Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hood:
<STRONG>I always cry! I read the whole triology million times and I always cried. But that's the only way it could end I guess, and it's brilliant.</STRONG>
Yeah, I was wondering what would happen at the end, and I was so sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] By the way, I love your av. Bob Marley rocked. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 03:08 PM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

Hello Hood [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

I'm going to read them again soon. Maybe I should try and do it before I leave and see them on stage.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Johanna*~:
<STRONG>
Yeah, I was wondering what would happen at the end, and I was so sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] By the way, I love your av. Bob Marley rocked. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So, what's your favorite book in HDM? I think mine is Northern Lights.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Passionate Fan

The one I remember clearly is Northern Lights. The rest just merge together as one book. I really enjoyed reading about Will when he first enters the Citadel.Cittaagaze?... I forget what the name of the place is...but the image of that place is very vivid!

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:34 PM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

I love the first chapter of The Subtle Knife, the very first page in fact. It jumps straight in the deep end telling us that he has just killed someone.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hood:
<STRONG>So, what's your favorite book in HDM? I think mine is Northern Lights.</STRONG>
Here in the US it's called "The Golden Compass". It's the same thing, right? Anyway, my favorite is...well, that's hard...I guess it would be The Subtle Knife, because of Will and Lyra meeting and discovering the power of the knife. Hmm...But all of those books are great. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2003, 01:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

These books are really good [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love Lyra and Will [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] And I cried a whole ton while reading "The Amber Spyglass" I think that was my favourite of these books - I was shocked, happy, sad, etc. all in one! (plus, it was the longest [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )

[ 12-01-2003: Message edited ILuvRyan&Seth ]

You know you love me...
gossipGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

I just got back from the play at the National and I'm speechless. It's one of the best adaptions to stage I have ever seen. Can't wait for part two now. Everyone should get down and see it if they can.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
<STRONG>I just got back from the play at the National and I'm speechless. It's one of the best adaptions to stage I have ever seen. Can't wait for part two now. Everyone should get down and see it if they can.</STRONG>
Darn. I wish I could see it! Where are you from, Ben? Is it only in the UK? *sigh* Nothing cool ever happens here in Santa Cruz. Heehee well I can't say that, but definetly no one thinks to do HDM as a play.
You are so lucky!
Old 12-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

I'm just lucky to be back in England at the moment. It's only here at the moment. But I'm sure they'll tour it. It's booked out until the end of March.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
<STRONG>I'm just lucky to be back in England at the moment. It's only here at the moment. But I'm sure they'll tour it. It's booked out until the end of March.</STRONG>
Really? Do you think they'll tour the US? Still, if it's booked that far in advance... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

I just bought the first book from the series today. I always see the second and third books but never see the first so when I found a copy in a bookstore near my school, I took the opportunity to buy it. I'm looking forward to reading it.
Starlightmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:15 PM
Loyal Fan

The first one is different from the other two. Books 2 and 3 seem like a continuing story, while the first one is related and happens before them, but just doesn't flow into them. I hope you know what I mean! I think it's because Will is introduced in book 2, and it continues to #3. Still, they are amazing books!!!
Old 12-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

I've finished the first book and am anxiously waiting foe the second andthird. Hopefully with some Christmas money I'll be able to buy them. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Starlightmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey there. I recieved the first book a while ago as a gift, my pay check was soon gone with the second and third, I think one night I even missed dinner I was too entralled in reading [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The deeper meanings were'nt lost on me, but I did'nt really analyse them, it's a book, harmless, people who get angry about it tainting religion in some way should realise that if this book changes a childs views on religion that their beliefs were weak in the first place and open to change. It annoys me to no end when people say that books 'influence' readers into beliefs and views they would'nt normally have. Blah. Thats crap. It may give us new ideas, but at the end of the day we're going to think what we want, no matter what some book suggests.

Hope that little rant made sense [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I get carried away sometimes.
Reply   Post New Thread