Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Anybody else read it yet?
Old 07-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Addicted Fan

I have read Dead to the World about four times now - got it the day it came out. I think it's the best Sookie book thus far, definitely my favorite. It definitely won me over to the Eric side. For those of you on LiveJournal I've started a community there for Sookie fans.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh
I have read Dead to the World about four times now - got it the day it came out. I think it's the best Sookie book thus far, definitely my favorite. It definitely won me over to the Eric side. For those of you on LiveJournal I've started a community there for Sookie fans.
ooh I loved Dead to the World!! I'm such an Eric fan I can't wait for the next book. My friend suggested I read them and I finished all of the books in 3 days. I loved Sookie she is so great!! Bill annoys me at times but I adore Eric. I love the fact that he is always there for Sookie

I will totally check out your LJ Sookie fan club! I adore these books. After reading all of the Anita books it was nice to have a lighter read.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

ooh the new Southern Vampire series is coming out May 3rd! *dances around room* The book is going to be called "Dead as a Doornail" I can't wait!!

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

I haven't read these books but I have read the Twilight series and want something to read while I wait for Breaking Dawn, can one you guys, who have read them, give me a description of the series? Thanks
tu es mon ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu es mon ame (View Post)
I haven't read these books but I have read the Twilight series and want something to read while I wait for Breaking Dawn, can one you guys, who have read them, give me a description of the series? Thanks
I enjoyed reading the books

From wikipedia -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Sookie Stackhouse is the main character in The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris. Harris describes her as a tan, blue eyed, and buxom blond. The series is a first person account of her life as a barmaid and telepath in the fictional town of Bon Temps, Louisiana.

[edit] Family life

When Sookie's psychic powers manifested as a child, her parents initially considered her to be mentally ill. However, Sookie tells of one incident when her father asked her to "listen" in on a business meeting to discern the true intentions of a potential client. She told her father the man intended to take his money and her father took her advice, indicating his unspoken belief in her psychic ability. Her parents died when she was seven years old, leaving her and her older brother Jason Stackhouse to be raised by their grandmother.

Sookie's great uncle sexually molested her and her cousin Hadley from a very early age. When Sookie told her parents of the abuse, they didn't believe her. After their death, Sookie's grandmother barred him from contacting Sookie. Her grandmother's protectiveness saved Sookie from further molestation such as that which Hadley suffered at his hands.

Sookie lived with her grandmother well into her twenties and they had a close relationship. When her grandmother was murdered by a serial killer, it sunk Sookie into a deep depression. With the deaths of Sookie's great uncle and her cousin Hadley, Sookie and Jason are the only remaining Stackhouses.

Recently, the fact has come to light that fairy blood runs in her family. This possibly is what makes her attractive to supernatural creatures ("supes"), and shapeshifters and vampires in particular.

[edit] Living Situation

Sookie lives in the house left to her by her grandmother. While accidents and a fire leave the house in frequent need of repair, Sookie takes great pride in her home. She currently lives with a roommate, Amelia, and Amelia's cat Bob. She supports the household by working as a barmaid at a local bar, Merlotte's, which is owned by local shifter Sam Merlotte. as well as occasionally utilizing her telepathic talents for the local group of vampires, headed by Eric Northman. Recently, she's worked with vampires even higher up in the hierarchy, including the Kings and Queens of several states. Despite her hard work, she's not particularly wealthy and often feels strained by the need to support herself, even while her pride leaves her incapable of accepting gifts from her wealthier friends.

In her free time, Sookie suntans, reads, watches television, and attends local football games. While Sookie's telepathy left her once feeling incapable of getting a post-secondary education, she considers herself to be well-read and with a growing vocabulary. She pays great attention to her physical appearance and enjoys shopping at local boutique Tara's Togs.
maybe that will help you to make up your mind
Old 01-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
I enjoyed reading the books

From wikipedia -

maybe that will help you to make up your mind
Thanks Andie! I will look them up when I go to work (bookshop)!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Supreme Fan

My mom reads this series. I never have, but I know that she really likes it and always makes me look for new ones every time I go to the bookstore. It sounds like a fun series, though.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
My mom reads this series. I never have, but I know that she really likes it and always makes me look for new ones every time I go to the bookstore. It sounds like a fun series, though.
The new one will be out in May 2008
Old 07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm actually currently reading these because my sister insisted upon it. They're pretty good.

Chrissy |
red velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love this series. The upcoming show makes me want to re-read the collection from the beginning.
lissa68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

alright. i finally read them. and absolutely love them. to death. hehe.

cant wait for the 9th!!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm curently reading book five now. I'm enjoying this series. I love Eric and Sookie!

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
hannahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Supreme Fan

I just picked up the first book, Dead Until Dark, at Target the other day...I've been interested in seeing True Blood and didn't realize the show was based on a book series. I'm not even half way through it now, but I'm really loving it!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just bought the second book the other day. I'm gonna start reading it, when I finish the book I'm currently reading.

I started to watch the show but it didn't get me hooked. I prefer the books.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread