Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InIrelandItRainsXx (View Post)
He made Effeh Crazee
What a bastarddddd And also he never slept with her best friend behind her back was never raped by her best friend behind her back

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Addicted Fan

cook is like the worst friend ever. freddie is a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InIrelandItRainsXx (View Post)
they just played Judas on the radio Freffies, I nearly died.
ugh i can't stop listening to it.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Cook can be a good friend when he wants to and when the writers allow him. But JB doesn't like Cook being a good friend. He needs to ruin him completely and make it look like he has a zero respect for Freddie even after everything Freddie did to him. 4X07 destroyed all Cook's growth as a character. See, this episode sucks on every level even if we forget about the Foster thing.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah that's the thing. he was a really good friend at the end of 4x05. he seemed to have moved on from effy and cared for who meant most to him - freddie. then 4x07 was the complete opposite. i'll never understand that episode tbh.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

I will never understand 4x07 as an episode, especially after that wonderful Cook unseen. (Cook and wonderful in the same sentence, it should mean something ) He burned Effy's picture and then replaced it with a Jake picture, he said it was cool for Freddie to be with Effy... and then he's a moping child in the last two episodes? WTF writers.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

I remember being really nervous about 4x07 when the previews came out. Then I watched and it wasn't until the very end that I hated the episode.

CE didn't bother me because if anything it proved in the end Effy ALWAYS wanted Freddie. Even when her memories were fading and she was losing it. She wanted to be taken to Freddie. The hospital scene was perfection.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
CE didn't bother me because if anything it proved in the end Effy ALWAYS wanted Freddie. Even when her memories were fading and she was losing it. She wanted to be taken to Freddie. The hospital scene was perfection.
Yeah, CE didn't bother me as such, but Cook bothered me because Skins were just inconsistent with his character in S4, which bugged me... But it was clear that she wanted Freddie still, which I relieved about because after seeing the promo I was just really nervous for Freffy especially the way things ended in 4X05.
I love their last scene together; one of my favourite Freffy scenes ever. Just the fact the last words she said to him are 'I love you' has so much meaning, because she couldn't say it for so long and she said she was screwed because she loved Freddie, but still she's saying she still loves him.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

All the characters were so inconsistent in S4. But yeah they made it seem like Cook had finally made peace with things but then he was back trying to steal Effy away.

Effy chose Freddie again.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Loyal Fan

CE didn't really bother me, but I didn't exactly ship them because they were pretty much nothing beyond lust. Kind of like a friends with benefits kind of thing. What Freddie and Effy shared was much stronger.

Also by the way I just made a Freddie & Effy video to In My Veins if anyone wants to watch.
YouTube - freddie & effy ● in my veins ; skins
Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with all your posts This basically sums what problem I have with "CE" and thewhole thing:

Quote:
seemed to have moved on from effy and cared for who meant most to him - freddie. then 4x07 was the complete opposite.
Exactly. Actually, from the very beginning of the whole Cook's obsession with Effy I didn't get how he can sacrifice his friendship with Freddie, who was his only family, for Effy, who clearly doesn't love him. But in 4X05 it was so sweet to see that Cook seemed to be "cured" and become more mature as a person and loyal as a friend. I thought it is the beginning of something great for Cook's character, that now he is gonna prove that he will take care of Freddie the way Freddie took care of him for so long, that his obsession with Effy is over and he will never destroy his friendship with Freddie because of that. And then 4X07... I seriously don't know if you could write a worse episode for gen 2 and for these characters. It destroyed everything and everyone and all Cook's growth meant absolutely nothing.

As for CE in general, I only bothered because of Cook and Cook/Freddie friendship to be honest. I never even began to see a threat for FE in Cook since it was clear that Effy loved, loves and will always love Freddie. She chose him, time and time again. She gave him something he never gave to anyone before - her heart. She took such a risk letting herself love him. She knew it might not end well for her, but for Freddie she was willing to try.

But I will never understand why the writers went there with Cook. He was an eccentric free spirited womanizer in S3 and he had loads of girls and never ended up becoming obsessed with them and then all of a sudden he "loves" Effy, a girl who doesn't love him and loves his best friend? IMO, it just seemed unrealistc. He didn't even take his affair with Effy seriously before it turned out that she loves Freddie. It's like he just didn't want to deal with the fact that a girl chose Freddie over him and his ego was hurt.

Thanks for the vid! Gonna watch it now

Old 04-24-2011, 02:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

If you really love a friend, you should be able to put your "ego" aside & be happy for them (in this case him). Or so I think. That's also why I've never been a big Cook fan. I think Freddie always respected Cook (even too much), & in return, he didn't get treated the way he deserved. Cook knew Effy loved Freddie, he admitted it. He also knew that Freddie loved Effy & I think that's what should have made him step back.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't get why people actually think that Cook is a better friend than Freddie Freddie was always the one helping Cook out and it seemed Cook was always getting Freddie into more trouble. Also, Cook just never backed off of Freddie's relationship with Effy. Like Freddie said in 4x03, 'She love me... what can I do?' (Or something like that ) and Cook's all like, 'I don't want to hear it.' Cook was sometimes really cruel to Freddie (3x05 and 4x07 are the best examples really for me), but Freddie always forgave him, because... he's Freddie.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetrouble (View Post)
If you really love a friend, you should be able to put your "ego" aside & be happy for them (in this case him). Or so I think. That's also why I've never been a big Cook fan. I think Freddie always respected Cook (even too much), & in return, he didn't get treated the way he deserved. Cook knew Effy loved Freddie, he admitted it. He also knew that Freddie loved Effy & I think that's what should have made him step back.
I agree completely. Even thuogh I generally liked Cook as a character, but I always thought that he was never a good friend for Freddie while Freddie was an excellent friend for him, always sacrificing his own comfort and time to take care of Cook and get him out of trouble. Freddie shouldn't have allowed Cook to treat him like that. I believe Cook loved Freddie, though, but he never found a right way to show it before 4X05. In that episode I finally saw Cook that I always wanted to see, Cook who puts his friendship with Freddie first and who is ready to give up with obsession with Effy for their friendship and be there for Freddie. But then we get to see 4X07 where Cook tells Effy he'd "do it all again", because he "still loves her" and tries to steal her again. Well, he didn't succeed. As always, Effy chose Freddie. But I feel sorry that Cook's character needed to be effed up like that. Oh, JB, you are such a fan of Cook right?

Quote:
I don't get why people actually think that Cook is a better friend than Freddie Freddie was always the one helping Cook out and it seemed Cook was always getting Freddie into more trouble. Also, Cook just never backed off of Freddie's relationship with Effy. Like Freddie said in 4x03, 'She love me... what can I do?' (Or something like that ) and Cook's all like, 'I don't want to hear it.' Cook was sometimes really cruel to Freddie (3x05 and 4x07 are the best examples really for me), but Freddie always forgave him, because... he's Freddie
Couldn't agree more All Freddie did was being there for Cook and helping him. It was not his fault that Effy loved Freddie and chose him. Cook should have accepted it and respected it.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, Cook could have been a great character if he didn't just have one purpose: loving Effy.
In a show like Skins where the characters only get 2 series (unless you're Effy ), you can't just have one character pining over someone else for the whole two series The writers messed up with that one!

Old 04-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
But then we get to see 4X07 where Cook tells Effy he'd "do it all again", because he "still loves her" and tries to steal her again. Well, he didn't succeed. As always, Effy chose Freddie.

I still can't believe that. That was the worst backstab ever. Especially knowing how much Freddie had been suffering. I swear I seriously wanted to harm Cook. ,my happiness overcame the anger when Effy chose Freddie,once again & forever.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more All Freddie did was being there for Cook and helping him. It was not his fault that Effy loved Freddie and chose him. Cook should have accepted it and respected it.
Conclusion = Freddie, the best friend & boyfriend eva.