good, like I told you. But it's just him and Foles until Wentz comes back. But Foles is just awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
If the Browns don't fire their coach and get rid of their quarterback then they're fools and definitely worse off than Detroit.

U of M got buried today in their bowl game and ended the Big Ten's perfect bowl record so far this year I don't follow basketball and don't care about the Piston's but overall Michigan sports teams don't look like they're in good shape although Michigan State's basketball team is excellent but State are a bunch of tools.

Glad to see you guys had a safe New Years! Me and my dad binge watched Twilight Zone and got pizza but that was about it
Hi, Mark! Yeah, I agree with you about the Browns. But I don't follow college football or basketball.

Oh, you did the Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy channel, Mark? I remember when they first started that back in 1994-1995. They've been doing it every year since. And pizza sounds good! I'm glad you and your dad had a good time.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Yep, the SyFy marathon! We do it ever year A few episodes, at least. It seems like every show is doing a marathon right now. Twilight Zone, Breaking Bad, Banshee and Dexter.

Do anything fun last night?
Old 01-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
We just have that new quarterback, Nate Sudfield, Sam. He did pretty good, like I told you. But it's just him and Foles until Wentz comes back. But Foles is just awful.
Okay, could he start if Foles continues to be awful?
Old 01-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think so, Sam. I think they're gonna start Foles no matter what. Sudfeld had his first NFL game yesterday, so that's way too soon to throw him into the playoffs.

Quote:
Yep, the SyFy marathon! We do it ever year A few episodes, at least. It seems like every show is doing a marathon right now. Twilight Zone, Breaking Bad, Banshee and Dexter.

Do anything fun last night?
Awesome! I used to watch The Twilight Zone marathon, but I ended up watching all the episodes too many times.

Nope, I went to bed early because I had work this morning.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay that sucks.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I know. I just hope that Carson can come back as soon as possible next season, because it takes 9-12 months to recover from ACL surgery. That means he can be back by late October or November at the earliest, which isn't good.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Too many times? That is so not a thing with TZ!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Happy New year everyone!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
Happy New year everyone!
You too Vicki!

I just heard Disney is going to have their own streaming service now Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and now...DISNEY.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Well it's fitting for Disney to have their own streaming service, it will be just as popular if not more Everyone loves Disney!

I'm thrilled because I've been waiting ages for Friends show to appear on UK Netflix and today and season 1 -9 has been added
Old 01-01-2018, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

It's just crazy that all of these streaming services exist Eventually Fox will have their own and HBO kinda sorta has one. It'll be interesting to see what they include and don't feature on the Disney service.

Friends wasn't on Netflix UK until today? Wow that sucks. Have fun watching!

It's time for me to go to bed. Have a good day and I'll talk to you guys later
Old 01-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I know. I just hope that Carson can come back as soon as possible next season, because it takes 9-12 months to recover from ACL surgery. That means he can be back by late October or November at the earliest, which isn't good.
Yeah, you wouldn't want to waste a lot of next season on Foles or any other quarterback.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Vicki! Happy New Years! I hope you had a great time!

Wow, sounds like you're really happy about Disney's streaming service. And does Disney have Friends? I thought that was NBC Universal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, you wouldn't want to waste a lot of next season on Foles or any other quarterback.
Well, let's just hope that Carson Wentz gets shot full of Super-Soldier serum and has his legs reinforced with adamantium. But I'm not really looking forward to the playoffs now. We'll be lucky to get past the Divisional round with Foles. Guess I'll be rooting for the Steelers with you, Sam.

Quote:
Too many times? That is so not a thing with TZ!
Sorry, Mark. I watched the TZ marathon on SyFy all through the 90's, so I know all the episodes. Besides, I'm working those days so I can't really watch them now. It was different in the 90's when I had more time for TV. I watched The Twilight Zone, Kolchack: The Night Stalker, The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers In The 25th Century, and Dark Shadows on SyFy like there was no tomorrow. And back then it was called Sci-Fi Channel. I hate the new logo. And back in the 90's I was addicted to The X-Files and Friends.