Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
I'm praying for this Lisa. That could be it, and I would take it.
I mean would they first have Emily find out Naomi is terminal at Christmas and then end it at Christmas time on such a sad note? That would be making it even crueler than it needs to be. That is why I think Emily comes back then but it doesn't end then. That it has one more time jump so that Fire spans about a year. If Naomi is still dying it would likely not be at Christmas as Skins have never ended at that time of year.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Honestly guys, I don't think we should assume Kat and Lily would not sign on if Naomi was written to die. They're not exactly in a place in their careers where they can turn down roles, especially roles with big visibility. I wouldn't put much stock in anyone involved, to be honest.
Plus I don't even think they had much of a script when they agreed. Maybe a little hint at what will happen etc but nothing written in stone. They were probs asked before everything was written. But idk
Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaikaSpaceDog (View Post)
Me, months ago, the second I heard who was writing it. A person who never wrote for Naomily. A person who was a part of S6. This had "yikes" stamped all over it.

Honestly guys, I don't think we should assume Kat and Lily would not sign on if Naomi was written to die. They're not exactly in a place in their careers where they can turn down roles, especially roles with big visibility. I wouldn't put much stock in anyone involved, to be honest.

Out of all writers, BE and Jamie could pick they have to go and select the newbie that also happen to be their daughter and sister, respectively. Thak you very much.

Tbh, I have that in mind too, that's why I ultimately wouldn't blame Kat and Lily for this train wreck. They have to make a living even if they take Nicholas Cage path and accept all kinds of crap to move on.

"It's a love story about a girl who doesn't want to be in love". Jack Thorne
Old 07-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzandnaomifan (View Post)
Plus I don't even think they had much of a script when they agreed. Maybe a little hint at what will happen etc but nothing written in stone. They were probs asked before everything was written. But idk
According to Lily and Kat they did know what the storyline was and they'd read the scripts. I assume they meant an early draft. They did know the ending before signing on. It's why they agreed to do it.

So if Naomi is left dying they agreed to that and they have my disgust and anger as much as Jess, BE and JB do. I blame all five for any bad endings. And I will hate all equally.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHeart (View Post)
#AskKatAndLily. Everything's clear now... I just hope Lily and Kat didn't accept to come back to make Naomi die.
Maybe they think being still mostly identified as Emily and Naomi is hindering their carrers and this is their way of finally saying fck u goodbye to the fans.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Wouldn't it be great if Naomi dies with Effy at her bedside, and then Emily only comes back for the funeral at Christmas time?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Either you put Effy and Cook together in the same eppy, or NE with Cook, or make Effy a sidebar to Naomi and Emily's main story. Effy and Naomi needs MORE TIME to be depicted. Like you said, this is just a cheap pay off to Lily and Kaya real life friendship. I applaud your professionalism, Jess Brittain.
I honestly have no idea why they had to split Effy and Cook's episodes. It's like they're both gen 2. I thought it would be gen 1, gen 2 and gen 3 each having their own two part episodes. It just seems ridiculous to me to have two gen 2 two part episodes.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithoftheheart (View Post)
Maybe they think being still mostly identified as Emily and Naomi is hindering their carrers and this is their way of finally saying fck u goodbye to the fans.
They should just not have come back if this is why they did it. People had moved on. They've just tied themselves back to Skins.

And if they do leave Naomi dying they've just made sure that their fanbase will turn on them. I won't ever support anything they do in the future. That includes Kat's exhibition.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithoftheheart (View Post)
And why didn't theyn choose to not come back instead?

Quote:
Wouldn't it be great if Naomi dies with Effy at her bedside, and then Emily only comes back for the funeral at Christmas time?
And why not dumping Emily and develop a Neffy fanfic in between? I'm losing my mind.

Quote:
I honestly have no idea why they had to split Effy and Cook's episodes. It's like they're both gen 2. I thought it would be gen 1, gen 2 and gen 3 each having their own two part episodes. It just seems ridiculous to me to have two gen 2 two part episodes.
ITA. One minifilm per gen would've been great. But now they are willing to do one ep per character they are choosing the weakest character possible to take the lead. What a waste.

"It's a love story about a girl who doesn't want to be in love". Jack Thorne
Old 07-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think I would totally understand their choice (rationally)... but, tbh, I don't know how I would feel about that... It would take some time to accept, I guess...

Quote:
Nah... Lily wouldn't have accepted another role as a lesbian, if that were the case...
Old 07-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

I don't think they're doing that to say FU to their fans. It's probably like someone else mentioned...either they had no idea when they signed up that Naomi would receive this kind of storyline or they aren't in a place where they can refuse roles.

I don't understand why they would have to be associated with their characters anyways. Nick Hoult is getting quite well known and he started off as the lead character in generation 1.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That sounds just wonderful.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
LOL ****ing no.

Quote:
They should just not have come back if this is why they did it. People had moved on. They've just tied themselves back to Skins.
Srsly. Most of us have moved on, I mean still we love them, but we'd made peace, or at least for myself I had made peace with Skins. I never thought they'd pull this ****, and honestly I'm so angry, because how dare they ruin our ending, and our hope for these characters? How very dare they?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And why not dumping Emily and develop a Neffy fanfic in between?
At the very least, Naomi and Effy should kiss ala Naomi and Cook in 403. Because, you know. That's how Naomi gets comforted. Mouth-to-mouth kissing with her buddies. It would only be for character continuity, of course.

Quote:
I'm losing my mind.
I've clearly already lost mine.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm going to bed... See you tomorrow...

Never forget