Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, I don't really know how to describe, but there has been something lacking in most episodes cinematography-wise.
I still think the episodes are pretty, but just very different from S5 imo.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist (View Post)
yep yep, i feel the same! s5 had amazing cinematography, it was beautiful but s6 is completely lacking in that aspect.
i agree. except for franky's ep.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
me, too. except maybe for rich's episode:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqw1mxEwK1qbo84to1_r1_250.gif[/IMG] http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqw1mxEwK1qbo84to2_250.gif[/IMG]
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqw1mxEwK1qbo84to3_r1_250.gif[/IMG] http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqw1mxEwK1qbo84to4_250.gif[/IMG]
credit
I liked those gif'd scenes and there's been a few in other eps that gave me a similar feeling (A couple in Alex's, Franky with her head out of the car window, and on the balcony), just none that hit me. It's such an integral part of the show not to notice, now.

Last edited by Beached; 02-17-2012 at 07:35 PM
Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked Frankys the best in the cinematography aspects. But the other ones weren't that bad, Alexs and Richs were also pretty good imo.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Franky's episode was very pretty definitely I'm glad he filmed some of the other episodes too.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Loyal Fan

if smb saw screencaps, share links, please
Old 02-19-2012, 04:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Anyone else enjoying the fact that college actually has a big involvement in this series. Like mock exams and lessons, instead of just not filming at roundview at all?

Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelsket (View Post)
Anyone else enjoying the fact that college actually has a big involvement in this series. Like mock exams and lessons, instead of just not filming at roundview at all?
yes it's far more realistic than in g2.

Spoiler:
Old 02-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Finally got around to watching this one. I actually liked bits of it. And even though I think Luke is basically out of the picture now (am I right?), I'm really interested in his character. Is it weird that I'd rather watch a Luke episode than an Alo episode at this point?

As for the rape argument, I also think it was non-consensual. Or at the very most dub-con. But that last second before it cuts to the next morning says it all in my opinion.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Dakota said Luke will still have an influence over franky for the rest of the series... or something like that, but I don't think he'll be back.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Addicted Fan

^ I would kill for a girlfriend that looks like her

so, what did everyone think of Franky sleeping in the park? Its drastic I know, but she has an extreme personality which means she would do it

EDIT - Why have they removed all reference to what Franky was in season 5? Even the photo of her with the two military dads has Franky in her current style

Allusions time!

Franky's episode was circling about her 'Waking up':

1. Grace telling her to wake up for her exam

2. Her waking up in Luke's bed

3. Her waking up in the park after sleeping in the park for the night

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 02-26-2012 at 04:20 PM
Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Come to think of it, this episode and everyone's opinion of it made my love for Franky grow. I felt emotions/feelings i have never felt before while i seen the dislike of the episode. I still think this is the best episode of the season even though I hate Luke. I really want to write a review for s6 episodes(especially this one) but I don't know how to write reviews.

Can someone teach me how to write reviews?
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Zero (View Post)
Come to think of it, this episode and everyone's opinion of it made my love for Franky grow. I felt emotions/feelings i have never felt before while i seen the dislike of the episode. I still think this is the best episode of the season even though I hate Luke. I really want to write a review for s6 episodes(especially this one) but I don't know how to write reviews.

Can someone teach me how to write reviews?
That's lovely.
Well, I write reviews, but they're basically only my thoughts about the episode. In a good review there's the plot of the episode plus your personal reflections. A very good review adds pictures. A perfect review talks about all the characters.

My reviews are all but good, just things of my mind written with a bad grammar so really don't worry. Write what you want and I'll read it anyway.

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 03-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

If you need someone to help you write a review you shouldn't be writing one. It's like saying "I need to think, give me a thought."

Unless it's mechanical aid like punc/grammar, it has to come from you. Write about aspects that you wish people we're discussing, what hasn't been mentioned what really frustrates or delights the **** out of you. Good writing comes from accuracy and interest in said subject.

Eloquence is important although if there's no truth in your words people won't fall for it unless they're dumb or impressionable but the latter is a rare type of person to find on this forum.

Most of all write about what you think is relevant, what you think people should be mentioning get them thinking not angered. Overall write what you feel "review" is just a word like "letter" or "analysis" irrelevent, communication is what links them and effective communication is what makes good writing.

Go forth, and write, prosper.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Series 6 Episode 4 "Franky"

Franky: Franky is showing that Grace's death has seriously affected her mentally. She blames herself for Grace's death and this brings Franky to her dark side. She becomes a angry, aggressive person who seeks danger and adrenaline. This brings her back to Luke who is perfect in that category. Luke seems to be very abusive towards Franky, which makes me mad personally because I don't like to see males hit females especially Franky. I got hyped off it and makes me want to fight Luke. But back to the review, Franky seems to be ok with the abuse and rough sex that her and Luke have. Franky begins to completely stop caring about exams and her dads as she becomes careless towards them. When Franky confronts Grace(the toy), she shows her true colors of her guilt of Grace's death. This was an emotional scene that touched me. Then she goes back to Luke and they continue their dangerous relationship. Luckily, Nick cares for Franky and comes to save her from Luke. Franky laughs as she realizes that Nick likes her and doesn't take it seriously until Luke beats Nick up. Afterwards, Franky is contacted by Matty who wants her to leave Luke since he is bad. Since Luke becomes angry, he tries to punish Franky by having rough sex with her. She wants the sex but realizes that Luke doesn't truly care for her when he doesn't look at her while having sex. I still don't consider this to be rape as Franky wasn't having sex against her own will. Franky now leaves Luke and has a very emotional talk with her dad which leads her to realize that she is more than just a **** magnet and that she is a special girl. She finally breaks it off with Luke and tries to start a friendship with Nick.*

Overall, this is my favorite episode of the season because it shows extreme development with Franky. It shows the darker side of Franky and how she overcomes it. Franky is a very smart girl who needed to realize that she is a one of a kind to feel better about herself. This episode also shows how complex Franky is and how she has many emotions and feelings that she hasn't got a chance to express. Franky is more than a bitter girl, she has feeling to express. This episode is in my favorite episode of the Gen and in my top 5 episodes of Skins.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.