Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Addicted Fan

ye the bloody clothes and whatnot was disgusting. i just love cook in that scene tho. and i think the speech means alot. more than just 'IM COOK U SUCK' or w/e. imo he says that he's a fúck up, a senseless kid etc but then he says 'get it into your bonse, that you killed my friend, and... I'M COOK'. i don't see that as him saying 'i'm cook and i'm amazing'. i see that as him saying 'i'm nothing, i'm a fúck up, nobody loves me and bc of that i'm capable of anything, so how dare you take away the 1 person that i really loved.' (freddie obvs). then he takes revenge.

Last edited by raybanchica; 04-26-2011 at 02:47 PM
Old 04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Addicted Fan

saw that you edited your cmt, edited mine too.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

yeah I wish I could make meaning of it
Old 04-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Addicted Fan

i just see it as frook love.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
i just see it as frook love.
I'm the biggest Frook fan and I wish I was able to love it, but I don't. I also get that Cook really meant to avenge Freddie and it wasn't "I'm Cook and I am awesome" at all, but that is how it was for Cook, not for the writers. The writers seemed to see it as an epic moment for Cook. Though for true there was nothing epic in it at all. It was just a very bad writing, it was Jack doing his best, but not being able to fix the **** that was already written. And imo, the closing scene of gen 2 should not have been like that. Effy should have gotten a proper closure and instead of "I'm Cook" we should have gotten an Effy closing scene, because Effy, basically, is Skins. It would have made much more sense, imo

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I'm the biggest Frook fan and I wish I was able to love it, but I don't. I also get that Cook really meant to avenge Freddie and it wasn't "I'm Cook and I am awesome" at all, but that is how it was for Cook, not for the writers. The writers seemed to see it as an epic moment for Cook. Though for true there was nothing epic in it at all. It was just a very bad writing, it was Jack doing his best, but not being able to fix the **** that was already written. And imo, the closing scene of gen 2 should not have been like that. Effy should have gotten a proper closure and instead of "I'm Cook" we should have gotten an Effy closing scene, because Effy, basically, is Skins. It would have made much more sense, imo
i do agree with all of this. i wish the ending scene had been different, i wish we'd gotten proper closure, but the scene in itself, i like. it's nowhere near being one of my favourite scenes, but it is the ONLY thing i enjoyed in the foster storyline, and for that i appreciate it.

i know this is random but did anyone else hate that scene in the finale when foster was dancing to michael jackson or something with roses in his mouth. i think it was meant to be funny but i hated it. it was like they were trying to make a joke out of the ridiculous brainwashing storyline that almost ruined the gen. it just made it even more unbelievable.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i do agree with all of this. i wish the ending scene had been different, i wish we'd gotten proper closure, but the scene in itself, i like. it's nowhere near being one of my favourite scenes, but it is the ONLY thing i enjoyed in the foster storyline, and for that i appreciate it.

i know this is random but did anyone else hate that scene in the finale when foster was dancing to michael jackson or something with roses in his mouth. i think it was meant to be funny but i hated it. it was like they were trying to make a joke out of the ridiculous brainwashing storyline that almost ruined the gen. it just made it even more unbelievable.
LMAO. Well, honestly, I didn't even have an energy to hate anything about the final. I watched the last epi for like one time and I remember I even skipped bits. I am never gonna rewatch it, ever again and now I feel like I've almost forgotten what was it about and I'm happy with it

And seriously, the show turned out to be not a relatable story about teens and not even about Effy, Freddie, Cook and everyone, it was about a crazy psychoterapist who has a bat and it's scary. That is what basically gen 2 turned out to be about. This is what JB made it about. Gosh, still can't believe that our flawless Freffy where a part of this ****ery

Last edited by mary ksand; 04-26-2011 at 03:44 PM
Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Well, honestly, I didn't even have an energy to hate it. I mean, it was all SO effing stupid that I was just like: "Do whatever! It was all a joke and I don't care anymore". And seriously, the show turned out to be not a relatable story about teens and not even about Effy, Freddie, Cook and everyone, it was about a crazy psychoterapist who has a bat and it's scary. That is what basically gen 2 turned out to be about. This is what JB made it about. Gosh, still can't believe that our flawless Freffy where a part of this ****ery
lol it's so true. that's the note gen 2 ended on and it deserved much better than that. it had so much potential. i'll always appreciate series 3 though which managed to be flawless. when you compare series 3 as a whole and 4's ending it's hard to believe they're written by the same people.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
lol it's so true. that's the note gen 2 ended on and it deserved much better than that. it had so much potential. i'll always appreciate series 3 though which managed to be flawless. when you compare series 3 as a whole and 4's ending it's hard to believe they're written by the same people.
Oh, you are telling me that I adored S3 and this season got me into the show. I was so happy to finally find a show I thought I am going to love, I thought it was well done and well-written, I fell in love with all the characters. However, in S4 the writers started making the decisions that I could not approve and the generally S4 lacked good writing from the start, so closer to the ending of S4 I only eneded up caring for Freddie and Effy and maybe Cook sometimes, though imo his character was so wasted and could have done much better. Then 4X05 brought back my faith in Skins again and I thought that finally good writing came back, finally Skins can again touch my heart and tell a real story. And then you know what it turned out to be.

You thought it was about a boy who's mother commited suicide and who now had a drama of going through it all again with his girlfriend? You think again! It was about an insane terapist who can brainwash people and beat them with bats

Old 04-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
You thought it was about a boy who's mother commited suicide and who now had a drama of going through it all again with his girlfriend? You think again! It was about an insane terapist who can brainwash people and beat them with bats
It just wasn't even about the characters in the end, it was about a psycho-therapist and they actually threw in some amnesia in that story line too. And if you ask anyone, the worst possible story line a tv show/movie can do is amnesia, so talk about going downhill in writing quality!
Another problem with series 4 is that Skins create too many couples in series 3, so they felt they had to follow through with those pairings in series 4. The only change we got was JJ/Lara and Thomas/Katie... I think they've learnt their lesson this series by having options with couplings for next series as I would say the only definite couple that was formed was Rich/Grace.
Series 4 was way too couple/individual characters focussed and less about the group then they went to crazy therapists and the police being after Cook.... Like what?? It makes me laugh when people say 'Series 5 isn't Skins anymore!' because hello, no series should ever go into the story lines S4 went into, especially not Skins.
The only things that came out well by the end of the series was Katie (even though if you look at her story line - early menopause??) and Freffy (but one of them was murdered with a baseball bat by a psycho therapist!) and everything/everyone came off worse due to the ridiculous overall writing of series 4. I didn't even realize how bad it was until after watching the series as a whole, because only then you look at the story lines and go 'what were they thinking?'
Hopefully this all makes sense

Old 04-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh my god, they are so cute...

Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It just wasn't even about the characters in the end, it was about a psycho-therapist and they actually threw in some amnesia in that story line too. And if you ask anyone, the worst possible story line a tv show/movie can do is amnesia, so talk about going downhill in writing quality!
OMG, yes! It is even funny that some writers still haven't heared about this SL being a cliche and never working well for characters. It was so not fitting and really, it didn't even do much for the story. Same goes to Freddie's death. Again, I would have been able to accept any character's death if it makes sense. In Freddie's case I don't even have proper words to describe how nonsensical, not needed and retarded it was. Change the fact of a psycho terapist having a bat and beating Freddie with it - and nothing is gonna change. Not to mention that this thing overall looked like a cheap horror movie, VERY cheap one. And even if the writers came up and said: "Freddie wasn't meant to be really dead, he can in coma or something and Foster didn't beat him up to death" my opinion wouldn't change. The ridiculousness of what happened still stays. A show about teens? LOL. After 4X07 what the writers said about wanting the teens to feel that they are not alone and wanting to create a relatable show for them sounds funny, to put it mildly.

Quote:
Another problem with series 4 is that Skins create too many couples in series 3, so they felt they had to follow through with those pairings in series 4. The only change we got was JJ/Lara and Thomas/Katie...
You know, I kinda felt that even those pairings that where created in S3 didn't get any justice. Thomas/Panda? We know how much of a joke they where in S4. Naomi/Emily where so effed up and even as someone who liked them, I'd say they didn't get any kind of a good writing towards the end and especially S4 final was just ridic for them. I know there are people who think that Naomi's speach was cute and god, Lily did a fantastic job, but it was mostly like the "I'm Cook" thing with Jack - the actor did his best and the scene was amazing, but made a ZERO sense.

Quote:
Series 4 was way too couple/individual characters focussed and less about the group then they went to crazy therapists and the police being after Cook....
LOL so true. Such a relatable story for teens, skins and I'd say, even SL like Cook's could have worked well, and could have been good for his character growth (the whole taking responsibility thing and all), but it ended up being so irrelevant for him, because he didn't show ANY growth, he escaped and will be living as a criminal. Awesome.

Quote:
The only things that came out well by the end of the series was Katie (even though if you look at her story line - early menopause??) and Freffy (but one of them was murdered with a baseball bat by a psycho therapist!) and everything/everyone came off worse due to the ridiculous overall writing of series 4
Perfect summary

Even though I don't feel like ever watching Skins again after everything (just emotionally hard for me), but I really hope that they are not gonna eff up so much with their S6. A bitchy little immature kid in me is glad that their raitings are low, but as someone who understands it's a tv and I shouldn't take it so seriously (though sometimes I do lol) I really wish the new cast good luck and wich their characters have a decent exit in the end of S6.

Aww, that gif How are they so adorable?!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

I miss Freffy even though I say this like once every month
Old 04-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InIrelandItRainsXx (View Post)
I miss Freffy even though I say this like once every month
We all miss them, Naimh. But we should be greatful that out of all the things that went wrong with gen 2, these two where never effed up or screwed, because it is impossible. Freffy where better than Skins by default

Credit: sweetrouble.tumblr.com

Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

"And your all clear now?"

"yeah, clear as a bell"

:')