Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Lisa, the 50/50 of the situation is driving me crazy right now. Tomorrow I'll be a mess

Too bad the lack of spoilers or insider info.

"Stay alive. I will find you" *crumbles*

Quote:
If all this is just to beat the crap out of the characters to leave them with basically nothing but grief to look forward to then it was pointless. And JB's response to people and HH was fcking disgusting. He laughed at her pain. That gives me hope that it does get turned around at the last minute. So Skins can sit back and say 'what? we gave you a positive ending. Wasn't the angst worth it?'
I'm praying this is the final outcome.

Quote:
JB said they want to go out on a high. Killing off Naomily isn't a high that is a low.
We all know that JB is not the most reliable person in the world. White can mean black in his mouth.

"It's a love story about a girl who doesn't want to be in love". Jack Thorne
Old 07-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Lisa, the 50/50 of the situation is driving me crazy right now. Tomorrow I'll be a mess
I am prepared for it to be saved in the last couple of minutes after a time jump. Or for them to leave us with some contrived bollocks ending of Emily and Effy at Naomi's bedside saying they love her and they'll be with her till the end whenever that is I honestly don't know which it will be anymore.

Quote:
I'm praying this is the final outcome.
The possibility still exists. We don't have anything to say outright she's left dying. Just that Pt 2 will be hell to watch.

Quote:
We all know that JB is not the most reliable person in the world. White can mean black in his mouth.
BE also said they wanted it to go out liked by the viewers. And he knew if they made any mistakes they'd hear about it. Lily and Kat talked about how it would be nice to give closure to the viewers Oh, I'm sorry since when is a character left dying and her girlfriend left with fck all except photography closure?

I think that Jess, JB, BE, Lily and Kat all need to relearn English if they consider a bad ending closure, nice, a high, a good way to end things. Because that is the various ways all of them have described Fire.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
I am prepared for it to be saved in the last couple of minutes after a time jump. Or for them to leave us with some contrived bollocks ending of Emily and Effy at Naomi's bedside saying they love her and they'll be with her till the end whenever that is I honestly don't know which it will be anymore.
My God, please it not be the latter. Pathetic ending, that would be.

Quote:
Just that Pt 2 will be hell to watch.
That's the only certainty we have.

Quote:
BE also said they wanted it to go out liked by the viewers. And he knew if they made any mistakes they'd hear about it. Lily and Kat talked about how it would be nice to give closure to the viewers Oh, I'm sorry since when is a character left dying and her girlfriend left with fck all except photography closure?

I think that Jess, JB, BE, Lily and Kat all need to relearn English if they consider a bad ending closure, nice, a high, a good way to end things. Because that is the various ways all of them have described Fire.
Oh I didn't recall all the names and catchphrases they said, but if they do fail, the fall will be much harder.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Tomorrow when I get home from work (the show is over by then) the first thing I will do is to line up shots of vodka before turning on my laptop. I just don't think I can handle this sh1t sober.

FFS it's only Monday, two of my colleagues are on vacation this week and I have additional work to handle--I cannot afford to have a short fuse for the rest of the week.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:20 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithoftheheart (View Post)
Tomorrow when I get home from work (the show is over by then) the first thing I will do is to line up shots of vodka before turning on my laptop. I just don't think I can handle this sh1t sober.

FFS it's only Monday, two of my colleagues are on vacation this week and I have additional work to handle--I cannot afford to have a short fuse for the rest of the week.
Yeah, I'm going to be a pathetic lil wreck along with Emily for a while if this ends badly. I'm buying alcohol on the way home tomorrow just in case.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have never had a TV show cause me this much anxiety, made me feel this sh1tty and made me this depressed as Skins have done to me now. You have wrecked me emotionally, Skins.

Did I know that was possible? no. I didn't know you could feel actual almost physical pain because of a storyline. I am sitting here feeling sick with anxiety. And Naomi could still pull through in the end. If I'm this bad now I'll probably puke tonight if I hear it's ends badly. That is before I start crying. Then throwing a major mental tantrum. I will be swearing all over here, Twitter and Tumblr if Jess fcks Naomily over.

Then I will be deleting everything to do with this fcking toxic show. I can't handle it anymore. If they take away the best part of it all then they deserve no fans. You have one more chance, Skins. Naomily better survive or you go down as my most despised show. And I will seriously reconsider my opinion on whether you really are a lesbianphobic programme. After you tanked the lesbians on Dates to do it to Naomily as well in less than two weeks will call a lot into question about your attitudes.

Quote:
My God, please it not be the latter. Pathetic ending, that would be.
I don't think I'd ever stop vomiting in disgust.

Quote:
Oh I didn't recall all the names and catchphrases they said, but if they do fail, the fall will be much harder.
They will get so much backlash it will make WWII look like a catfight.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ughhhhh stop making me feel more scared! Ahhh. Jnddidhdishfisbeishsjhd. You're not suppose to care this much about fictional characters, but I do, so FCK YOU Jess if you ruin this for me. This show has actually helped me so much. Naomily helped me so much. I didn't even realize how attracted to girls I was until I watched this show. And it made it okay to like girls. It's not bad, it's okay. SO FCK YOU JESS AND SKINS. Dont ruin it.
It also made me realize how much I love Kat so...haha.

Last edited by Kathrynlove; 07-07-2013 at 08:07 PM
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've been so busy with work and social events I've barely been online this week...and now I've caught up on fandom news and UGH, I almost wish I hadn't. All the signs post to a very dire outcome for Naomi/Naomily.

I honestly wish they hadn't brought them back; especially if one of them dies. Also; when will this show get out of the "we need drama, look let's kill off someone." In a way, it worked well with Chris, and to a lesser extent, Grace, but the Freddie murder was a debacle that was never explained and the same will be said if they kill of Naomily. FML.

I'll be at work during the broadcast and I'll have to check tumblr. I just need to know the outcome.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Are there other reviews for Part 2 out?

Quote:
Also; when will this show get out of the "we need drama, look let's kill off someone."
IKR?! Everyone is obsessed with death in this show

It may seem silly but I'm still holding onto this quote by Jess for AE we already talked about the other day:

Quote:
And whilst it’s a slightly risky generalization to make, a relationship triumphing when there are a set of circumstances that seem difficult, or insurmountable, must speak to some people in the gay community.
They better triumph...

Old 07-08-2013, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are no new reviews out, Buck. That Timeout one is the only one there is. Other than the DS quick write up which told us nothing.

---------------------------------

Emily got the 8th spot and Naomi got the 9th in the Digital Spy best Skins character poll. They are always higher than that elsewhere. I'm not surprised they're lower here as DS are notoriously a bit lesbianphobic through their posters. It's why I'm not a big fan of the site.

'Skins': Joe Dempsie's Chris is best character, say Digital Spy readers - Skins News - TV - Digital Spy

Quote:
Popular couple 'Naomily' took the eighth and ninth slots, with Kathryn Prescott's Emily (4.76%) coming just ahead of Lily Loveless's Naomi (4.2%).
They called them Naomily and had a Naomily pic for them instead of solo ones. Everyone see's them as a unit. So to think Skins may be breaking apart that unit to leave Emily alone in the future c'mon, Jess redeem this right at the end you can do it with one last time jump as a sort of epilogue. We could get remission news.

If Naomi is dying when Emily returns then how are her reactions extreme? I'd say they were fcking calm. I only hope they're extreme because Naomi isn't dying and she overreacts to the situation.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
There are no new reviews out, Buck. That Timeout one is the only one there is. Other than the DS quick write up which told us nothing.
I keep reading those AE interviews like a maniac to find some hidden reassurance. God, this is embarrassing

Quote:
They called them Naomily and had a Naomily pic for them instead of solo ones. Everyone see's them as a unit. So to think Skins may be breaking apart that unit to leave Emily alone in the future c'mon, Jess redeem this right at the end you can do it with one last time jump as a sort of epilogue. We could get remission news.
Am I the only want who think the time jumps in Fire are lazy and poor? However, now I do want a flashforward to see if Naomi is healthy or not.

Quote:
If Naomi is dying when Emily returns then how are her reactions extreme? I'd say they were fcking calm. I only hope they're extreme because Naomi isn't dying and she overreacts to the situation.
I were her, I'd kill a million puppies.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE=Buckbeak;70501624]
Quote:
I keep reading those AE interviews like a maniac to find some hidden reassurance. God, this is embarrassing
There is still hope. We have never been told that Naomi will die. Just that it is difficult and that the send off is touching.

Quote:
Am I the only want who think the time jumps in Fire are lazy and poor? However, now I do want a flashforward to see if Naomi is healthy or not.
Pt 1 had a time jump from Spring to Summer and Effy was a big stock broker then. It is lazy writing but Pt 2 will jump from Summer to December and we'll only see little parts of Naomi's treatment. There's no reason they can't do one more at the end. Or even just have her get good news in December. Maybe she's just had surgery and it looks like it may have cleared the cancer.

Quote:
I were her, I'd kill a million puppies.
She has every reason to go berserk if she doesn't find out till Naomi is terminal. That is just cruel.

-----------------------------

I can't believe there are some people on Tumblr defending this sh1t. Some are saying how she should still love Skins anyway because it doesn't matter if Naomi dies There is no Naomily without Naomi, you fools. And Emily has nothing but a bleak future ahead of her. Why is that something we should love Skins for?

Of course it will ruin the show for a lot of people. Naomily were the most beloved part. Even Digital Spy have called Skins cruel if they take away their happy ending. And they are an unbiased media sight. So of course actual shippers will be devastated and angry. That is natural. We don't all live in fanfic were they'll just rewrite the ending and pretend it's real

---------------------------

Quote:
@Skins

Here's a little something to get you in the mood for @Skins Fire Pt 2. It's a corker! Tonight on E4 @ 10pm #skins https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...oER2Vqqs#at=17
How about you stop pimping Naomily if you're just going to have Naomi die. It's not a corker under those circumstances. This is my only hope that they know it ends alright.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:38 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I have never had a TV show cause me this much anxiety, made me feel this sh1tty and made me this depressed as Skins have done to me now. You have wrecked me emotionally, Skins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbeak (View Post)
I woke up this morning at 4:30 to swim because I'm so fidgety about this. I didn't really help. Now I'm tired and still a wreck.

[QUOTE=Skinsfan;70501936]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbeak (View Post)
I can't believe there are some people on Tumblr defending this sh1t. Some are saying how she should still love Skins anyway because it doesn't matter if Naomi dies There is no Naomily without Naomi, you fools. And Emily has nothing but a bleak future ahead of her. Why is that something we should love Skins for?

Of course it will ruin the show for a lot of people. Naomily were the most beloved part. Even Digital Spy have called Skins cruel if they take away their happy ending. And they are an unbiased media sight. So of course actual shippers will be devastated and angry. That is natural. We don't all live in fanfic were they'll just rewrite the ending and pretend it's real
How on earth does someone defend this? There's a time for characters to die in a story. I get that. But something like that needs to be handled and executed really well, and Jess and Skins haven't earned this character death. It just makes no sense and, worse, is unnecessarily cruel.

I don't know how I'll feel about Naomily after this. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about this and get another happyish ending.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
This is my only hope that they know it ends alright.
Such pimping just to kill a character is sheer cruelty.

Quote:
Pt 1 had a time jump from Spring to Summer and Effy was a big stock broker then. It is lazy writing but Pt 2 will jump from Summer to December and we'll only see little parts of Naomi's treatment. There's no reason they can't do one more at the end. Or even just have her get good news in December. Maybe she's just had surgery and it looks like it may have cleared the cancer.
I'd sign for the surgery then clear scenario any day.

Quote:

Most of the fandom on Tumblr live in a paralell universe. Call me a fan snob, but they don't know a thing about this show going by the pile of nonsense you have to read in some blogs. Hell, I got more info about S7 reading this old thread of ours, than Tumblr. I like fanfic but I need to have my ship safe on canon first, then I can imagine all kinds of possibilities for them when I think about fanfic.

More than cruel, if Skins kills them, they will lost all the credit. Dumb, dumb move.

Quote:
How on earth does someone defend this? There's a time for characters to die in a story. I get that. But something like that needs to be handled and executed really well, and Jess and Skins haven't earned this character death. It just makes no sense and, worse, is unnecessarily cruel.
THIS.

Quote:
I woke up this morning at 4:30 to swim because I'm so fidgety about this. I didn't really help. Now I'm tired an
Really? Oh pal, I feel you I don't know if I¡ll be able to handle this situation.

Last edited by Buckbeak; 07-08-2013 at 05:03 AM
Old 07-08-2013, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I don't know how I'll feel about Naomily after this. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about this and get another happyish ending.
I am amazed that any Naomily fan would defend Naomi's possible death. Under what circumstances or justification is it necessary?

Why did they need to bring Naomily back to be in the background of Effy's storyline to only kill Naomi off and sideline Emily?

Those people need to explain to me in what universe that story needed to be told. Because I see no reason for it to even exist. Naomily had their ending and their characters already came full circle in S4. They didn't need to come back and certainly not to destroy them. Why not have brought Katie or Pandora back to kill one of them? why Naomi?

It will be ruined for me if it's a bad ending NGL. A storyline is only as good as it's journey and destination. I need both to love something. And Skins will be ruined because I will have lost all respect for them that they crapped all over a culturally important storyline for the sake of cheap, sloppily written and rushed drama. This is not closure and it's not a celebration of the show. It's just sadistic. Loads of young people do not die Three deaths was already too many. Effy having two deaths of people closest to her is just unrealistic. Why not kill Effy, Cassie or Cook if they had to kill someone. Why pick a previously happy character who is only a guest star? It's madness.

------------------------

Quote:
Such pimping just to kill a character is sheer cruelty.
IKR? stop selling Naomi/Naomily so their fans will watch just to be devastated. What kind of sadism is that? they better redeem this.

Quote:
I'd sign for the surgery then clear scenario any day.
Well, Naomi is in hospital for some reason. If she was dying she'd be in a hospice not a hospital. She is having some kind of treatment that needs her to stay in. Surgery is very possible if the cancer spread. They may have to remove her ovaries and womb. They may have tried chemo first but that alone doesn't work.

Quote:
Most of the fandom on Tumblr live in a paralell universe. Call me a fan snob, but they don't know a thing about this show going by the pile of nonsense you have to read in some blogs. Hell, I got more info about S7 reading this old thread of ours, than Tumblr. I like fanfic but I need to have my ship safe on canon first, then I can imagine all kinds of possibilities for them when I think about fanfic.

More than cruel, if Skins kills them, they will lost all the credit. Dumb, dumb move.
I agree with you. It amazes me how some so-called Naomily blogs seem to have no clue about their storyline. They spend too much time living in fanfic and think that's what really happened. Their is no ship left if Naomi dies. All their past scenes are tainted because we know they will lead nowhere.

It's just downright cruel to bring Naomily back to kill them off.

Last edited by Skinsfan; 07-08-2013 at 05:52 AM