Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, after missing the first showing on e4 due to being at the pub (I'm also going to miss the final due to pre arranging to go to a club ) here's my opinions on the episode.

I liked Effy reading the demon headmaster, it's a great book which I read when I was younger! The tv show was amazing too.

Pato was cute, although Spike (My teddy) is better.

I liked the reference back to Tony, she feels aweful about the bus hitting him.

Quote:
I really don't think they were blaming Tony's accident at all. Tony's accident was just an example of the ways that Effy was being brainwashed. He made her forget that Tony ever got into an accident - just like he made her forget she ever slept with Cook.
The point was that he was erasing all her bad memories, not that Tony's accident was the thing that destroyed her
I agree, they were showing it as an example of how she's got to how she is now, one of the many problems that she's had in her life.

John semi helped them all go away only for Cook to get them all back again. I liked how they revisited the place where Tony got hit by the bus.

I liked where Naomi went to see Effy, although I felt it was more for Naomis gain more than to see how Effy was which was a bit meh. When Naomi said "you can't change what happened" kinda went against what the doctor was saying when he was getting Effy to try and ignore everything that did happen, don't really think Naomi helped Effy at all there.

Once again we saw stupid unecessary things - when the doctor randomly started dancing was stupid and is just yet another example of Skins, it could be so much more if they just left out all that crap which just drags the show downhill.

I didn't really like it when the headmaster of the college (I think he's a bit of a twat and not realistic at all) said she couldn't retake her modules and gave her all A's, stupid.

I did chuckle at where they were all sat in the pub and saying their A level results, when Thomas stood up and said "I got expelled"

When Effy was standing in the middle of the road and Cook pushed her off, her speech after was...interesting and strange, don't really know what to make of it.

I do like cook more and more as the episodes have passed, I feel he's become more of a realistic person and less of an idiot.

I disliked them going back to the triangle, boring once again, I thought they had gone past that.

Didn't really approve of when Freddie told John to feck off, once again Skins shows a lack of respect, it would of been better if he had been civil about it.

Quote:
An embarrassment to the series. A joke of an episode that disgraces Skins.
the whole series has been kind of an embareeassment tbh, it's not been up to the standard of any of the other 3 series. This generation has wasted so many character and only really focused on 5/9 of them, they've ignored my favourite (Katie) and the character I think they could of done the most with (JJ). They've done feck all for Naomily, they've basically screwed them over, ruined what ever feeling I had for them, I don't really care for them any more.

Then we get to the end...I really don't know what to say about it, the end of fun sponge, unexpected, unecessary, stupid...just sums in series 4, ****.

I thought the music was once again outstanding, loved it all. I think it was Bob Dylan near the end, loved that song.

Quote:
The final nail in the coffin

Oh, and anyone else think Anthea is a milf?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
She was asking her friend for advice.
Well that much was obvious, but effy's in a flippin' mental retreat, and she sits down next to her...no 'so how are you doing?' She just jumps straight into talking about her situation with emily? She didn't go to see how effy was; she went to see what a 'crazy' person looks like, so that she could reassure herself that she was not crazy. It's almost funny.

Naomi's always been pretty selfish, but she's seriously getting on my t*ts this series.

Ps: Someone should give you an honorary Naomily shipper badge or sometihng

ETA: I'm not talking about Naomi from the point of view of an audience surrogate. I'm talking about her character here. Sir Samuel Vimes, Naomi wasn't there to help effy. The girl is a selfish so and so dammit and yes, Anthea is most certainly a Milf.

Last edited by LilyLover; 03-11-2010 at 08:02 PM
Old 03-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Naomi looked near enough finished in that scene with Effy. We saw the JJ/Emily "running on empty" and this was Naomi's. There is no one else for her to turn to (apart from Cook who's still at large). Effy reciprocated pretty easily, possibly the only time in this excuse (and one of the few in gen2 as a whole) that she looked comfortable with friendship IMO.

Last edited by Beached; 03-11-2010 at 08:18 PM
Old 03-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached (View Post)
Naomi looked near enough finished in that scene with Effy. We saw the JJ/Emily "running on empty" and this was Naomi's. There is no one else for her to turn to (apart from Cook who's still at large). Effy reciprocated pretty easily, possibly the only time in this excuse (and one of the few in gen2 as a whole) that she looked comfortable with friendship IMO.
I'm not disputing that she had no one else to turn to. I just would've liked Naomi to've been more considerate, instead of just bulldozing in with her problems.

I wish they'd explored the Naomi/Effy friendship moe this series. I've always thought they were epic together.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:47 PM
New Fan

jesus!

I just saw the new preview for next week's final ep! and OMFG!

my mouth went dry! i see naomi naked in bed, hurled up, crying. and yeah she's alone. so most likely bye bye emily.

cook's crying.

katie and effy are talking ( hopefully we'll get to see katie confort and help effy! )

panda is leaving
thomas has to make a decision

mandy and naomi fight (bout time naomi!!! maybe she needed that in order to react and do something! instead of mopping around letting emily kick her over and over again, thats not the way to win her back!)

and emily crying. again. seriously they should break up, their relationship is so f up!

again, in shock!! next thursday seems very far away.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well that much was obvious, but effy's in a flippin' mental retreat, and she sits down next to her...no 'so how are you doing?' She just jumps straight into talking about her situation with emily? She didn't go to see how effy was; she went to see what a 'crazy' person looks like, so that she could reassure herself that she was not crazy. It's almost funny.
Actually Naomi did the right thing. Really bad move to go visit someone who has attempted suicide and start in on that persons problems or treating them like they are a child. She asked Effy for advice, Effy cracked on Naomi, Naomi played along. Hardly sociopathic material. By the way, if she was a sociopath she wouldn't care what Emily felt nor would she be going to Effy for advice.

Quote:
When Naomi said "you can't change what happened" kinda went against what the doctor was saying when he was getting Effy to try and ignore everything that did happen, don't really think Naomi helped Effy at all there.
The doctor was full of it. He was a nutcase. While many picked it up from the moment he began spewing that nonsense, the writer offered a bit of help. That is where Naomi came in as a surrogate to let those who maybe didn't catch this guy was a quack. Naomi was right - that was the point.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by volknoir (View Post)
I just saw the new preview for next week's final ep! and OMFG!

my mouth went dry! i see naomi naked in bed, hurled up, crying. and yeah she's alone. so most likely bye bye emily.

cook's crying.

katie and effy are talking ( hopefully we'll get to see katie confort and help effy! )

panda is leaving
thomas has to make a decision

mandy and naomi fight (bout time naomi!!! maybe she needed that in order to react and do something! instead of mopping around letting emily kick her over and over again, thats not the way to win her back!)

and emily crying. again. seriously they should break up, their relationship is so f up!

again, in shock!! next thursday seems very far away.
Welcome Volknoir

I agree with everything you said, except about it being bye bye emily. I believe naomily will end up together unfortunately.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:02 PM
New Fan

Well, that was...Blech! Really? Really!!!! Why? Couldn't they have just done an episode with Effy in the hospital? I mean, I know that that's been done before on shows like House, but it still would have been a lot better than what we got. I'm seriously contemplating just erasing this series from my mind. I'm sorry, I just can't be coherent right now.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
Actually Naomi did the right thing. Really bad move to go visit someone who has attempted suicide and start in on that persons problems or treating them like they are a child. She asked Effy for advice, Effy cracked on Naomi, Naomi played along. Hardly sociopathic material. By the way, if she was a sociopath she wouldn't care what Emily felt nor would she be going to Effy for advice.
Did i say that i wanted Naomi to treat effy like a child? It just would have been nice for her to acknowledge effy's wellbeing. I didn't say Naomi was a sociopath; i said i was beginning to think she was, which was just me conveying the extremes of selfishness that i think Naomi is capable of.

Effy was joking when she said all of that crazy stuff too. The point i was trying to make had nothing to do with Naomi's reaction to effy 'cracking'. It was the initial interaction that i found fault with.

once again, she didn't go to see how effy was. She went to see what a 'crazy' person looks like, so that she could reassure herself that she was not crazy. Self-considerate.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 PM
New Fan

THANK YOU!
i registered just to rant a bit haha since im still in shock and all.

about naomi's visit and the doctor i agree with inesa? yeah when naomi was like am I missing something here...you cant change the past and so on, she was actually giving out pointers that the doctor was as f up as his patient. cuz yeah the thing is you cant run from ur mistakes or bad experiences, on the contrary u must confront them to be able to move on.

so yeah naomi and effy's scene was just about that. and also i think she knows effy enough not to treat her differently. so she talked to her about reality to take her mind off herself for once.

still i dont get why freds had to die that way, we're not watching dexter, we're watching skins for fcks sake! what is this? the l world? why murder a character? specially when next series is gonna be with a different cast. dont see the point really.

and i still think naomily will break up which is for the best. hopefully in the fanfiction world they'll get redeemed.

oh something else: did anyone noticed how kaya/effy acted like tony!!?
i was giggling at that, if u didnt catch it watch it again, check out the expression in effy's face, her movements, and you'll see Tone right there!
dunno if it was planned but it was fun watching that when they were remembering his accident.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by volknoir (View Post)
THANK YOU!
i registered just to rant a bit haha since im still in shock and all.

about naomi's visit and the doctor i agree with inesa? yeah when naomi was like am I missing something here...you cant change the past and so on, she was actually giving out pointers that the doctor was as f up as his patient. cuz yeah the thing is you cant run from ur mistakes or bad experiences, on the contrary u must confront them to be able to move on.

so yeah naomi and effy's scene was just about that. and also i think she knows effy enough not to treat her differently. so she talked to her about reality to take her mind off herself for once.

still i dont get why freds had to die that way, we're not watching dexter, we're watching skins for fcks sake! what is this? the l world? why murder a character? specially when next series is gonna be with a different cast. dont see the point really.

and i still think naomily will break up which is for the best. hopefully in the fanfiction world they'll get redeemed.

oh something else: did anyone noticed how kaya/effy acted like tony!!?
i was giggling at that, if u didnt catch it watch it again, check out the expression in effy's face, her movements, and you'll see Tone right there!
dunno if it was planned but it was fun watching that when they were remembering his accident.
Yes, i think fanfiction is all we have left now I believe the naomi/effy scene was just about that too, but what i was saying is that i would've liked for Naomi to've at least asked effy how things were going. I thought she came across as a t*t for not asking tbh. But at least Naomi's lack of regard for others is consistent with her character, so i suppose that's something

I didn't watch s1 or 2 so i can't really comment on the Tony thing.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

alright, i'm sorry. I think this direction they're going in? they totally have lost me. I know a lot of people are sad, so they achieved what they wanted, but to me it's just like really? obsessed therapist? a BAT? that guy was old, take him on. it wasn't a knife or a gun... and I feel like there's nothing going on in the finale now besides this therapist brainwashing effy now =/
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG11687 (View Post)
alright, i'm sorry. I think this direction they're going in? they totally have lost me. I know a lot of people are sad, so they achieved what they wanted, but to me it's just like really? obsessed therapist? a BAT? that guy was old, take him on. it wasn't a knife or a gun... and I feel like there's nothing going on in the finale now besides this therapist brainwashing effy now =/
I just think it's too depressing and rediculous to be enjoyable anymore. I think ppl are dissapointed with freddie's conclusion. Many wanted more for him.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It just would have been nice for her to acknowledge effy's wellbeing.
We saw a part of their discussion which was focused on letting the audience know the Doctor was a headcase. Who knows what the whole discussion was. However the best move is not to be bringing up how are you doing and are you okay. Best to just talk to the person like you normally would.

Quote:
I believe naomily will end up together unfortunately.
Why unfortunately? Did those two short sequences in episode 4 and 6 really destroy all faith? Naomi has looked pretty wrecked by what she did. Did she really do something that demands no forgiveness? From what it looks like she is in complete pain. Would she be if she didn't love Emily? People have rough patches.

You say Naomi is acting like a sociopath and act as if it would be awful if these two women overcame their problems and stayed together. I don't see the first and the latter is about growing up. Gosh - I have been figuring since last year Naomi would cheat and be forced into a position in which she would have to bare all of her heart and soul to Emily to prove her love. I never thought of her as this monster you see.

Last edited by Inesal; 03-11-2010 at 09:58 PM
Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think it's about forgiveness - I just think it's been a year, supposedly, and these two girls still can't work it out. I don't believe that one episode of resolution can erase all that unhappiness and mistrust. I feel like they should part ways amicably rather than drag each other down.

Oh, but who knows! Maybe Freddie's death will teach them to hang onto the ones you love lest they be bludgeoned to death by psychos who are obsessed with you.