Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Do you carry a book around everywhere?

I take a book to school because we have 20 minutes of reading at the begining of each day and in case I finish all my work in class.

I also take one to the beach in case I get bored.

[ 01-03-2004: Message edited Stars_And_Sunsets ]

Reading Is Awesome!
Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:11 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm quite lost without a book. My friends and I go out and they've got little tiny handbags they can just fit some lipstick in if they're lucky, and I've always got a huge bag which will carry my latest book in. Especially as I've been reading some pretty hefty novels lately (LOTR, Don DeLillo's Underworld).

I read on the bus to and from work, it's the only chance I get to read apart from in bed, so yes, where I go, my books go [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Most definitely yes! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My Mum jokes that I can't leave the house without having a truckful of books in my bag [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 08:47 AM
jjt
Master Fan

Not everywhere. But close.

I always have a book in the car. I have books at work and home of course. I generally only carry one in my hand when I know I'm going to have downtime to read. Or if I'm really into a book .. cause then I just can't take a chance of getting a chance to read and not having it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

I always have a book with me. When I used to have to take the bus to school, I would always read on the way there and back. Now I take a book on the off chance that I'll get a chance to read during class - there are some incredibly slow days.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:33 PM
MST Manager

I always take a book with me if I'm going to the beach, or getting on an airplane. If I am going for a long road trip, and I am not driving, I have a book with me, but I cannot read in a moving car because I get very nauseous.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Nearly everywhere, I read whenever I got some free time.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just about everywhere. I feel almost naked if I don't have something to read. If not a book, a magazine or newspaper.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Always! Even though half the time I don't have anything new to read I always bring along an old favorite, usually The Virgin Suicides, and just read that again. No matter where I go.

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 01-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Supreme Fan

I tend to get in trouble at school for reading. It's amazing that reading is frowned upon in school, kind of ironic actually. Anyway, I always have a book with me. I'm reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series so I normally have one of those.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I carry a book in school all the time. When ever I come out of my building if I'm not carriying a book my neighbors think it's creepy. I'm the chick with a book and a cd player always.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

I had levoscoliosis when I was a kid because I'd been carrying books in my bag on my left shoulder every single day. We went to the doctor and he said I had to fix my posture right away. I shifted the bag to my right shoulder the very next day. Now I have dextroscoliosis, the same thing, only on the other side.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 01-04-2004, 02:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh yes, I am never without at least one book - usually two in case I finish the one I am reading! The ONE time I was in too much of a hurry to remember to grab a book, my train was delayed for an hour between stations [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I have learnt my lesson [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yup. I always need a book to pass the time away. I hate waiting around doing nothing, so I usually have a book with me. And sometimes I bring a second one just in case I finish the other book already.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

oh yes. sometimes several, just in case i'm in a really boring situation and i finish more than one.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread