Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Robert Jordan's New Spring Graphic Novel Adaptation

Some of you have already enjoyed George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight graphic adaptation, and now you can also check out some of the cool character sketches from Robert Jordan's upcoming New Spring graphic adaptation in the link below, enjoy

http://www.roaringstudios.com/ns/
The_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've always been a big fan of the Wheel of Time series... I hope the adaption goes well!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Just a note to let you all know that I combined the Wheel of Time thread and the thread about the graphic novel.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Total Fan

Fantasy novel author Robert Jordan dies - USATODAY.com
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh wow. I knew he was sick but I didn't realize how bad it was. That's horrible. I'm a huge fan of his Wheel of Time series. He will be missed, that's for sure.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh... this series was with me for a huge chunk of my life. Goodbye Mr. Jordan.

I am Tyrion's Wench
LittleLoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Total Fan

As soon as I get caught up on a few other series, I'm going to get back to this one. I may have to start over from the beginning since I'm not sure where I left off and it's been so long. I hate having to start from scratch, but sometimes it's the only way.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom (View Post)
As soon as I get caught up on a few other series, I'm going to get back to this one. I may have to start over from the beginning since I'm not sure where I left off and it's been so long. I hate having to start from scratch, but sometimes it's the only way.
It's really the same for me. I haven't read the books in ages so I need to start back at the beginning. I might try to do that over the summer if I get the chance.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I was sorry to see this. I enjoyed the first books more than the later titles, but I was looking forward to seeing how it all turned out.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked the first books but it got steadily worse... I gave up in the middle of the ninth book...

Only dead fish go with the flow
White_Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Loyal Fan

I just finished TGS and was wondering if anyone here had read it and wanted to discuss it.

I wonder if I can still post here, so many years later . . .
That perches in the soul --

What?
PepperjackCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperjackCandy (View Post)
I just finished TGS and was wondering if anyone here had read it and wanted to discuss it.

I wonder if I can still post here, so many years later . . .
Oh yeah, some of us Wheel of Time fans are still around. Like, oh, me for example
So how did you like The Gathering Storm. I haven't read it or bought it yet. I'm in a transitional living arrangement (ie. I'm living with my parents and a lot of my stuff is in boxes in the garage, including most of my books). I would like to reread the whole series before I get The Gathering Storm. But I've heard fairly good things about it, especially given that a lot of it wasn't written by Jordan but by the writer chosen to finish the series.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

I read most of the series but gave up at the 9th book ("Winter's Heart"?). I think Jordan had some interesting ideas but spun the series out way too long. One of the biggest issues I had was keeping track of the minor characters and plots which only show up for one chapter, then don't appear until the next book (again in only one chapter!)
Disneypreview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneypreview (View Post)
I read most of the series but gave up at the 9th book ("Winter's Heart"?). I think Jordan had some interesting ideas but spun the series out way too long. One of the biggest issues I had was keeping track of the minor characters and plots which only show up for one chapter, then don't appear until the next book (again in only one chapter!)
Yeah, I only made it to the 5th book, before I had to start reading things for school and just didn't have time to read anything that large. But I did notice that he does have a habit of doing that. Sometimes the side stories seem to have a lot of importance in the scheme of the story. Those secondary characters end up playing a larger role than you expect, or their actions have some large consequence in the world. Other times, I'd just ignore their stories and kind of forget about them.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Is it okay to resurrect this thread?

I just finished with TGS recently, having devoured all the other books in 3 months' time. I was swept into the whole WOT world, all because 2 of my guy friends practically put the 12 books in one huge plastic bag and dumped them in my room for me to read them. They were so battered, some of the pages already yellow with a few coffee stains and frayed edges on the book covers. I was hesitant to read them first. But because of their constant prodding, I gave in. After nearly 3 months, here I am, obsessing over it.

Reply   Post New Thread