Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinySnapdragon (View Post)
IMO there's such a stark contrast between Freddie in this scene and Cook in the scene where he slaps her. I'm not saying the slap makes Cook abusive or whatever, but it certainly wasn't the way to handle the situation. It's great that he saved her and all, but if it had been Freddie on the sidewalk with her maybe she wouldn't have run out onto the road in the first place. Just saying.
but no one makes Effy crazy like Freddie

seriously i agree
Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I loved the way Freds didn't try and make her come out or anything, he just lay down like she was and told her he would look after her
That's true. This moment shows greatly what Freddie is about, what he is. He doesn't yall at her or call her crazy, he doesn't demend her to get out of there. No, he just gets at her level, just lays down there - he is willing to enter her world to understand what is going on with her and help her. He wants to keep her safe. He does everything to keep her safe and comfortable.

And thanks to JB we got to see this conrtast:

Quote:
IMO there's such a stark contrast between Freddie in this scene and Cook in the scene where he slaps her. I'm not saying the slap makes Cook abusive or whatever, but it certainly wasn't the way to handle the situation. It's great that he saved her and all, but if it had been Freddie on the sidewalk with her maybe she wouldn't have run out onto the road in the first place. Just saying.
I find it hilarious how JB planned this episode as pro-CE (apparently), but he only proved how Cook is wrong for Effy on so many levels. He doesn't know how to deal with her. Not only he proved to be a crappy friend and make no growth (thanks JB!), but also his obsession with Effy brings the worst in him. Seriously, Cook was never abusive with other women before. I can't imagine him hitting any of the other girls. This obsession with Effy made him look horrible. And YES. If Freddie was there, he'd find a way to comfort her. She wouldn't run onto the road. That is why I never saw it as Cook "saving" her. It was his fault she ran there.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, that's the irony for me. I know a lot of Cook fans see 407 as a wonderful episode for them, but... I was a Cook fan before 407, and for me it was actually pretty devastating to see him completely regress the way he did. Especially because I'm not sure it was even clearly understood by the writers as a regression.

I just try to block 407 out of my mind and focus on the Cook who held onto Freddie at the end of 405. That's the guy I wanted him to keep being

Guhh, this moment. I love how she just appeared in his garden, it was so perfect.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:20 AM
Absolute Fan

I love that scene as well and in the shed too... I loved the dialogue and also the fact that she totally ditched Cook, which was really a first sign that she'll always choose Freddie over Cook imo. 3x05 was Freffy heaven for me (apart from the ending, which was really sad... poor Freds )

Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
That's true. This moment shows greatly what Freddie is about, what he is. He doesn't yall at her or call her crazy, he doesn't demend her to get out of there. No, he just gets at her level, just lays down there - he is willing to enter her world to understand what is going on with her and help her. He wants to keep her safe. He does everything to keep her safe and comfortable.

And thanks to JB we got to see this conrtast:

I find it hilarious how JB planned this episode as pro-CE (apparently), but he only proved how Cook is wrong for Effy on so many levels. He doesn't know how to deal with her. Not only he proved to be a crappy friend and make no growth (thanks JB!), but also his obsession with Effy brings the worst in him. Seriously, Cook was never abusive with other women before. I can't imagine him hitting any of the other girls. This obsession with Effy made him look horrible. And YES. If Freddie was there, he'd find a way to comfort her. She wouldn't run onto the road. That is why I never saw it as Cook "saving" her. It was his fault she ran there.
JB said that? do you have a link to the source? i need to see this for myself. i don't usually hear JB so pro-freffy.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
JB said that? do you have a link to the source? i need to see this for myself. i don't usually hear JB so pro-freffy.
No, I was simply quoting Sophy I mean that JB was supposed to be all pro-CE in 4X07, but what he actually did was showing how Cook is not the right guy for Effy

If you want JB pro-FE quotes, he's been asked whom he thinks Effy belonged with, Freddie or Cook, and he said Freddie. Also someone asked him to say what is his fave couple and he said he is "a big freffy fan" himself Also when he had to choose between Freffy and Naomily, he chose Freffy.

Quote:
I was a Cook fan before 407, and for me it was actually pretty devastating to see him completely regress the way he did. Especially because I'm not sure it was even clearly understood by the writers as a regression.
I'm so with you here I was a big Cook fan before that episode and always kinda kept defending him. 4X05 I remember I was almost squeeling, I was like, see, Cook can be a good friend. And then what I see in 4X07? Him trying to steal Effy again even after he saw Freddie's suffering, and saying "he'd do it all again. The ****s, the **** ups, everything", WTF?!!! This line completely destroyed all his growth, but apparently JB thought it was so cool and well-written

Quote:
I just try to block 407 out of my mind and focus on the Cook who held onto Freddie at the end of 405. That's the guy I wanted him to keep being
THIS

Quote:
love that scene as well and in the shed too... I loved the dialogue and also the fact that she totally ditched Cook, which was really a first sign that she'll always choose Freddie over Cook imo. 3x05 was Freffy heaven for me (apart from the ending, which was really sad... poor Freds )
Yeah, we can clearly see that Effy is into Freddie. And Freddie was also not about to give up on her. That's our Freds, he's gonna fight for his girl and let her know how he feels about her, but if she rejects him, he is not gonna be pushy and whiny. Later he tried to move on with Katie, even though he still loved Effy, but he waited for Effy to make a move this time. And we got a wood sex

Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Pretty sure JB also said 405 was his favourite ep of the season one time. It's funny, but I honestly don't think he dislikes Freffy or meant to write something that offended us this much, but yeah... lol. What's done is done.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Pretty sure JB also said 405 was his favourite ep of the season one time. It's funny, but I honestly don't think he dislikes Freffy or meant to write something that offended us this much, but yeah... lol. What's done is done.
Lol yeah. I also don't think he was meant to be offencive there, especially with the whole ILY, ILY, ILY moment and he made it clear that Effy loves Freddie and always will, but however, what he did was just wrong and imo, silly. He was so obsessed with the idea of killing off someone in a shocking way, that he wrote this whole episode of pure nonsense.

Also as a Cook fan, why did he need to screw him up so much?! He basically destroyed all his growth. Cook comes and tries to steal Effy behind Freddie's back (not knowing what happened between FE), even after he saw Freddie being in so much pain. He says he'd do it all again and basically admits that he'd hurt Freddie so much again and that he hasn't understood anything or learned anything. A total and absolute downfall of Cook. They tried to fix it by making Cook avenging Freddie, but it so didn't work: Cook wasn't just doing it for Freddie, he also did it for himself, because he had a psycho with a bat standing in front of him, of course he had to do something. So much fail, these two episodes where. I know JB gets upset when people say he destroyed everything by 4X07, but that's pretty much what happened...

It doesn't erase all the FE awesomeness we got in both seasons though.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Total Fan

true. no matter how the story ended, we still have what we got and it's what matters. funny thing is the line Cook says, "It's about the journey" ends up fitting rather well for Freddie and Effy's love life.

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberness (View Post)
true. no matter how the story ended, we still have what we got and it's what matters. funny thing is the line Cook says, "It's about the journey" ends up fitting rather well for Freddie and Effy's love life.
Lmao, ikr? The journey quote never fitted CE at all It was about FE all the way Freddie had his journey together with Effy, by Effy's side. He wasn't the one to jump in with love declaration, he was the one who was just there, proving his love to her.

To me, the story ended on ILY. It was the last moment of 4X07 that made sense. What doesn't make sense should be just forgotten and it means the rest of the episode and the next episode

EDIT: just been to Russian Skins fandom, I usually never check up on it, but I got curious and LMAO. By far more than a half of people there ship Freffy. Even the handcore Cook fans admit that Effy belonged with Freddie

Last edited by mary ksand; 04-25-2011 at 01:28 PM
Old 04-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yep this is true. I honestly think the dude was so wrapped up in the idea of Effy never being right for any kind of relationship and having this huge moment in her episode (her dying and then freddie dying) that he didn't consider the impact on the rest of the generation.

Also I am happy both Luke and Kaya have acting jobs coming up. Kaya's filming this new movie, Twenty2K right now.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also I am happy both Luke and Kaya have acting jobs coming up. Kaya's filming this new movie, Twenty2K right now
I am so happy as well that our bb's are doing fine They did an amazing job with Skins, but I'm really glad they are going to be famous for staring in some other projects too.

Image Credit: sweetrouble.tumblr.com

Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Passionate Fan

The 'I'd do it all again' line was so face-palm-worthy. I think it was supposed to be romantic and I can see how people took it that way, because Jack's delivery was great as always... but then if you think about it and take a step back you're like 'What the hell? 'I'd do it all again'? What a way to confirm complete lack of character growth.'

I LOVE the classroom scene with their hands on the desk. I didn't appreciate it enough the first time around, but after seeing the whole series and knowing how much it meant to Effy - that it's not a game, it's actually pretty damn terrifying... it's such a touching thing.

(haha, a touching thing.)

EDIT - How big is Luke's part in the Borgias? Has he appeared yet? I really want to watch the show, but I'm not sure I have time. Is it good overall?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The 'I'd do it all again' line was so face-palm-worthy. I think it was supposed to be romantic and I can see how people took it that way, because Jack's delivery was great as always... but then if you think about it and take a step back you're like 'What the hell? 'I'd do it all again'? What a way to confirm complete lack of character growth.'

I LOVE the classroom scene with their hands on the desk. I didn't appreciate it enough the first time around, but after seeing the whole series and knowing how much it meant to Effy - that it's not a game, it's actually pretty damn terrifying... it's such a touching thing.

(haha, a touching thing.)

EDIT - How big is Luke's part in the Borgias? Has he appeared yet? I really want to watch the show, but I'm not sure I have time. Is it good overall?
I like the Borgias. I love the language in it. Its just..old school. People don't talk like that anymore. The ep that just aired started Lukes storyline and I am really enjoying it. Its not huge but it is a pretty big part of the show. It involves Lucrezia Borgias who is definitely a main character.

I don't know how 407 could be pro Cook ever. He gave up all the progress he made with that line that was not romantic and just really really pathetic, then tried to hook up with his best friends girl again and then yelled at said best friend about how he should grow up right before friend was murdered. Awesome.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know how 407 could be pro Cook ever. He gave up all the progress he made with that line that was not romantic and just really really pathetic, then tried to hook up with his best friends girl again and then yelled at said best friend about how he should grow up right before friend was murdered. Awesome.
Exactly. I can't even begin to see it as pro-Cook, because this one line destroyed his character and his growth completely and absolutely. He tries to hook up with Effy again, even after seeing Freddie's pain, and then says he'd "do it all again", which basically means that he would willingly hurt Freddie again due to try AND fail again with a girl who doesn't even want him. Then we are supposed to believe that Cook is the good romantic guy (aka I slap women and then when they run away onto the road I save them) and Freddie is the one who wanted to "leave", even though 4X05 clearly proved us that he would never leave. And even if Freddie needed time to think and to be on his own, it didn't give Cook a right to tell him to grow up. You are Cook! You just tried to hook up with Effy again and admitted that you would hurt your best friend who was your only family again, and you are now saying that Freddie should grow up?! Please. Ugh. So pathetic.

Now you see why I could never buy JB's "love" for Cook. He was the one who destroyed his character completely, which is a shame, because before that I was always the one who kept defending Cook. I thought that he effs up a lot, but he is a good person and yeah, bastard, but a charming bastard. But thanks, JB. You made him look like he was nothing but JUST a bastard.

Luke is adorable in the Borgias. He plays a nice guy again and that makes him likable. He is amazing.