Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

OMG. Whoa. Totally didnt see the whole BDSM coming!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Loyal Fan

I just finished reading the series. Like many have stated, it is not a great literary piece of work, but it is a page-turner.

Ros1

Ros1
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Just got the first book out of the library - will start reading it soon

OMG! Fifty Shades Of Grey sales go through the roof « FabulousMag – Keeping you Fabulous, 24 hours a day
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'M just in the middle of book 2

I read something about Selena Gomez might be playing ANa?!?!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

✌ Holly ©
Old 06-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I cannot see her taking that role.

I finally finished it and I quiet liked the last book once it got going. It was a satisfying ending to the series I thought.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:00 AM
Supreme Fan

I have to think the Selena Gomez rumor is completely false - first of all, she's like 11, and secondly, she is not pale (not that that can't be changed but I think it would be weird if they did).

I like how she went into Christian's story at the end of the third - it made me wish she'd continue with his POV.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just started the first book, I can't put it down
icon: xthebesthing
Old 06-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~ (View Post)
I cannot see her taking that role.

I finally finished it and I quiet liked the last book once it got going. It was a satisfying ending to the series I thought.
Yeah people told me it got better after the first book.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I heard on the news that this series was the fasted selling novel ever.. outlasting Harry Potter.

Quote:
Fifty Shades hit the 550,000 sales mark quicker than any other paperback, The Bookseller magazine has reported.

It is the fourth book in the UK to sell more than 100,000 copies in a single week and, according to The Daily Telegraph, is on track to sell one million copies in the UK by the end of the year.

The raunchy novel has been Britain's best-selling book for nine weeks and looks set to become one of the best-selling books ever.

Its sequels Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed have also held on to second and third position on the UK paperback book chart for the past six weeks.

The trilogy, which revolves around college graduate Anastasia Steele and her relationship with billionaire Christian Grey, was written by 49-year-old mother-of-two Erika Mitchell under the name EL James.

She initially posted excerpts on the internet two years ago and is now said to be worth almost £4million after signing a number of book deals and a Hollywood movie contract.

Philip Stone, who compiles book charts for The Bookseller, told the Daily Mail: 'It is highly unusual for a book to sell so well without there being a film adaptation or the author being well known, like Dan Brown or JK Rowling. Clearly it has become acceptable for something like this to be talked about openly.'

A spokesman for Nielsen Book-Scan, which compiles the official chart figures, added: ‘The success has not been driven by people who regularly buy books, but by people who buy maybe three or four books a year.

‘The books have crossed into the mass market. Clearly, people aren’t embarrassed by it any more.’

It is rumoured that EL James is considering a second trilogy written from the perspective of Christian Grey.

Read more: Fifty Shades Of Grey overtakes Harry Potter as fastest-selling paperback | Metro.co.uk
Old 06-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do you guys have any idea who could play Ana??

Wow.. yes I guess the novels have run over the world pretty fast

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

✌ Holly ©
Old 06-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, it's the fastest selling novel but that's based on the media sensationalizing it, not based on quality. People are reading it because it's risque, not because they've heard what great quality writing it is.

I could see Amanda Seyfried playing the role of Ana - she's got the pale, waifish look going on. Possibly also Anna Kendrick?

I read recently that Scarlett Johansson is another name being thrown out to play Ana - I really hope that's not accurate.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not all good books have to be great quality, just as long as the story is compelling.. after all, it IS about the story.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Supreme Fan

I just find the comparison to Harry Potter a bit off-putting. And I guess I wouldn't call an entertaining book a good book - to me, quality does have a part in that as well. And vice versa too - I wouldn't call a well written book good if it's not entertaining.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. A good book has a lot of factors. It's not just one or the other.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am currently reading the series for the second time. I am almost done with book 2. Personally I am appreciating the second time through even more. It's really a lovely story of transformation and redemption through unconditional love. It is not a literary classic but it does hold much of what I look for in a romance.

And seriously how can you not love Christian Grey? I will never look at a gray tie in the same way again or elevator for that matter among a few other things.

Maxâ£ï¸Liz
Closed Thread   Post New Thread