Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Well I enjoyed it. I felt bad for Franky at the end and even though I think it was way too early to drop the l word, I liked her scenes with Nick. Especially the last one. Oh and Franky's dads are awesome. I give it a B-.

Edit: I meant to say B+.
icon: skje

Last edited by jaycee19; 02-14-2012 at 12:15 PM
Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee19 (View Post)
Well I enjoyed it. I felt bad for Franky at the end and even though I think it was way too early to drop the l word, I liked her scenes with Nick. Especially the last one. Oh and Franky's dads are awesome.
My feelings exactly. I enjoyed it. The only problem I have with Nick/Franky is that they should have not made Nick already be in love with Franky, because it's just way too soon. The last scene was precious though

And her Dads are really amazing

Quote:
Yes Franky gets raped but the storyline is so contrived,
I don't know, it wasn't really rape... it was just abusive, but Franky went into it willingly. I felt really bad for her in that scene.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Addicted Fan

sean buckley smacked it once again. my favourite episode of s6 so far.
i thought the scene of franky apologising over and over to grace in the psychiatric hospital was really powerful.
and i thought her downward spiral made a lot of sense. she's been in and out of foster care her whole life. she got bullied very severely for a while as written in the novel. and the stuff with dean exposed her to a violent way of dealing with things. feeling responsible for the death of one of your best friends is going to hit you very hard aswell.
i think she'd literally lost any sense of self worth whatsoever.

joe cole's acting was brilliant and he was really funny at times.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
i thought the scene of franky apologising over and over to grace in the psychiatric hospital was really powerful.
Yes, it brought tears to my eyes (S6 has got to stop making me cry!) It was completely understandable the way she was acting this episode and that scene was perfect; very powerful.

eta: I also loved the scene where she's laughing and smiling when luke is kicking Nick then it's like she slowly comes out of this bubble she's been in the entire episode and realizes that's her friend. I thought that sequence was great.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelsket (View Post)
Yes, it brought tears to my eyes (S6 has got to stop making me cry!) It was completely understandable the way she was acting this episode and that scene was perfect; very powerful.

eta: I also loved the scene where she's laughing and smiling when luke is kicking Nick then it's like she slowly comes out of this bubble she's been in the entire episode and realizes that's her friend. I thought that sequence was great.
i agree. that was when she started to wake up a little. you could tell she didn't want to go off with luke from that point on but she had to in order to save nick.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

As a lone wolf I predicted this from Franky during series 5 so I am going to take full credit for being right. Glad to see more and more are finally on board with understanding.

Dakota Blue Richards. MyBliss Interview.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I don't know, it wasn't really rape... it was just abusive, but Franky went into it willingly. I felt really bad for her in that scene.
To me, it doesn't matter if Franky went into it willingly. She was never consenting to violent sex. The moment he shoved her head to the side and completely subjugated her, she was terrified. The mood of that scene shifted and with that, Franky's resolve. She didn't enjoy it at all. She was in obvious physical pain and she was traumatized and terrified of him after. If that isn't rape, I don't know what is.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanified (View Post)
To me, it doesn't matter if Franky went into it willingly. She was never consenting to violent sex. The moment he shoved her head to the side and completely subjugated her, she was terrified. The mood of that scene shifted and with that, Franky's resolve. She didn't enjoy it at all. She was in obvious physical pain and she was traumatized and terrified of him after. If that isn't rape, I don't know what is.
Yes, I completely agree with everything you said. It's just the word 'rape' suggests that he was forcing her to have sex with him, which he didn't at first. After he shoved her head I think it could be classified as rape because obviously if she could at that point she wouldn't want to have had sex with him at all.
And I don't know how willing she was in the first place... I was watching it on livestream and it wasn't very good quality, so I need to watch it a second time I think.

I should have explained myself better to begin with. sorry for confusion

Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yes, I completely agree with everything you said. It's just the word 'rape' suggests that he was forcing her to have sex with him, which he didn't at first. After he shoved her head I think it could be classified as rape because obviously if she could at that point she wouldn't want to have had sex with him at all.
And I don't know how willing she was in the first place... I was watching it on livestream and it wasn't very good quality, so I need to watch it a second time I think.

I should have explained myself better to begin with. sorry for confusion
I think she went into it willingly, as you said, but changed her mind at mid-point the moment the felt the situation had become threatening. But it was definitely consensual up to a point, since she was smiling and telling him to look her in the eye.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Addicted Fan

did anyone notice baby!effy winking in the psychiatric ward?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCat (View Post)
Possibly my least favorite episode ever. And I went into it with rather low expectations.
What was striking is how there is no earned emotion. An example is Nick being beaten. This is something that if developed could have obtained significant power. Instead it comes across as nothing more than an event that was pulled out of a hat. The impact that could have been there if Luke had been more than a caricature, if a burgeoning love by Nick for Franky had been developed in detail, and if Franky's character shift had felt organic. None of that has occurred.

So when the sequence occurs one immediately can sense the writing wheels turning which is never a good sign. One can sense people in a room going what can we do next to shock the audience.

The whole episode, as with everything excluding Alex, is crap. If the goal on series 6 was to turn Skins into the most sexist, misogynistic, lesbophobic and backwards show on television, they are succeeding. What an incredible, offensive debacle and no more so than in it's horrendous depiction of women.

Last edited by Inesal; 02-14-2012 at 07:27 AM
Old 02-14-2012, 07:38 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Rape = non consensual sex either at the beginning or during.
That scene was not rape. It was showing that she niether fits a dominator role nor submissive. And that if you want to be a person who feels nothing that is the consequence of such a life, that even in moments when you want some affection it doesn't exist.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think she went into it willingly, as you said, but changed her mind at mid-point the moment the felt the situation had become threatening. But it was definitely consensual up to a point, since she was smiling and telling him to look her in the eye.
Yep. It was consensual then turned into sex by force. It wasn't just rough consensual sex but sex in which Franky was stripped of any way of getting out of the situation and clearly did not want it. That some people see it as ambigious or even not rape is one of the most troubling things I have ever read. It reminds me of those cases where a prosecuting attorney is berating the rape victim going why did you not say no if you did not want it like that.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
Yep. It was consensual then turned into sex by force. It wasn't just rough consensual sex but sex in which Franky was stripped of any way of getting out of the situation and clearly did not want it. That some people see it as ambigious or even not rape is one of the most troubling things I have ever read. It reminds me of those cases where a prosecuting attorney is berating the rape victim going why did you not say no if you did not want it like that.
I couldn't agree more, seriously disturbing people are trying to make that it was entirely consensual. I wrote a tumblr about how frustrating it is to see teens (I assume mostly teens) justifying characters like Luke and Tate (AHS) because they are cute. If you want to like a character like that just like them, you don't have to justify what they did.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 AM
New Fan

I can see where the writers were going with this one. Frankie is however on the verge of being an annoying whiny character. The hanging out with Luke was understandable but only one one assumption that she doesn't know that he put the drugs in the van. That is the only way this episode makes sense but no matter how much she is unable to deal with her grief she wouldn't be hanging out with Luke and his friend knowing he planted drugs on her.

As for Nick loving Franky - IMHO is probaly him dealing with losing Matty and being in constant competition with Matty. Im thinking Nick hasn't told Franky about the real reason Matty ran because judging by the phone conversation with Matty where she said he left her, he started why he ran then she cut him of.