View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 AM
mary ksand
Elite Fan

I agree with all your posts This basically sums what problem I have with "CE" and thewhole thing:

Quote:
seemed to have moved on from effy and cared for who meant most to him - freddie. then 4x07 was the complete opposite.
Exactly. Actually, from the very beginning of the whole Cook's obsession with Effy I didn't get how he can sacrifice his friendship with Freddie, who was his only family, for Effy, who clearly doesn't love him. But in 4X05 it was so sweet to see that Cook seemed to be "cured" and become more mature as a person and loyal as a friend. I thought it is the beginning of something great for Cook's character, that now he is gonna prove that he will take care of Freddie the way Freddie took care of him for so long, that his obsession with Effy is over and he will never destroy his friendship with Freddie because of that. And then 4X07... I seriously don't know if you could write a worse episode for gen 2 and for these characters. It destroyed everything and everyone and all Cook's growth meant absolutely nothing.

As for CE in general, I only bothered because of Cook and Cook/Freddie friendship to be honest. I never even began to see a threat for FE in Cook since it was clear that Effy loved, loves and will always love Freddie. She chose him, time and time again. She gave him something he never gave to anyone before - her heart. She took such a risk letting herself love him. She knew it might not end well for her, but for Freddie she was willing to try.

But I will never understand why the writers went there with Cook. He was an eccentric free spirited womanizer in S3 and he had loads of girls and never ended up becoming obsessed with them and then all of a sudden he "loves" Effy, a girl who doesn't love him and loves his best friend? IMO, it just seemed unrealistc. He didn't even take his affair with Effy seriously before it turned out that she loves Freddie. It's like he just didn't want to deal with the fact that a girl chose Freddie over him and his ego was hurt.

Thanks for the vid! Gonna watch it now

icon: swanspirate@tumblr