Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Total Fan

oh i wouldn't scale down JB's work down to a google search.. i have too much respect for him! and BE too

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

thinking back, i'd say her reponse to Cook's "how is the love?" was a hint too. she described it as a mindfck. she could have described it differently but that's the word she used. sure she didn't break down in tears or anything but one, she wasn't gonna talk about that with Cook and two, she was not cray cray 24/7 so yeah. and in Katie's episode it was pretty clear things weren't ok. i think we are supposed to add two and two together and given the limited time they have they did fine. that's just my opinion of course.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy4jate (View Post)
thinking back, i'd say her reponse to Cook's "how is the love?" was a hint too. she described it as a mindfck. she could have described it differently but that's the word she used. sure she didn't break down in tears or anything but one, she wasn't gonna talk about that with Cook and two, she was not cray cray 24/7 so yeah. and in Katie's episode it was pretty clear things weren't ok. i think we are supposed to add two and two together and given the limited time they have they did fine. that's just my opinion of course.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:09 AM
New Fan

Although the episode was a better view of Freddie {IMO} because I actually thought he was more of a 2D character before this. I'm glad we got to see more of him.

The thing that really caught my attention through out this whole storyline was Tony. Where the hell was he? I know sometimes it's hard to get characters to come back, but they could have at least mentioned her phoned or something. It seems unrealistic to have your little sister try to kill herself, an you not even be there. MINUS POINTS FOR SKINS WRITERS!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Can I have my own opinion?
Of course you can, but don't be surprised if I tell you what I think of your opinion on a public forum.

Quote:
Its not like Freddie was keeping her locked up in her own house. She did that on her own actually.
I think the problem I have with this is that Freddie was being an enabler. For a certain amount of time he let her stay inside the house, with drugs, alcohol, and isolation. I don't think he had any idea that Effy was mentally ill at the time he was doing it, but it did happen. Once he realised what was going on, he did make an effort to get her out of the house, clean her up, and try and understand what was going on in her head.

One scene that really bugged me from this episode was when they were sitting on the staircase and Freddie lights a spliff for her and lets her smoke. It kind of freaked me out that he did this, knowing how crazy she was acting. I would think he would just want to hold her and reassure that everything was fine, not continue helping her use drugs/alcohol. I know it was a small thing looking at the big picture, but it still bugged me. :/
Old 03-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISASTERcody (View Post)
Although the episode was a better view of Freddie {IMO} because I actually thought he was more of a 2D character before this. I'm glad we got to see more of him.

The thing that really caught my attention through out this whole storyline was Tony. Where the hell was he? I know sometimes it's hard to get characters to come back, but they could have at least mentioned her phoned or something. It seems unrealistic to have your little sister try to kill herself, an you not even be there. MINUS POINTS FOR SKINS WRITERS!
Yeh i thought of that too. His little sister is in hospital, and we have no mention of someone tryiing to contact her older brohter to fil him in on the news. Bad plotting peeps!!!

One scene that really bugged me from this episode was when they were sitting on the staircase and Freddie lights a spliff for her and lets her smoke

OMG, i cant begin to explian how much that bugged me too. I kinda shouted "What". He knows by now that something is not right and that she needs help...and so he lights up a spliff and shoves it down her throat. what bf would do that when he knows she's not right!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Of course you can, but don't be surprised if I tell you what I think of your opinion on a public forum.
Ok.
Still my opinion & I've every right to have it.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy4jate (View Post)
See in that scene when she said that, my mind just kinda went into overdrive. I thought why would she say that unless something was wrong. But the only hint we ever saw this season was in Katie's ep. I think the writers should have given us more hints!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

WOOW. second thread already.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Total Fan

i wouldn't call Freddie an enabler, he tried to get Effy out of the house, he intervened thinking it'll all be okay soon but it obviously didn't work. she was mentally sick already. besides he even told Effy they need to tone down the drugs and alcohol. and so much mroe things, that points out he wasn't intending to aggravate the situation at all.

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THIS...

I love you sfm, Katie~kins. All.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberness (View Post)
i wouldn't call Freddie an enabler, he tried to get Effy out of the house, he intervened thinking it'll all be okay soon but it obviously didn't work. she was mentally sick already. besides he even told Effy they need to tone down the drugs and alcohol. and so much mroe things, that points out he wasn't intending to aggravate the situation at all.
freddie is evil. I blame him for what happened to eff. I think ONLY cook can be her savior..
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Katie was so amazing in this episode.

I wish she'd never take her angel outfit off. She is so, so lovely.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateGirl88 (View Post)
freddie is evil. I blame him for what happened to eff. I think ONLY cook can be her savior..

Katie totally rocked that outfit.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've always thought of Freddie as pretty self obsessed actually, what he did to Katie proved that to me.