Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Loyal Fan

All right, I've relented on the TW as Mat thing. How about Michael Rosenbaum?

That perches in the soul --

What?
PepperjackCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I've only seen him as Lex. I don't know. He's certainly a good enough actor to pull off any role. But..... I'll have to think about that.

Honestly, I have such set images of the characters in my mind that I don't generally see any actors as them (except for Moiraine).

icon by lunas_borednow
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I have MR's head with brown eyes and dark brown hair now.

Now I just need a body . . .

What?
Old 11-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Loyal Fan

It's more a shirt than a body (as in it was on a web-site on a sort of dressmaker's dummy/mannequin thing), but how's this:

What?
Old 12-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello all, Asmodean is back.........and is still wading through COT. You see my story is I started reading it January, got halfway through, very disappointed - gave up - and now I've started where I have left off. And in the between I have been Super busy! Plus reading your posts I've seen some scary Shadars and some very.....wierd pictures. Anyhoo I wonder how long it'll take to get a reply?
Asmodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

Hey, Asmodean! Welcome back! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I've been trying to reread WH for a while now, but got distracted by rereads of the HP and Roswell High books. I've only made it about 1/3 of the way through so far. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 12-09-2003: Message edited Anla ]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 12-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi, Asmodean! :waves:

Ooh! I can post this link over here, too.
Ultracondensed CoT

It's CoT as done by the book-a-minute people. They're the same people who brought you the Movie-A-Minute site.

What?
Old 12-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

hi all [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] WoT newbie here, only in book 3 and reading slowly. i was skimming back a page and didn't find the answer to question that immediately popped into my head upon reading the recents posts... so i'll just ask. did someone option the movie rights and begin production for filming WoT? or are you all simply specutlating on casting, hoping that a some point someone will make a movie? is there already a moive that i'm unfamiliar with? oh, and btw, Tom Welling as Rand.... love that idea!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by evaki:
<STRONG>hi all [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] WoT newbie here, only in book 3 and reading slowly. i was skimming back a page and didn't find the answer to question that immediately popped into my head upon reading the recents posts.</STRONG>
Welcome, evaki!

When you say "book 3," are you talking about the subdivided books, where book 3 is the first half of The Great Hunt, or are you talking about The Dragon Reborn?

Well, anyway, we're just playing the "who would we cast" game.

Actually, long, long ago, we decided that CGI would really be the way to go. And I think we discussed making it an ongoing television series, rather than movies.

But it's still fun to play, and you're welcome to join in.

(Personally I see a *lot* of old Doctor Who actors in the roles. Someday I'm going to do some kind of collage to that effect.)

[ 12-09-2003: Message edited PepperjackCandy ]

[ 12-09-2003: Message edited PepperjackCandy ]

What?
Old 12-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PepperjackCandy:
<STRONG>

Welcome, evaki!

When you say "book 3," are you talking about the subdivided books, where book 3 is the first half of The Great Hunt, or are you talking about The Dragon Reborn?
Actually, long, long ago, we decided that CGI would really be the way to go. </STRONG>
Hi PepperjackCandy [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Your name sounds familiar from days of old (like when I first started doing fanforum), so you must have been a regular over on the Roswell thread at some point. (As your name would also suggest.) By book 3 I am referring to The Dragon Reborn. But I haven't even peaked at it in a month. *evaki wanders off muttering something about the "d@mn licensing exam" .... [img]smilies/daze.gif[/img] ... oh wait I was in the middle of a thought... * Sorry, I got distracted again. Oh and CGI? Sorry but the lingo is lost on me.

Any who, I have a question. The person that suggested WofT to me reported that a some point a stronger element of romances for the characters is integrated into the story line. At what point does that happen?
Old 12-10-2003, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by evaki:
<STRONG>hi all [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] WoT newbie here, only in book 3 and reading slowly</STRONG>
Welcome! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Yes, the romances become very important in the books. At least one of them starts becoming very significant by the end of The Dragon Reborn.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 12-10-2003, 09:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, since ev has already read TGH, one romance that we can be explicit about (not *that* way!) is Nynaeve and Lan.

'Cause by the end of TGH, N has L's ring (just wait'll Lan gets to college and he can give her his fraternity pin!) and has had the experience of being Mrs. Mandragoran in the ter'angreal when she was raised to Accepted.

What?
Old 12-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello Evaki!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Nice to see a new Wheel of Time fan! Things get really hot and heavy, romantically, just you wait [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

PepperjackCandy Totally righteous site!! Saves me a lot a time and effort. Still, I'm ploughing my way through up to chapter 20, elayne is shifting her skirt and Aes Sedai give eachother icy looks. Which happens which is just great (notice sarcasm) [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Anla I did the same thing. Ploughed my way through chapter 18 in January (when I got the book) then got tired, left it, read a whole tonne of other stuff, now I'm at chapter 20!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Can't wait for the next Jordan epic, tome, sleep-aid/bordem pill.
Actually quite serious, I'm sure the end will be great, its only Cot that I have qualms with!

Nice seeing you all again!! I thought at first that this forum disappeared! By the way, on topic [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] what book was it, that an Aes Sedai had a vision of the birth of the Dragon on Dragonmount? something interested me about it just now.

Anyhoo, again nice seeing you all!
Asmodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Asmodean:
<STRONG>PepperjackCandy Totally righteous site!! Saves me a lot a time and effort.</STRONG>
Hee!

Quote:
<STRONG> what book was it, that an Aes Sedai had a vision of the birth of the Dragon on Dragonmount? something interested me about it just now.</STRONG>
I think Moiraine tells Rand about it in her confab with him, Siuan, and Verin in TGH. Or is it a one-on-one conversation early in TDR?

Ooh! New theory about the Verin/Moiraine thing. I *think* I've already posted my theory that Liandrin sent Verin after the boys telling her that the instructions came from Moiraine (and I bet Verin would have seized any excuse to study Ta'veren at work and never questioned how the instructions came to her).

Or, maybe the clue is in Moiraine's word "send." I think she says that she didn't *send* Verin. She didn't say that she didn't hint strongly that Verin should go. And if Verin interpreted the hint as an instruction, she wouldn't be lying to say that Moiraine sent her.

What?
Old 12-11-2003, 04:08 AM
Master Fan

PepperjackCandy - I read that "summary" of CoT. Quite amusing. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Asmodean - My favorite parts in CoT were the ones about Mat. 'Cause Mat's cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] They were what made the book worth reading for me.

icon by lunas_borednow
Reply   Post New Thread